yay going to get my christmas tree

kirlykird

Reaction score
.... I'm all excited! :cheer:

We're going over to Blenheim palace estate on Sunday to get out Christmas tree.

We can choose which one we want from the estate and there's a little Winter cafe there and a christmas shop!

How exciting!!!

We also have our Christmas family fun day in our little town on that day too so will be all christmasy and exciting!

ooh and I'm helping out at the schools christmas market on Sat... I am going to be in such a festive mood!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh you posh thing, getting your tree from Blenheim palace v. posh!!! My tree is from ASDA! I'm jealous!!!

I bet you'll feel lovely and xmassy on Saturday!!! I'm gonna put our tree up on Mon night :cheer: I can't wait :cheer: (at MIL's this wkend so can't do it then!)

win't the tree be bald by christmas time if you get it too soon? :think:

will it? :shock:

I suggested that to my OH and he said that he thinks they're treated with something to stop them doing that.

Will have to look into it, don't want to get home from Sweden on the 23rd to a bald tree :shock: !

Thanks Budge :hug:

my friend got a real tree on the 1st dec and by the 21st it was bald. i went to see her and you only had to sneeze and it made the needels fall off :rotfl: central heating makes it go dry. u could pot it and keep it watered i suupose.

i saw on telly.. that u need to keep the tree outside if ur not gonna decorate it just yet..

they suggest outside in a bucket of water.. to keep it fresh!!

but i agree with budge. for a real tree.. kinda soon.. but ive only had one real tree so im not tooo sure about em

Thanks ladies for your posts, you made me research it a little bit more.

Hopefully we will still be getting it this weekend but a Nordman fir instead of a Norway Spruce.

A Norway spruce is ok if you want to keep it outside but as you said Budge if you want it sooner than one week before Christmas, expect the needles to drop off as it doesn't like heating.

However, the Nordman fir retains it's needles :D

This is the Norway spruce

norwaycut.jpg

This is the Nordman fir

nordcut.jpg

:D

:cheer: :cheer: how exciting!! will you feel better so you can enjoy it? I hope so!!! there is nothing quite like christmas tree shopping to make you feel all warm and fluffy :hug:

well I'm not doing it until Sunday so I hope so :)

I'll make myself get up and out :D

i can smell that tree from here!

enjoy your tree picking day chick :hug:

i can only have a table top xmas tree, otherwise the kids will wreck the tree like they did last year!!! :(

sarah113 said:
i can only have a table top xmas tree, otherwise the kids will wreck the tree like they did last year!!! :(

table top tree is better than no tree! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back