Would you use second hand cot bedding?

Brooksy

Reaction score
Hi

Quick question as I can't find much about it on the web. We bought a load of stuff from a friend at work, and one of the things was a cot bed, with cot mattress and bedding such as waterproof and cotton fitted sheets. Obviously we are buying a new mattress, but I wasn't sure what the thoughts are on cot bedding? Given they can be washed I would assume they are ok, but just thought I would double check?

I haven't heard anything negative about bedding - I'd use it. It's the things you can't wash/clean properly you need to be more concerned with I would think. Xx

I used second hand fitted sheets and blankets that my sister gave me and had no problem. Same with second hand clothes. Just gave them all a wash before using it but then I washed all my daughters stuff before she was born, new and second hand x

Would be no doff to 2nd hand clothes hun.

Soon as uve washed them in the fabric cleaner u want itll be good as new :) x

Iv brought a crib of a friend and i'm just buying a new mattress x

It's always recommended to use a new mattress for each baby. But I'd imagine sheets and clothes to be fine if washed before use :)

I also wouldn't have an issue with second hand bedding, so long as the mattress is new.

I wouldn't buy it from
A charity shop but from
Someone I know? Sure!

I think if you want any new bedding, you tend to end up buying some more once baby is here and then you'll figure along everything else it's expensive enough as it is so it's nice to keep some spare too!

Yeah definitely, I bought a 2nd hand Snuzpod from ebay and it came with sheets etc. My mum's washed them in non-bio for me and they're like brand new x

I've got tonnes of second hand bedding, especially for the Moses basket. I did buy new for the cot though once baby was here and we knew he was a boy just because his room was all cream so wanted a bit of colour in there!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back