Young Mums

Age doesn't define what sort of parent you are!
You could be a terrible parent at a young age and a terrbile parent when your older of you could be an amazing parent !

Im 19 and have my little girl, yes it's hard but i love every second of it, i hate how some people look at me when im walking with her its like they are looking down their noses at me.

I refuse to live off benifits for my entire life as that will just make all my critics correct. I will have to go on Income support whilst im at college studying for my NVQ 4. But as soon as im qualified and baby is old enough to start daycare then i will begin working with children as either a childminder or a nursery nurse.
:hugs: its not even about benefits , despite my last post . A good mum (of any age) does whatever she has to for her child , whatever way she can and it sounds like your doing just that xx

thankyuou hun; i completely agree! xx

avin a baby at any ages is hard work....................if you are mentally prepard for it then it dont matter if you are 16 or 36,

i was 25 when i had my first and i wasnt ready for it haha in any shape way or form
but since hvaving him it was the wake up call i needed and i wouldnt change it for the world my lil lad dont go with out nothing, an is my world,

some young mums mess up but then so do some older mums, its just an easy option for people to blaim the age when really its naff all to do with it x x

Im 22 and I feel fully ready to be a mum, I have always had urges, I always new that I wanted to be a mum and have a family. I didnt plan to have a baby at this age but Im in a loving relationship and we have support from my family and my other halve's family. I do understand what you mean tinytoes!! I think I look my age but alot of people say I look younger (probably a good thing in the long run) and when I am out people see my bump and the they look straight at my face...the looks I have got!! One middleaged lady did say some nasty comments "another single mum in the housing queue" etc etc which was upsetting at first But I corrected her!! Another thing that annoys me is when I get on the bus and tube everyday (I live in London) and only one old man has pffered me a seat I didnt take it as he was quite old but no one else, Its got to the point where I have to ask people to move and they look at me like Im covered in poo or something!!! x

I didn't think 30 was classed as an older mother - are you guys nuts! :lol: what are the people who are in thier 40s classed as ancient mothers? hehe. I'm 30 (just) and think I'm still young will still be under 50 by the time this one has grown up and will have plenty life left to finally do what I want. I was a young mum 17 when i fell pregnant and 18 when I had her. In some ways its good in other its bad. I defo wasn't mature enough to have her, despite what I thought at the time. I feel like I've missed out on so much that my friends all did and at times it was very lonely. I was also stuck with someone I didn't even like for many years, along with a whole host of other things that would take too long to go into but I know that these things would never have come about if I hadn't fallen pregnant. On the other hand, I love the fact that I get on fantastic with my daughter, something that I don't have with my own mum. I couldn't tell you if that is because i wasn't very old when I had her or if it is because of other reasons but that doesn't really matter I just know I'm lucky to have such a great child. If i could do it again though I wouldn't have been so daft and I would have waited.

God I wouldnt class someone as an older mum unless they were in their later 40's . I think we're just very young :)

snr1982 - I don't think I'm old either but apparently 30 is considered an older mum :lol: Its so weird because you're somewhere very near me in Aberdeen lol.

x

Blimey, I dont know what people must think of me then lol, Im 42 and mum to a 9 year old and TTC baby number 2 ;) x

noo I'm not accepting that at all! I'm starting a 30 is the new young mums fun group.. :lol: I'm not technically in Aberdeen - in one of the lovely places on the outskirts :).

noo I'm not accepting that at all! I'm starting a 30 is the new young mums fun group.. :lol: I'm not technically in Aberdeen - in one of the lovely places on the outskirts :).

Oh you should!!!! So you're a chuchter then? Lol. I'm fae buckie originally quine haha.
X

Actually I wonder which official person/group decides on what's young and what's old to be a mum. I'll need to find that out now lol.

i had my first child at 17, my 2nd at 19, were pregnant again i will be 22 this time. My age doesn't bother me, i love my life. I married my gorgeous hubby we have been together over 5 years now.I have worked full time since i left school. My hubby is 10 years older than me, so this has been a joint decision of what we do in our lives and for him being in his 30's is a factor for wanting to settle now. he thinks he is old lol. i wouldnt change my life for the world x x x

All the comments ab benefits... I am on benefits and I do live in a council flat, however, I am on ESA (the new incapacity) because I cannot work due to a health complaint... It just means I'll be a stay at home Mum!! My fiance lost his job last month and is currently searching... I don't plan to live like this forever... But everyone has bad times... I'm just getting mine out the way now... xx

All the comments ab benefits... I am on benefits and I do live in a council flat, however, I am on ESA (the new incapacity) because I cannot work due to a health complaint... It just means I'll be a stay at home Mum!! My fiance lost his job last month and is currently searching... I don't plan to live like this forever... But everyone has bad times... I'm just getting mine out the way now... xx
And there is nothing wrong with that , I hope my benefits comment didnt offend you :( , If i had bad times I would be straight away doing whatever I had to to look after my family . Its people who abuse the system that I have a problem with . :hugs: I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt x

And there is nothing wrong with that , I hope my benefits comment didnt offend you :( , If i had bad times I would be straight away doing whatever I had to to look after my family . Its people who abuse the system that I have a problem with . :hugs: I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt x

norr.... i just dont like being lumped in with your "a-typical" scrounger stereotype ya know lol x

What is the 'right' age to have a baby anyway??

I mean technically being 30 or over youre higher at risk and considered an older mum but then people like me at 23 are considered young - i wonder what age most people would say is the perfect age? x

What is the 'right' age to have a baby anyway??

I mean technically being 30 or over youre higher at risk and considered an older mum but then people like me at 23 are considered young - i wonder what age most people would say is the perfect age? x

Don't think there is a perfect age hun. And just like you said in another thread there's no perfect time either :)

i guess if its wasnt right then it wouldnt have happened for any of us so we are very lucky! :)

i guess if its wasnt right then it wouldnt have happened for any of us so we are very lucky! :)

Very lucky hun :) for me its the best thing that's ever happened! And to think some people have to TTC for.so long or some ladies can't get pregnant :(

I really dont think there is a right age , all I know is , i'm glad it happened when it did and I wouldn't change it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back