To Christmas Tree or Not Christmas Tree???

Foxxi

Reaction score
That is the question!!! :D

We cant decide whether to get a christmas tree this year or not..

Every year we get a real christmas tree.. but this year, by christmas, Fynn will probably be walking.. and will no doubt pull it over.. so we really cant decide what to do! :?

Hubby just suggested we get one for the garden instead of indoors..and put it on the decking near the patio doors..so we could still see it from inside.. which I quite like the idea of!

So what do we do??

Christmas tree or no Christmas tree! :?

Im imagining a real one would be jaggy so he might be of the opinion that its something he should stay away from.
Can you secure it to the wall?

My LO's going to be 8 months... so crawing and tugging.

I think were going to get a real one and see how it goes, just a small one. Then get a nice fake one in the Jan sales ;) for next year etc.

I say get a small one.

My brother and SIL had this predicament last year with Ben. What they did was decorate an outdoor one psitioned near the window then indoors got a 3 ft tree and positioned it on a table away from sticky little fingers!

How weird, we were just talking about this. I think I'm going to buy an artificial one this year, I always have a real tree but LO will be 9 months old and so it may not be practical. Also, for some reason, last years tree made me feel sick (I think it was the smell of the water in the bottom) but that was probably enhanced due to m pregnancy. I do still love the smell of a 'real' tree though!

Christmas Treeeeeeeeee!

No question, it's not Xmas without a tree! I like the outside idea too :D

the outdoors idea sounds good, have a special plc for presents inside!

gonna fake it this yr i think, too much fuss with a real one!

cant believe xmas is on its way already!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

MMMmmmm :think: This is a really hard decision!!! :D

I think we'll maybe get one for outside.. and maybe a little one about 3ft for indoors and stick it somewhere that Fynn cant get a hold of it!!

I think I'll miss my real tree mind :( Last year we didnt bother cos we went to Lanzarote for christmas.. wish we where goin this year too :)

I have an idea :shhh: Maybe we could get rid of Fynn for christmas and get the tree :rotfl:

My OH is dreading Christmas this year! I get too excited as it is without adding the excitement of Angel's 1st! I'd cry if i didn't have a tree though! Although i only do fake ones, as i put it up the 1st weekend of December!

Matilda was 7months at xmas last year and was crawling but didnt show the slightest bit of interest in the tree!!!!!! not even the lights :roll:

I think you should have a tree cause if you go round anyone elses house and they have trees the littluns are gonna be more inquisitive as it's something 'new', if you know what i mean

tuck said:
Matilda was 7months at xmas last year and was crawling but didnt show the slightest bit of interest in the tree!!!!!! not even the lights :roll:

I think you should have a tree cause if you go round anyone elses house and they have trees the littluns are gonna be more inquisitive as it's something 'new', if you know what i mean

Good point! :think:

I think we might get one :)

This year we have space for a HUGE tree!! plus its going to be right in front of the windows so i can have loads of lights and see if from the street!

last year, we had a mini tree that was on the table. We didn't have the space for a big tree.

I recon you should get one of each, and inside and outside tree!! :wink: :lol: get a big one for outside and a small one for inside - you could put it on a table out of reach then... maybe...

All we have is a tree, i dont put any other type of decoration up at all but god knows where its going to go this year as we will have all the baby stuff in the house :?
We may have to paint one on the wall :lol:

aww you have to have a tree!its not christmas without a tree!sure you will spend a lot of the time putting baubles back on but hey thats the fun of it as long as they arent glass baubles who cares really.when kiara was small i tied a piece of ribbon to the trunk of the tree and secured it to the wall so even if she pulled the tree it didnt topple and we stood it on a table too. :D I LOVE CHRISTMAS i always go OTT :rotfl: my birthdays december too so a good month for me

I had this problem last yr because Hayden had been walking for 5 months and he liked running into stuff..
i got a 4.5 foot tree and put it in the corner up on my coffee table, I explained to him what it was and that he must not touch it..he wanted to touch it a couple of times but i just kept explaining that we don't tocuh it...after a week he was used to to it and left it alone! I think it will be ok just get a small fake one..and just be vigilant! which isn't a problem as we are all naturally extra vigilant with a crwling baby around anyway!!!

christmas tree definately!! kayla is walking and is totally into everything but im still havin a tree i have got an artificial one with lights already built in so if she does mess then its just a case of putting the lil ornaments and balls bk on but if ya get em used to it from this age it better! but then again im a firm believer in not movin all your valuables and ornaments from your living rooms just because your child is becoming more inquisitive! kayla knows that if i say no messing or move away that she aint allowed near it!

xxx

Oh, You girls have made the decision for me!!! :D

Christmas tree it is then!!! :D

Kimmumof2.. Im exactly the same, I refuse to move anything away from Fynn and keep repeating the word 'no' to him.. he is just starting to get the jist of the word now!

ooo... something i thought of at work today (yes, i sit and think about posts i read on the forum when im at work :lol: ). We where worried about if alice did get to the tree, would she hurt herself on the lights if they where plugged in - so we got battery powered ones! less worry about her seriously hurting herself!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back