Oh, you're young!

I can relate to all you young girlies too. Ive just turned 22 (yesterday) and expecting my first with my fiancé who's 30. A lot of my old school friends have said that don't I feel that my life is moving too quickly? And what about having 'a life'? Tbh, I feel like Ive had more of a life already than most of them, who are still living off their parents and unemployed, hanging out down the pub at all hours. I have no problem if that's the lifestyle they choose, but they shouldn't judge me for the life I've chosen. I'm finishing university this year whilst being a support worker for disabled adults, having my first child, am renting my own flat and will be getting married (eventually!) to the love of my life! And they say 'what about having a life'??? Another thing that pees me off is the fact that my partner is 8 years older than me, some people think it was his 'fault' for 'tying me down' as he's older. Seriously?? Im fed up with having to explain my situation to everyone. As my uni tutor quite rightly put when I was talking to her, "You're not one of these 18yr olds who are going out every night, getting drunk, and sleeping with every guy you meet. You know your story and situation, and will give your child a happy loving home. That's all that matters, ignore the others!"

Its absolutely nobody's business!
You're not asking them to raise your children so tell them to sod off! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

im the same i 25 but look about 16 have actually been asked for id to buy a lottery ticket lol i carry my passport every were but i hate the looks i get off people and the comments i told my cousin yesterday that i was was pregnant and she just looked at me and said already ! and my mum had to jump in and tell her i had been with my oh for 7 years going on 8 this year and had actually been ttc for 3 years but i dont see why we should have to explain ourselfs to other people all the time. Im pregnant and proud lol xx

People are so judgemental. It doesn't matter how old you are, what's important is that you can provide a loving, stable environment for your children. I know it's hard but try not to take any notice of these people xxx :hug:
I can usually take things like that and forget about them, but recently everything has been getting to me :sad:

Another thing is they think I'm living off the government. Well I'm not, my husband works his arse off to bring money in, he isn't some guy who sits around claiming to be disabled or something.

ouch u dont like being judged for being young so dont assume that every person on disability is claming fraudulently.disabled people get enough stick as it is for living off the gov and from the condem gov ( yeah cause long term disability is really a lifestyle choice :roll: ).
most people get benefits these days ie tax credits, child tax credits ect even if they do work.

I'm with this lady!! My husband is disabled and doesn't choose to be and he still works I also have a disabled son who I don't think any one would wish upon, I had him at 18 I'm now 27 and expecting my second my husband then was for and healthy and worked bloody hard but health issues have now made that impossible he's 32 walks with a walking stick and has to crawl up and down the stairs....if you don't like being judged for being young with children then don't judge disabled people who genuinely are making a claim for help and what they are entitled to

Have to agree.
I have arthritis and M.E and get disability, but I work for myself as a freelance photographer (haven't worked since b4 christmas because of hyperemesis but should really get back to it soon)

I hate it when people make assumptions about people on disability because some people are on for a genuine reason!
And what I had to go through to get it was a task and a half!!

Have to agree.
I have arthritis and M.E and get disability, but I work for myself as a freelance photographer (haven't worked since b4 christmas because of hyperemesis but should really get back to it soon)

I hate it when people make assumptions about people on disability because some people are on for a genuine reason!
And what I had to go through to get it was a task and a half!!

We had to go through court of appeal twice to get ours x

Tell me about it! was a nightmare for me to.. invisible disability which is also rare was hell. yet you hear about Fraud when they get easily but people with genuine need strugge
but as I said before think the op, was talking about assumptions as far as being young and getting benifits goes rather than having a dig at all who are genuinely claiming

Last edited:
Hubby Is a type 1 diabetic with retinopathy, neuropathy in his hands and feet severe psoriasis all over his body the list goes on but because you can't see it people refuse to believe he's disabled x

People are so judgemental. It doesn't matter how old you are, what's important is that you can provide a loving, stable environment for your children. I know it's hard but try not to take any notice of these people xxx :hug:
I can usually take things like that and forget about them, but recently everything has been getting to me :sad:

Another thing is they think I'm living off the government. Well I'm not, my husband works his arse off to bring money in, he isn't some guy who sits around claiming to be disabled or something.

ouch u dont like being judged for being young so dont assume that every person on disability is claming fraudulently.disabled people get enough stick as it is for living off the gov and from the condem gov ( yeah cause long term disability is really a lifestyle choice :roll: ).
most people get benefits these days ie tax credits, child tax credits ect even if they do work.

