Hello Tri 3...an anxious hello :(

Sazzle84

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies in Tri 3, mind if I join you?

I honestly thought my arrival into tri 3 would signal a very happy time knowing I was on the home straight however I find myself a panicked, stressed & gibbering wreck.

I am hoping that it is just my hormones making me this mental unbalanced woman, I am normally very able to cope with let downs, bumps in the road and varying forms of adversity but today I am finding it very hard to get out of the negative mindset.

I have been promised a mass of baby stuff from my cousin and was due to go and pick it up at the midway point distance wise at the weekend (sadly my cousin lives in Dorset and I am in the North east). I have been avoiding making any baby purchases until I have got the stuff off my cousin as we don't have a lot of money and it seemed silly to buy things we were getting for free so consequently I have felt really behind in my baby prep but with light at the end of the tunnel in the form of the weekend handover of stuff...

HOWEVER...my cousin now is unable to come up at the weekend due to a minor back injury and I don't know when or if we will be able to make the journey to collect the stuff from them in Dorset as I am getting rid of my car at the beginning of August and we are moving house at the end of this month so free time (and money) is now very tight before the baby arrives.

I just feel like I am going to be a terrible mother and can't seem to pick myself up out of this stupid rut.

Firstly :hug: and welcome to Tri 3.

Dont panic as that is no good for you or the LO, these things usually have a way of sorting themselves out. Do you have any family members that you could bribe or talk nicely too to see if they could pick the stuff up for you. NE to Dorset it a way away but if you offer petrol money that might do the the trick.

Alternatively, could you investigate how much a courier might cost to pick the stuff up for you if you dont have any spare time between now and August?

xxxx

Welcome onboard!! Sorry to hear you have been feeling so down!! It is natural to have worries and anxieties in the run up to baby arriving, it is a time of great adjustment afterall!! Take each day at a time, there is no point in worrying yourself silly, it will do you nor the baby any good!! You will get all you need for your baby before he/she arrives....really you don't need too much, just start with the basics to begin with and shop around for cheap deals etc. You still have plenty of time to get the stuff from your cousin, so don't worry!
If you are feeling really down, it may be worth mentioning to your doctor or m/w? Pregnancy effects people differently, and can be much more difficult emotionally for some than others. Let us know how you are doing!! xxx

I know I am probably being just far too emotional and stuck in my own head...perhaps a courier would be a good choice. Most of the family live in the North east and aren't able to travel on my behalf to pick stuff up from dorset. Hmm...I will have to get my thinking cap on and talk it through with my hubby to see if we can find a solution. Its just adding to the stress I seem to be shouldering on the run up to moving house/getting rid of car/leaving work/starting maternity and then eventually having a baby.

Must stop this self blaming attitude and be more positive!

xxx

Dont worry hun, its so easily done to get into that kind of a thinking rut, rather than looking at the whole picute just take each individual task and tackle that one by one. Otherwise you'll feel really overwhelmed by it all xxxx

Welcome over honey. Try and stay positive. Everything will get sorted. It's a bit of a rollercoaster to say the least with all the hormones and ups and downs. It will all be ok in the end though when your little babs is in your arms. Hugs x

Thanks girls, I have been looking at the price for courier and it may be manageable which is giving me some relief! I honestly don't know what came over me when I posted, I usually deal with things so well and today I just wasn't able to think straight about the whole thing! I am definitely going to blame my hormones! I feel a bit more in control now about the baby prep, Think you are all right though, stress is no good and I will get what I need in time I am sure! xxx

welcome to tri 3 :) have a look at the delivery people Hermes, they pick up etc from the house and seems to be really good prices - im thinking of using them for some stuff i'm going to put on ebay and it'll cost me about £30 to send a very heavy and large package. Either way it still may work out cheaper than petrol money for you to drive down to the half way point.

You still have time to sort things out, so try not to worry :hugs:

haha oh dear! sorry for laughing but I think we are all going through mini panic attacks now and again!

hence why I now have a fully-finished-ready-for-baby nursery and really dont have much left to buy and still have 13weeks to go! lol

you need to start ticking things of your to do list though, to try to make sure things dont start getting on top of you. And if they do? well there is always chocolate.

welcome to Tri3 hun! xxxx

True...chocolate saves everything!

Getting the stuff sent up bu courier so panic over...I was just being stupid!

xxx

Welcom to Tri 3 hun! :D Glad you managed to get sorted :) Moving is bad at the best of times, but when you're pregnant is even worse, we did it last time, so I can sympathise :hugs: Try and chill out hun and get as many people as possible to help you move x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back