Your Ideas needed!

vampybear

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have created a pregnancy blog and would love your views on how to make it better and what topics are important to cover.

It is not the usual blog, as I want it blunt and honest, to help prepare women on what pregnancy really can be like, because I got a huge shock at how BAD it can be in my first trimester, and really could have done with reading a detailed and honest account before I put myself through that!

If you have 5 mins I would be really grateful for your comments on there about what you like, what could be done better and topic ideas for future posts (you dont need to register to comment, and you can even do it anonymously).

It's called The Pregnant Pessimist and can be found on http://pregnantpessimist.blogspot.com/

Thanks Guys!

I had a quick read, sorry couldnt find where to comment on there though! I did think you were very negative and pessimistic though, did you not have any days of seeing light at the end of the tunnel? Not saying it's not true about tri 1 cos believe me I felt totally crap the whole time and thought it would never end but I also wanted a glimmer of hope from someone that I might feel better tomorrow! I got a shock cos my first pregnancy I only felt sick in the mornings! I know your trying to be totally honest about your own experience but I wouldn't have read it all through if I was still in tri 1 or TTC! I wanted to hear theres a chance Id feel better before 12 weeks!

Maybe add some thoughts you had about the growing life inside you and your future baby would also be good, your scan etc. I know I was always excited to read how big the baby was and what had formed during that week, I loved seeing little pictures and comparing to the size of some random fruit, I would buy that fruit that week lol! Perhaps some funny bits about how crappy you felt, such as I had to fake a urine infection on a girls night out to hide my pregnancy and nobody guessed at all, I also went to my daughters parents evening and all I could think about was where the loo was and not to be sick, god knows what the teachers told me, she could have been really bad and I would have politely nodded my head! They must have thought I didn't care! Maybe you threw up somewhere embarrassing or funny? Or fell asleep somewhere you shouldn't so people thought you were drunk or something? We all love to read the funny but true events of pregnancy and birth!

It is good to hear all the 'real' stuff but personally I want to hear good stuff too so hopefully you will get that great feeling lots of women (def not all) get in tri 2, I was one of those lucky ones who bloomed with endless energy probably to make up for the crappy tri 1!

Good luck with the blog and the rest of your pregnancy!

lol thanks for your comment- i would put positive stuff on it if any actualy happened. The point I was trying to highlight is that what I was not aware of, is that some women can experience the issues 24 hours a day, every day - which is what I have had. I have not had any nice moments of the pregnancy yet, i have felt AWFUL the whole way through and thats what shocked me most. I assumed you might at least get the odd half hour every now and then of feeling ok or slightly well.

So i would have benefitted from that hardcore truth so i was more prepared.

I didnt call it Pessimist for nothing, that is what it means!
But yeah i get that the more optimistic people out there wont be able to handle it, so they shouldnt read it lol.

I will put positive in it when there is positive stuff. My scan was great but that day i couldnt even keep a sip of water down the whole day so i felt dehydrated and very very weak, and the scanning lady was soooo rude (shes notorious for it apparently) so it wasnt the lovely dream i was hoping for.

But hey ho, im praying this second trimester is nice, so i can then add a post to show why you need to hang in there through that awful time!

Lucky you for having it easy!

TBH its not for me! If I was ttcing I would seriously be reconsidering the idea lol

That's a shame your having such a bad time, even your scan wasn't what you expected. I was thinking maybe it would be more interesting to read if it was turned round to be humorous bad stuff? You know like grumpy comedians moaning? Maybe too soon to be able to feel that way yet as your still suffering, and it does feel like it's never going to improve! I even took to wearing sea sick bands all day and night and moon stones! (still wear a collection of stones now lol) I was also thinking about adding stuff in about extremes in mood and hormones how you cry (and laugh) at nothing or have you not got to the joys of this yet? Maybe other bodily function changes? Nobody tells you about discharge or poo's only that you wee constantly! A few more annoying tri 1 symptoms, Greasy hair, hair color not working right anymore, bodily hair growing too much but too sensitive to get rid of, spots, headaches! Oh and the best bit, a lot of peoples tri 1 symptoms come back in tri 3 but are added to tri 3 symptoms! Nobody tells you that one! Tri 2 is the best bit even if you still feel crappy!

or the fact that it might not get better in tri 2..
im still sick and tired, crampy and my back hurts lol. i cry at nothing, i cry when i laugh too much. and i would do it again in a heartbeat. i dont care how sick i get or how horrible it is it will be worth it to hold my baby.

I think the cramps were quite a big thing for me...i very rarely would get period cramps before so to have the "expanding" cramps i was quite gutted as i thought anything period related was gone for 9months!

Sleep-i never though i would be feeling uncomfortable in the first trimester. I was hardly getting any sleep at night and was exhausted during the day. Really didn't think it would be so strong so quickly!

Discharge-did not know this would happpen...have had to stock up on liners!

emotions are everywhere-i was moody and was snappy and then i'd cry for being moody and snappy!

ah thanks for your comments guys.

In the last couple of days my energy has started to come back, so I am feeling a fair bit better and I am in wk 14 so maybe people were right when they said thats when it starts to get better!

So yes my posts will become more positive in that sense, and my latest one about my GTT test I believe is a mixture of funny and reality as it was an amusing experience!

I know this is not gonna be for some people- I personally hate the mushy lovey dovey rubbish ones u get about how women bloom and blossom and are lucky to be the ones who create the child and use healing and chanting rah rah to make the pain go away.

Im honest and blunt so respond best to that, so people like me are who I am targetting, and if you are a lucky one who has no symptoms, reading it will at least make you appreciate how lucky you have been even more!

yeah, i hate being told im looking great and 'blooming' when i spent the morning pukeing up bile in my sink lol

lol i once upchucked my coffee on the grass verge outside my work. its a little cul de sac and if anyone saw me god knows what they thought!

lmao it's such a glamorous and elegant process!
apparently as u get big and bloated the wind out both ends gets a lot more so im worried about all that during my professional meetings lol, coz ive noticed whilst pregnant they smell the worst ever lol

oh so far im not bloated or windy, im not prone to bottom burps normally anyway. i did get bloated at about 6 weeks but its gone down and not returned, cant actually tell im pregnant. least i dont think so since i havent got a bump or put on any weight due to the pukeing and sickness.

lucky u, ive been puking but still managed to pile on the pounds from no exercising!

lol i never exercised to start with, and im quite overweight so i got lots to lose, baby gets to live off that for a while. my mum lost weight while carrying me and she wasnt even sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back