Stupid Question - what is CD1? And internal scan whilst on period

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I need to have a blood test on CD2 and am currently spotting as I normally do...

The leaflet says to class the first full day of bleeding as CD1.

So if my period begins properly this afternoon do I still count tomorrow as CD1?

Also I am due to have an internal between CD2 and CD5 - I need to call the day my period starts? I guess I need to decide what is CD1 before I can call?

Finally, I will be bleeding during the internal - I am really heavy on days 3 and 4 so am a bit apprehensive if I have a scan on one of those days? The leaflet says the scan will take place during menstruation so I know the Dr will be OK but I am worried about myself.

I have had lots of internals but never whilst bleeding heavily?

Feeling like shit today ladies - am so fed up with this TTC bullshit!!! Just want to give up today

xxxxxxxxxxx

I was told that if you wake up spotting/bleeding that you count it as cd 1 :)

I can totally understand not wanting the doctor to see you having your period, me and hubby don't even have sex around that time because i find it inappropriate but i know that some couples feel comfortable about it.

Just take some wet wipes and clean yourself up as best as possible before the procedure and afterwards and hopefully you'll feel as confident as possible xx

Thanks Louise.

It is still really light spotting (only when I wipe) so I am probbaly not going to count today to be honest?

Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow to my proper AF :)

xxxxxxxxx

Don't give up Hon that is the next step forward in your TTC journey.

If spotting starts today then i agree with Lousie that CD1 would be today.

Good luck with booking the scan and let us know how it goes.

Sending you hugs.

Love Gizzy xxx

Don't give up Hon that is the next step forward in your TTC journey.

If spotting starts today then i agree with Lousie that CD1 would be today.

Good luck with booking the scan and let us know how it goes.

Sending you hugs.

Love Gizzy xxx

Thanks Gizzy - just having one of those days I guess!

So I should count today even if it is super light spotting?

As I say leaflest specifically says first full day of bleeding is CD1?? (first full day is underlined and everything LOL!)

xxxxxxxx

I think you do. If you are like me then you get spotting then within a few hours and by the end of the day it will be full flow. If you are really worried then give them a call to see what they would count as first full day. I can see what you mean by First full day hon and why it can be confusing. I would call them.

You are entitled to have bad days hon this whole TTC is draining and exhausting. Plus it bloody Monday morning as well.

Let see what some of the other girls say.

Love Gizz xxx

I think you do. If you are like me then you get spotting then within a few hours and by the end of the day it will be full flow. If you are really worried then give them a call to see what they would count as first full day. I can see what you mean by First full day hon and why it can be confusing. I would call them.

You are entitled to have bad days hon this whole TTC is draining and exhausting. Plus it bloody Monday morning as well.

Let see what some of the other girls say.

Love Gizz xxx

Thanks again Gizzy - I feel truly and utterly hopeless today.

I'll see how things progress with AF? If it does go into the normal flow by this afternoon i'll reasses

The thing is there is no number to call, I just got a leaflet with instructions and have to go to the walk in blood clinic at the hospital?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I would see how it goes today and if it gets heavier then count that at CD1. Can you ring and ask your GP?? If you have to have it done on CD2 then ask them tomorrow what they think at the hospital, you can always go back again if they think you have come in too early? I know it is a nuisance, but I am sure your Gp will fill out another form for you.

I am sorry you feel so bad today. I am sending you big hugs. It might be as well as you have got your AF. I hope today gets better for you. You are certainly not hopeless hon.

Love Gizzy xxx

I feel so stupid Gizzy,

Do I call my GP or the recurrent miscarriage clinic to ask?

The place you go for blood tests is just a walk in centre (you take a number and wait your turn, last time I had 14 vials taken in full view of the people after me!!)) so I am not too sure about asking the nurse there if I am in the correct CD?

I have a number to call to book my scan so I may just ring and ask them?

xxxxxxxxx

Hi Carnat, i would call the scan number and see what they say, I bet they get asked a lot. My Dr said it has to be full flow for CD1, but if it gets heavier this afternoon I would definitely count it! Good luck, and don't feel stupid as it has to be done right so its better to ask xxx

If you have the number for the scan than forget GP I would call the clinic or hospital where you are having the scan. They will know best as they are doing it. I would not want to ask that either in front of other people. (your local walk in blood test centre sounds like mine!!!)I am hoping that AF gets a bit heavier today so you dont have to worry and you know it is CD1. It is a nightmare isn't it trying to work out when it best to do these tests. When i had my hycosy it had to be done between days 7-15 but they could not fit me in until day 15 and I was stressing that it was the last day ect etc. nothing ever bloody simple.

