your relationship with OH

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
what things do you and your otherhalf do to help each other and to keep your relationship fresh/happy/strong?

me and my OH love each other to bits but sometimes we let the stress/pressure bring us down!

x

We buy each other things that the other wouldn't spend the money on for ourselves as a surprise alot, some times little things, some times big ones. We go away quite a lot too, but as a family. We don't have the time we used to and don't have anyone to babysit for us to go out regularly. DH tells me he loves me at least once a day. We try to do stuff day in day out that we think will please the other and try to show each other in some way that we love one another every day. He still takes my breath away when I look at him and I tell him so and vice versa. We are quite touchy feely with one another. If he's stressed I'll either do something to make him laugh, offer advice if it's work related (we work in the same field) or give him a massage, bathe him, give him a pedicure (he's insulin dependant and his feet are not good) or book somewhere away, he does the same for me. I was left by my first husband in a cruel way and maybe we'd let things slide, I'll be damned if it's going to happen again. I know it's hard and it takes effort, especially when we're tired, but the end def justifies the means. This man gave me a wonderful child, he is a wonderful father and the best husband I could wish for, therefore sometimes When im really ratty I just bite my tongue, let it go and remember why I love him :)

Last edited:
My hubby and I tend to let things get us down but slowly are learning not to! It diesn't help that I've just gone back to work and he's got quite a stressful job.

Lately we worked out that we just don't talk enough, so once bubba's in bed. We make a nice cup of tea, out the telly on mute and just chat! It's made me realise just how much everyday life can get in the way of simple things like having a cuddle or talking about our day instead of what colour the baby's poo currently is!

Make him a cuppa and give him a cuddle and just take half an hour to spend in each others company.

Hope this helps.xx

You need to start remembering why you made LO in the first place. It's easy to just become someone's parents and forget each other. There is always going to be some time to have, we are starting to leave our dinner til after Albert goes to bed at 8, we sit and chat and have a glass of wine and then snuggle up and watch crap on the tv.

thanks girls!
dexter is being such a handful lately. hes teething really badly and is whingey alot and also fights sleep alot. so most of the time we're just trying to deal with him. and we end up jumping down one anothers throats. but we do make sure we tell one another how much we love each other everyday. its just hard to find the time to actually show it. xx

We are starting as we mean to go on, make time for a cuddle, a nice text. We've always told each other we love each other several times a day. I make him a cuppa when he gets in from work and he runs me a bath. Then we get cuddles when Kaiden is asleep. Love that man so much!! He told me that I have become so soppy since Kaiden was born lol xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

show effection to each other say sorry when we been wrong ,but we have our bad moments as well not many but i guess all couples do x

Make eye contact... and touch eachother. A quick cuddle when he comes in from work and looking eachother in the eye when we talk.. sounds daft but its easy to forget the small things c

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Eye contact is a good one and not something is really thought about, but its not until you mentioned it that I realised its so easy not to do this! Making bottles, changing bottles, cooing at LO it's so easy to forget this.

I find taking a breath before I speak to DH if I'm irritated helps, which seems to be a lot recently LOL!

Going to bed at the same time is weirdly important to us so that we remain together at the end of the day xx

You need to start remembering why you made LO in the first place. It's easy to just become someone's parents and forget each other. There is always going to be some time to have, we are starting to leave our dinner til after Albert goes to bed at 8, we sit and chat and have a glass of wine and then snuggle up and watch crap on the tv.

This is what we do and also we make a date night every month, we get someone to babysit and even if we just stay in it's just me and hubby, we haven;t been brave enough to leave R with anyone overnight yet though so can't help there :) xx

Going to bed at the same time is weirdly important to us so that we remain together at the end of the day xx

DH works nightshift every other week and works Saturday night as doorman so going to bed at same time us also important to us. Even if it means watching DVD til 1.30am and me having to get up 3 hours later with LO which doesn't usually happen but I knew the night I stayed up late he would waken early.
Have said we're gonna start having the odd night out. We have my parents or sister close for babysitting duties.
We do try to eat dinner at the same time. Getting easier to do this now that wee man is more interested in toys or baby tv.

Totally agree with you FBE.
Cuddling up in bed together at the end of the day always makes me feel closer to him for some reason.
Also making sure that we talk to each other about stuff other than lo and DD and just have a bloody good laugh together.

Last edited:
i stay up til 11 so i get to spend a lil time with oh otherwise id be in bed by 9pm most nights lol. we always kiss goodnight and i tell him hes attractive in my usual jokey perv way. i never say anything i dont mean or in the heat of anger, i bite my tongue and think about things first. basically dont forget theyre important to you and treat them with a bit of consideration and care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back