would u let ur children call you by your name!!??

rhian85

Reaction score
okay i was talking to a friend from college who has a three year old daughter....she was telling me that she has taught her daughter to call her by her name and not mummy :shock: :shock:

she said she believes in the '"modern" approach to parenting and in terms of that she believes her daughter should use her real name!! i have also heard of other parents doing this but i would never let Christopher call me Rhian and he will always call me mummy and daddy , daddy..i think its more respectfull how about u lot ??

No way!
I love that Dan calls me mumma, it melts my heart!!

Kieron has called me mary from the day he could talk and it has never bothered me, hannah calls me mummy

I cant wait for Callum to call me mummy

I wouldnt want him to call me Sarah :shock:

I dont have any children yet but i think when i do have ill want them to call me mummy and there dad daddy i think that sounds much better but i guess people bring there own children up the way they are happy to.

Hmmff - I cerainly wont let either of my two call me Sarah, im mummy to stephen and mama to imogen. The day they call me Sarah there both in trouble! :)
Stephen has copied tommo when hes calling me Sarah and i dont mind that because hes just being a wally, but what do the kids get from calling their parents their real names?

I think my kids addressing me as mummy sets me back from other people in his life.And its respectful too.

Kieron just copied what everyone else called me and we could never get him to say mummy so i just got used to it but i love hannah calling me mummy

I like aaron to call me mum or mummy. But sometimes he calls me Ally cos Chris does and then I just refuse to answer him until he calls me mum :lol:

mrs_tommo22 said:
Hmmff - I cerainly wont let either of my two call me Sarah, im mummy to stephen and mama to imogen. The day they call me Sarah there both in trouble! :)
Stephen has copied tommo when hes calling me Sarah and i dont mind that because hes just being a wally, but what do the kids get from calling their parents their real names?

I think my kids addressing me as mummy sets me back from other people in his life.And its respectful too.

very good answer..and i aree with ur everyword...i was fairly shocked when she told me this as she is very very respectable woman. id never dream of letting Christopher call us anything other than mummy/daddy or his grandparents granny/grandad for example.

When me and my OH talk to each other in front of Angel we refer each other to Mummy and Daddy. I just wanna get in the habit for when she starts talking.
My eldest nephew varies as we call my sister by her 1st name, so sometime he calls her Linz or Lindsey. But alot of the time he calls her mum. When we were younger we used to call Dad, Nick. But my older sister called him that then told us off for calling him Dad, so we copied! Lol. Grew out of it pretty quick. It was just a phase.
I much prefer Mum and Dad. I call my parents that and i'd want my daughter to aswell. I'm hoping Mummy will be her 1st word! (Even though i know it won't be)

We had this problem with J the other month...He started calling his nannan and grandad by there names and he was told that was fine by them, but then he started calling OH and his mother by there names too, which they arent happy with (and i wouldnt be either tbh). OH's parents thought J should call everyone by their names 'so he wont get confused with what everyone else says :? ' But i think now he is calling them all by there 'title' now lol

I call my mum by her first name...Jill.... but only when I've lost her in a shop!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I would hate for my boys to call me by my name, it would feel wrong. OH and I call each other mummy and daddy in front of them, its habit now

I had a friend when I was little who called his parents by their first names and I thought it was so wierd!!!

Now I work for my parents and I have to call them by theirs at work but sometimes I slip up and call them Mom and Dad infront of the customers! :roll:

seren calls us both mum/dad or by our first names. She hears us call eachother by our real names so will use them too. TBH it wouldn't be a major deal for me, as long as she understands I am the parent. We don't make a big dealout of it. I don't understand the respectable bit :?

it'll be mummy & daddy for us, but not for respect reasons - i hope that we'll gain respect with far more than just a name :) :) i went through a phase of calling my dad by his first name, and i called my maternal grandparents by their first names too. connor will be calling my dad by his first name at my dad's request. so i voted mummy & daddy but only cos its our choice - i don't really care either way when it comes to other people :wink: :D :D

I will always be "Maaaam" to Arianna and Brian will always be Daddy!

I would hate to be called anything else!

We call each other Mummy and Daddy in front of her

I called my Mam by her first name and called my Nana ... Mam :lol: until I was about 7. I was just used to hearing everyone called my Nana Mam and my Mam by her name as we lived with my Nana. Wasn't about respect :?

I would hope Jack calls me Mam but if not it's not a massive deal.

I wouldn't be happy if George started calling me Emma or Sam did.

I love being Mum :D

It annoys me when they call you 'Miss' after spending all day at school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back