How would you deal with this situation?

becks20

Reaction score
I dunno if iv put this in right place but anyways.

I just went to pick my daughter up from nursery and it was raining so i was telling her to hurry up so we didnt get so wet, so she decided she would walk right on the kerb by a main road so i asked her to move away and hold my hand to which i got "no" so i grabbed her arm and moved her to the other side of the path as soon as i let go she ran straight back and she wouldnt hold my hand so i held her arm and she was pulling to get off me and then started a screaming fit (and im sure you mums with girls you no how much they can scream and how loud) she was saying to let go and that i was hurting her so i told her to stop pulling and walk so we could get home, but noooo ALLLLLLL the way home she was screaming at the top of her lung and pulling away from me as if i was kidnapping her everyone was looking at me and i was waiting for a police car to stop me. I told her she wouldnt see peppa pig at weekend and she said "i dont want to see peppa pig anyway" when we got home in the corridor she was screaming so now im waiting to get someone knock and say can i sort my kid out. I could even get evicted with the way she always screams when she dont get her own way.

But now im thinking i prob didnt handle the situation well but how else was i meant to deal with it? I just dont know anymore i really wish she didnt do what she does and i dont want it rubbing off on the baby when hes born. :( x

Last edited:
If Sam won't hold my hand and walk with me if we're near a road or in a cap park I pick him up and carry him (usually wriggling and screaming under my arm) - he usually tells me he wants to walk and that he'll hold my hand to get me to put him down again, but as soon as I do he tries to run off so he now gets no choice. If people are looking just let them - you're only keeping her safe. As long as you're consistent and don't let her get her way when she scrwams she'll eventually learn that when you say no it means no - but just giving in once makes them try even harder as they think there's a chance. Stay calm, ignore the screaming as much as you can and don't give in - and lots of praise and attention (a bit of gentle bribery if you need it :lol:) for good behaviour. Sometimres even negative attention is good enough for them, so it's often best not to give any at all when they're acting up.

Hope things improve for you soon :hug:

(I know she's a bit older than a toddler but I'll move this to the baby and toddler section as you'll probably get more advice there - this bit is more for people expecting babies to ask those who are already mums what to expect :)

I do the same ^^^ if he won't walk safely and properly, he gets picked up. Eventually he'll walk properly (eg: not next to the road or whatever) so that he can walk again xxx

Thank you :) i think she knows how much she had annoyed me by screaming and not doing as shes told. i turned her tv off and kept it turned off for about 3hours until she said sorry for earlier so i think shes getting used to consiquences now. My mum lets her get away with everything but at the same time Bella doesnt do the same things with my mum, she usually holds her hand and is good for her, but i suppose its because my mum spoils her which i tell her not to x

I don't think you could have changed anything hun :( these little girls can test us :wall2:

Suppose Im lucky to be having a boy this time around lol Iv warned her today that she must hold my hand on way to school and on way home or ill take her tv out of her room for good so she said ok so lets hope today when i pick her up goes well lol
:) thanks ladies, i just really felt like maybe i was being a horrible mum when people was looking it was asif they had never seen a kid in a tantrum before x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back