Let us know what the scan centre say.

Love Gizzy xxx

Hey carnat, I agree with the other girls, call up and ask if you can. Remember its the time of the month and if you're anything like me then you'll be feeling at your absolute worst today but it will pass and you'll be back in good spirits in a day or so. And as gizzy says its a Monday morning, not the cheeriest time of day! I was very down a few weeks ago, it was the day before AF, you may remember my ranting post where I said I couldn't do this anymore etc etc. I felt like utter shite. Then by the next afternoon I was back to my old self again. You'll be fine. Massive hugs xxxx

Hi hon, did you get this sorted out today? I hope so. Inknow you have had a shitty day but I hope it got better for you

Love gizzy xxxx

Thanks ladies - I am feeling much better today!

Well yesterday def wasn't CD1. I had nothing more at all between Midday yesterday and this morning?

Now I am struggling as to whether today is CD1 (ha ha!) as it's still not proper AF. It's just a little old blood (sorry TMI)

I didn't speak to anyone yesterday as the number for the scan is just a VM to book an appointment?

I have decided I will call up and leave my details for the scan this afternoon and will hopefully be clearer then if my damn period is actually here or not?

Blood test is just a walk-in so that is fine I can go tomorrow or Thursday before work when I decide what the Hell is CD1?

I am being blood tested for Thyroid, FHS / LH and something else I couldn't read?

Are they checking me for PCOS and checking that I have ov'd??

Last edited:
My bloods were done on cd3 and I got FSH and LH done. Then they tested my pogesterone on cd21 which is 7 days past ovulation. What the doctor explained to me was that LH and FSH can tell you whether you have PCOS although you will need a scan to properly diagnose this and the 21 day shows whether you have ovulated. I am sure they can also see a lot more from the tests but that is the basics.

I am glad you are feeling better today! That is good to hear.

Let us know how it goes xxx

Love gizzy xxx

My bloods were done on cd3 and I got FSH and LH done. Then they tested my pogesterone on cd21 which is 7 days past ovulation. What the doctor explained to me was that LH and FSH can tell you whether you have PCOS although you will need a scan to properly diagnose this and the 21 day shows whether you have ovulated. I am sure they can also see a lot more from the tests but that is the basics.

I am glad you are feeling better today! That is good to hear.

Let us know how it goes xxx

Love gizzy xxx

Well still no AF, just a smidge of old blood so I am still waiting for that elusive CD1 :)

Odd as I was told the scan would show indication of PCOS but the bloods would confirm it?

They never mentioned CD21 bloods either?

xxxxxxxxxx

Perhaps i got it around the wrong way but either way the blood tests (particulary the CD3) and scan will jointly tell you have PCOS. Also ask for a AMH Level blood test as that is also a good indicator (or not) of PCOS.

Yes I just got back from my second referal and the Doctor confirmed to me that I need my CD3 and CD21 blood tests done again. When i asked her about the 21 day (or 7PO) that is the one that shows whether you have ovulated or not. I would ask your GP for it. I am sure the other girls on here will say they had CD3 blood tests and CD21 or 7DPO bloods tests.

Just ask when you go. You are only right at the start of you cycle so it is not too late to go back and get your GP to do a slip if you have never had the 21 day bloods done.

Sorry that your AF is messing you around. I would see how you go tomorrow. How many DPO are you now??? :)

Gizzy xxx

Thanks Gizzy - as I have been pregnant 3 times and showed clear signs of Ovulation is my last scan I am not sure if they even need to do my CD21 bloods?

They haven't requested those.

All I have on my form is Thyroid, FSH/LH and something hadwritten that I just cannot read? I guess if I need more bloods I'll find out when I go back on 2nd March...

Still not AF, I am actualy die today (if I base it on a 30 day cycle) but not a hint... I spotted for 48 hours, then nowt since yesterday morning!

Trust my body to start playing silly buggars?

I was so depressed to be out this month but though at least period is early so I can sort out blood test and scan and get cracking with TTC in Feb but no my body has other ideas.

xxxxxxxxxx

ohh how frustrating hun, the witch played games with me this month to she came 3 days late ... hope she turns up soon for you xxx

ohh how frustrating hun, the witch played games with me this month to she came 3 days late ... hope she turns up soon for you xxx

Thanks hun!

It's not unheard of for me to be late (many moons ago before I went on the pill I vaguley recall I had a 30 - 33 day cycle) but my recent cycles have all been 28-30 days.

As I have been showing signs of AF for 72 hours it is very unusual not to have my period by now?

I think it's because I am stressing out about it all so much - catch22 hey!

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back