Would you call this AF??

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just a quick one.

I had some spotting the other day, only once during the day then the following day it was very dark brown which indicated to me that it was old blood, I know sometimes I get irregular bleeding during my cycle but it's continued and I BDed last night and had a bit of blood before, pinky cm after and today I've had a small patch of blood on a pad (put one on just in case!) and just streaky ewcm.

I told DH we'll keep an eye on it and try a test in a few days cos a friend of mine mentioned implantation - just so happens the timing of the spotting is perfect for IB as I had sharp pains on my left side about a week beforehand! So we'll try a test but if BFN then I'm considering just calling the X-ray department and telling them AF's been so they can book my HSG....Only thing is, would we be able to get in on time? As they were so strict about it being before CD10. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm...

I'm not feeling hopeful about it being pregnancy by the way, definitely got my cycnical hat glued on at the mo.

x

I would test and make absolutely sure you're not pregnant before booking your hsg. Do a digi maybe? It would be amazing if this was your BFP, I know you're not getting excited but I am! Sounds promising. Good luck hun xxx

Payday isn't til next week but I've got a bunch of cheapies til then.

Should have mentioned that I *have* had nausea and lightheadedness as well but assumed it was down to the fact I've changed my diet and been exercising more to get my body ready for baby.

With the spotting, I've had no AF cramps - the last couple of AF's I've had have been bloody painful.

x x

I'm not being rude Miss J, but as you know it is very unlikely that you even OV with such long cycles, it seems to me that Hubby doesn't understand that, really the prority should be your health and mid cycle spotting is not a good thing nor are long irregular cycles.

Get that HoyCosy booked and get sorted, don't wait around...

xx

Hun i had that, its probably low progesterone. Its not normall really, MAKE your husband phone the consultant and do something about it!

sent from my Galaxy s2

It's not implantation bleeding MissJ - too heavy. I'd get the hycosy booked for 10 days time and no sex until then ;)

If your worried hun then maybe give it a week if you get a bfn then book in your hycosy for as soon as possible xxxx

Maybe - Not being rude at all, I know that and even if it doesn't sound it, DH knows it as well, if I think he's getting carried away, I always remind him how highly unlikely it is... It doesn't mean we can't indulge in wishful thinking! Doing the tests would be partly for our own peace of mind and partly so when we do ring the department, we can say we've got negative tests to back it up. x

Knopk - I've had my progesterone tested a few times and been told it's normal every time. :think: x

Lou - I told DH to give them a call at the end of the week at least cos I've been bleeding for a few days now so maybe we could call it a light AF? x

Vicky - Ta hun, that's basically my plan.. Test in a few days, if nada then ring the consultant up and see what happens. x

Honestly girls, neither me or my DH are excited at the spotting/nausea so please don't think I'm sat here thinking I'm pregnant. :rolleyes:

We both want the HSG done asap but seeing as the consultant already refused us when we first went in, we both think it's unlikely he'll see us til next cycle as that's what he told the radiologist. But we'll call at the end of the week and explain the situation.

x x

Last edited:
Missj; how did they test your progesterone?. It cant be normal on day 21 hun with your cycles.
Did you get day 2-3 progesterone done?
Dont think i am being negative, its just you sound exactly what i had.
I got pg 2 times, only have my boy cause of the progesterone.
sent from my Galaxy s2

I've had bloods done in the beginning, middle and later parts of my cycle. I had them done before I got married as well and all normal.

My LH, FSH, prolactin etc was all normal too.

x

Do you know exact CD and progestetone results? Or did they just tell you?
sent from my Galaxy s2

CD6 was when I had the most recent ones done. Can't remember the other ones though. They didn't tell me the levels, just that my levels were fine and normal. I did ask for a printout but didn't get one. x x

If you have any doubt at all I'd hold off...maybe see if AF turns up properly in the next few days

Actually...when I booked my HSG it was 9 days after I booked it as they wanted to do it after my bleeding had stopped so if they do the same you'd know by then and could cancel it if need be...

CD6 was when I had the most recent ones done. Can't remember the other ones though. They didn't tell me the levels, just that my levels were fine and normal. I did ask for a printout but didn't get one. x x
Well progesterone at day 6 doesnt tell anything about lutheal phase. And GPs dont know how to read results. I would double check if I were you.

Well progesterone at day 6 doesnt tell anything about lutheal phase. And GPs dont know how to read results. I would double check if I were you.

have to agree, my gp didnt even know that they needed to be done right between ov and the next af ie 7dpo. :wall2:

I think wait till Friday and test... If it was implantation then hcg should show up by then, and if bfn get that HSG booked!! It's a win win situation hehe. Xxx

I'd phone them ASAP MissJ.You get a BFP, you can cancel. If you get a BFN it might be too short notice to fit you in and you're back to square one.

Thanks girls, all advice is taken on board. xx

What we'll probably do is ring the consultant, explain the bleeding and see what they say. About the blood results, we'll get them again from the consultant when we have our next appointment so I'm sure he will discuss it in more detail with us anyway. :thumbup:

We've also got the mobile number for the radiologist who will be doing my HSG, so if we get the go-ahead from the consultant, we'll just call her straight away.

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back