christmas festivities

kirlykird

Reaction score
Anyone got anything planned?

I'm trying to make Christmas a little special this year, it's the last one for Beth and Tom without Sam here in person so trying to make it all Christmassy and special and well really looking for some ideas.

Yesterday, we went to Blenheim palace estate to get our tree which was fun and decorated it together,

we go to Sweden 18th-22nd Dec

On 23rd Dec we're off to Oxford cathedral for a family crib/carol service, always liked the look of these big cathedral christmas things on tv :D

Christmas eve, there's a kids carol service at our village church so we're off there... should be great and the kids are really excited!

Don't usually go to church but I do at Christmas, makes it feel all proper :D

Anyone else got any ideas of Christmas activities and what are you all up to?

Sorry who is Sam? (Ive probably missed something somewhere, im very forgetfull!)

It sounds like a lovley family festive christmas for you then kirls, thats something I really enjoyed as a kid (as well as mums xmas shopping i.e tins of roses / quality streets, / crisps and more snaks I could every imagine pmsl) - they will love it!

Personally we dont have much planned.

Urm nothing special in the run up, just wrapping pressies. Then Last night OH asked if I was bothered about going out on the Xmas Eve on the lash (we usually go out with our mates from about 12pm till about 9pm then crash ) and I said no cause I cant drink so im not bothered, so he said ''right good cause ive told my cousins we will go out with them on the sat'', ok i said to which he replied, yeh cause if we get waisted on Sat night instead we wont want to go out xmas Eve cause we will be hung over so we can stay in together, to which I replied ''you do know im pregnant dont you'' :rotfl: so he will be getting drunk, and Ill be watching - FUN! so then Christmas eve, we will chill out together and watch telly, perhaps go up to him mums see his little sister and baby nephew since its his first xmas.

On christmas day were at my mum & dads (as were at OH's last year and mine on boxing day) and although I offered to go to his mums first till 12pm so he could see his little sisters and Jack on his first xmas he said no it was ok as sisters boyfriends are going to be there so he doesnt want to go lol. So it will me me & baz, mum & dad, pop (grandad) who there going over to fetch from liverpool & im not sure if my bro and his g/f will be there as he may be working (copper). I love my mums Xmas dinners though there the best ever ever ever in the world!! Then at 6.30pm I will drive to work for my first night shift (OH JOY)

so then the next 3 days ill be on nights and sleeping during the day!!

That was long winded wasnt it & not half as nice as yours is gonna be kirls!

:roll: Sam is my baby boy who lives in my tummy :wall:

Where have you been , check out my avatar! :D

Christmas sounds good for you too apart from the work :hug: :hug:

Ooooo well I used to be a trustee for this donkey sanctuary: http://www.donkeyrescue.org.uk/ I think they are open Christmas morning (phone to check) - it's lovely to go up as you get to see all the donkeys on Christmas day, and stroke them! Not sure which side of Oxford you are in, but if you're near the south side it might be a nice drive and trip out before lunch :D

We're having mum down for Xmas, might be having our maternity unit tour on the 27th lol, and probably hit the sales on Boxing day....

Well I'm now moving house on 23rd December so lots of unpacking. We've not got a bed in the new house so will be on an airbed for a week or so, and haven't got time to put up a tree or anything so won't feel very Christmassy.

Spending Christmas lunch/afternoon with OH family.

It's my Grandad's birthday on Boxing day & we always have a huge family get together (with takeaway for lunch!) Should be about 35 for lunch! Always fun & loads of little cousins running around.

Then 27th... SHOPPING!!!

Not got a lot planned, I'm really looking forward to next year with baby though!

kirlykird said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Blind as a Bat me - Id say I was blonde as well, but I went back to brown a few months ago :doh:

If I still feel like this I'll be spending christmas in bed :(

jennywren said:
kirlykird said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Blind as a Bat me - Id say I was blonde as well, but I went back to brown a few months ago :doh:

:roll: :rotfl: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back