Sorry to chip in, but I don't think the OP stated that every person on disability is fraudulently claiming. She merely stated that her hubby worked for what they have.

I don't wish to cause offence or upset anyone, but equally let's not read into something she didn't actually say.

I'm with this lady!! My husband is disabled and doesn't choose to be and he still works I also have a disabled son who I don't think any one would wish upon, I had him at 18 I'm now 27 and expecting my second my husband then was for and healthy and worked bloody hard but health issues have now made that impossible he's 32 walks with a walking stick and has to crawl up and down the stairs....if you don't like being judged for being young with children then don't judge disabled people who genuinely are making a claim for help and what they are entitled to
I didn't mean that everybody who claims disability benefits are claiming them wrongly, and if you claim them and do genuinely qualify for them, then I haven't got any problem with that, but what I meant was he isn't somebody who is living of the government without a good reason.

Sorry if I offended anybody, I didn't intend to.

Sorry to chip in, but I don't think the OP stated that every person on disability is fraudulently claiming. She merely stated that her hubby worked for what they have.

I don't wish to cause offence or upset anyone, but equally let's not read into something she didn't actually say.
Thanks, that's what I meant. Maybe I should have worded it better.

i know u didnt mean offense.that was me feeling sensetive about being preg and being disabled after reading all the welfare bill reforms.so im sorry if i offended u it;s kinda scary bringing another child into the world when u dont work and u have to jump through hoops to prove u are disabled.
on a lighter note i had my oldest kids at 20 and 21 and people would say aw u cant be any more than 16 and with 2 babies.id have to point out i was 22 not 16 as they thought.at 31 i was in tesco;s with my mum asking for ciggies and the woman asked for id.my mum and i both said at the same time im 31 then my mum was nearly pissing herself laughing at the old bag behind the till.the woman was so embarrassed she quickly gave me the ciggies.

at 31 i was in tesco;s with my mum asking for ciggies and the woman asked for id.my mum and i both said at the same time im 31 then my mum was nearly pissing herself laughing at the old bag behind the till.the woman was so embarrassed she quickly gave me the ciggies.

lol! I don't often get ID'd but it makes my day when I do get asked, clearly they need glasses to realise I'm 32 and not under 21, but I'll get my driving license out at the drop of a hat if I think someone is questioning if I'm old enough. :dance: xx

i had to ask my OH and son the other day if im 35 or 36 even if i look young i dont feel it and i cant remember my age lol

at 31 i was in tesco;s with my mum asking for ciggies and the woman asked for id.my mum and i both said at the same time im 31 then my mum was nearly pissing herself laughing at the old bag behind the till.the woman was so embarrassed she quickly gave me the ciggies.

lol! I don't often get ID'd but it makes my day when I do get asked, clearly they need glasses to realise I'm 32 and not under 21, but I'll get my driving license out at the drop of a hat if I think someone is questioning if I'm old enough. :dance: xx

I'm sure they do need glasses sometimes! I'm 20 so am used to getting id'd for alcohol or anything 18+... But went to the shop a couple of weeks ago to get lemsip for my brother and they asked me for id to prove i was 16+!!!! I had to laugh, my car was parked outside, i had my work uniform on and i was buying bread, milk & the lemsip. Honestly. stupid thing was i didn't have my bloody ID the guy just gave in eventually after me getting rather hormonal and insisting if i had to drive all the way home and back for this flipping lemsip i wouldn't be best pleased XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back