Yeh made it to tri 3....

topbird

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

27 weeks OMG!! Time to start thinking about getting my head out of the sand... yes I have got a baby in my tummy which needs to come out some how and no a stork is not going to leave my baby under a bush in the garden on 29th July!

Had a bit of a rubbish week.

Got myself in a state on Monday as I convinced myself the baby had stopped moving so went into the day unit on Tuesday morning and had a monitor put on, everything was fine. Midwife on duty was brilliant and she just left us hooked up for about 15 minutes so we could here the baby's heartbeat and everytime it moved too...

Found out I am some how anaemic, despite a very healthy diet that includes huge quantities of fortified cereals, more spinach than popeye (we grow it in vast quantities on the allotment), not to mention all the other green veg and red meat I eat! So I am on iron tablets :cry: an IBS sufferers worst nightmare!!

Then I did my back in..... had 2 days off work. Think it was a combination of 2 days of meetings, i.e. sitting down all day! and the way the baby was lying as I could not do anything on Thursday and Friday - sitting, standing lying, walking all had me in tears of pain. We are off on holiday tomorrow and I really thought I would not be able to go. Today woke up right as rain, no problems what so ever...

Oh yes and to top it off a girl I work with had her baby last week and called it our first choice of names - Ben Edward... is a total coincidence as we never discussed names so I am not cross with her, just back to the drawing board for us!!

Anyway... I'll shut up now... OK if I join you by the way?? :D

welcome to tri 3... sorry u had a poo week, hope this weeks better 4u :hug:

hi hun, doeant time fly. i know what you mean about pulling ur head out of the sand :hug:

Yay topbird, so pleased to see you here!

So sorry to hear about your cr*ppy week - and I'd be feeling a bit down if I was you too. I'm really gutted to hear that someone stole your fav name and I totally understand why you feel you can't use it now.

Are you feeling any better today? Your back pain sounds horrendous. Where are you off to on holiday? My baby is very very quiet and it really makes me worry sometimes so I completly understand your concern. If I didn't have another scan today I might have been doing the same myself re. monitoring. That sucks about your anemia/IBS too. I really hope that things pick up for you soon.

I need to get my OH's head out of the sand - under 12 weeks to go and I'm annoyed with him - he needs to show more interest in getting ready for the baby and the birth - but that's a story for my diary, not here - sorry!

P.S. You didn't bring cakes! Gutted!

P.P.S. Welcome to tri 3 - the home straight!

Valentine xxx

valentine said:
P.S. You didn't bring cakes! Gutted!

P.P.S. Welcome to tri 3 - the home straight!

Valentine xxx

so glad i bought cakes.. here have some from me then instead lol...thought this was quite aprropiate (sp) and yes it is a cake lol

found it on a website who makes special cakes... plenty to go around :hug:

harpercollins.jpg

Hi TopBird!

Yay. :cheer: Welcome to 3rd Tri! :D Where have you been hiding lately?

Sorry you have had a rough week. Does sound a little as though you could do with a break or at least a few days with your feet up. Good job you have the holiday to look forward to. Where are you off to?

Anaemia - yes tell me about it. Iron tablets have an "interesting" effect on the digestion to say the least. :( But hopefully for you they will do the job and top up your, already healthy, diet.

Shame about your first choice names being used. I had this with my son when my cousin had her baby 4 months before me and named him "Benjamin". :( I hope you find another favourite soon. :)

Welcome again, don't worry about the cakes, gotta watch my figure ;) LOL

Sabrina
x

Hi

Glad you finally made it here!!
Hope you have a better week this week and have a good holiday
Katrina

Hello topbird :wave:

Welcome to Tri3, have a beautiful mester :hug:

Sorry about the naming issue, but I would say name your LO what you want to, there'll always be someone with the name, well mostly always :hug:

hi topbird, glad your finally joinin us over here :D :hug:

sorry you had a crap week, hope your holiday relaxs you and gets you feelin better again :hug:

enjoy the final stretch it seems to go so fast :D

Hi everyone

wow I have some catching up to do!! Just got back from our holiday. We went up to Derbyshire for 4 days. Rented a lovely converted barn on a farm, very peaceful and relaxing. Did loads of pottering about the little cute towns, small amount of walking, went to Chatsworth one day which was excellent.
Best of all our house had a hot tub in the garden, which helped no end with my back ache, so am feeling refreshed and pain free again!! :dance:

Sorry I didn't bring cakes :oops:

Have got over the name thing now, was just such a shocker - out of all the names there are for someone to choose the exact same combination as we had been hoping to use. But we think we have an alternative sorted now.....is a secret though :shhh:

Iron tablets do officially suck it is official. But they do seem to have cured my jumpy legs! So there is some good I suppose!

Hope you are all doing OK - will try and plough through all of your news in the next few days!

TB x

heya topbird you're due the day before me! eek it's so scary time is flying by I can't believe it third trimester already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back