Woman or man on top -- We wanna know!

margaret

Reaction score
I started a thread in TTC area asking you ladies who are pregnant or have been pregnant what you really know about the idea that woman-on-top doesn't work for conception.

I'd so appreciate your stopping by the TTC area to give us your thoughts and experiences! Thanks!

Hi girls,

I've wondered this myself, some books i've read say, "for better chances of concieving the man should be on top", probably put more elequently than that but that was the general gist. Just how powerful are his little swimmers, we wanna know, lol :lol:

Bev x x

Well......we concieved with me on top!!!!.........and I went straight to the toilet afterwards!!!!!!
I remember it as we only bd twice that month!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get on top girls!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Luck! xxx

Thank you Sam! TMI, but on top is my favourite position!

Congrats to you!

it was the other way for us... him on top... and i never ran the loo this time.... I don't think it matters thou! i think every person has a different story/position... the only thing i would recomend is to know when your ovulating!!! and BD before, during and after...

saying that i ovulated day 11 of my cycle but after my first scan i found out i'd actually conceived on day 7 of my cycle... weird i know! i knew i ovulated early in my 27 day cycle but i thought it was aound day 11....(instead of the typical 14 days before AF)

good luck

x

I fell pg whilst on holiday in the summer and had visited my GP beforehand to start the ball rolling in getting tested as had been ttc for 14 months with no luck. I have used my EDD to work out the day that we conceived our little bean and it's day 17 - I have detected that I ovulate on day 18 so we were pretty much bang on :D

DH was on top and I layed still for about 20 minutes afterwards reading my mag - can remember it vividly, Dh was frisky and I really couldn't be bothered but felt mean about all the other times that I had tortured him when it was 'the time' so I got on with it - and boy am I glad that I did :wink:

Xxx

Hello!

We conceived with him on top, you are supposed to tilt your pelvis back when you have *finished* for a few minutes to let the sperm travel into your tubes and stay there. We did that position 3 times around ovulation and got pregnant straight away!

But everyone is different, and it may not work for some people, though you can have fun trying!!! :wink: :D

xx

hi i prefer to be on top so we went with that for 3 months no luck went 1 month with me on bottom with bum on pillow and feet on wall afterwards for 30 mins and hey presto :wink: my oh swimmers obviously very unfit and prefer to roll down hill than climb mountains lol xxx

well i too concieved on top so i don't think it really makes any difference who is on top if your fertile and its the right time and if you are lucky it will happen :D :D

They just say that man on top is better or doggy style because of deeper penetration leaving the sperm closer to it's destination.

Hi

It was niether of us on top :wink: i remember cuz of the timing we were at his great aunts.
So i dont think it really matters but hey if something worked for you go for it.
Katrina

What a funny thread :lol: We really do talk about everything :lol:

Erm as far as I remember neither was on top, I was in the 'doggy' position ( I hate that word!) , as Gemz says, closer to destination... and along came Damien lol

well i know for sure we concieved both times with him on top being a typical man he likes to be in control but i have heard from the midwife that if your fed up being pregnant and you go overdue then its best that us females are on top ( as you can guess ive been trying it but no luck so far so looks like i will definatley be getting my induction started on teh 20th if nothing changes before then)

Hey blind man's rodeo, bathroom floor or standing up ... we all sound like a bunch of sex mad humping hussy's LMAO!! ... as long as the job gets done and we are all having fun LOL!!!

Think i concived with him on top ... only cause i couldn't be bothered to move myself ... LOL!!

Gotta say though girls had a bit of a chucckle at this thread ... and sami is right ... we really do talk about everything lmao!!! :D :lol: :D

well nothing like a good girly chat is their....hehehehehe

next thread should be does size really count.....lmao

im only joking btw

LMAO!!!!

well ..... now you come to mention it ... will wait till someone else goes first lol!!!

well..................................................... lmao

my oh was my first so i havent experienced or saw any other so hes big to me...lmao (ive only seen ones on t.v) *giggles*

*Sit's there laughing* This has been a very bizzar saturday lol ... i just hope my OH NEVER comes on and reads this forum lol x

What you two like!! :lol: :lol: I've just had an afternoon snooze and that has definately woken me up! lol

Sex Mad humping hussies hey Imi. What's that like? It's been a while for me I can tell you :lol: Well, I know I conceived with him on top coz I was laying there with a couple of pillows under me backside hoping his little soldiers would slide to where they needed to be, it worked :!: :D

Ok then, does size really matter? I have to say yes and no for that. My first b/f was huuuuuuggggggggggeeeeeeeeeee :shock: and it hurt quite alot, he kinda knew what to do with it which helped I s'pose! I went out with this bloke who was so tiny I did actually use the phrase 'Is it in yet?' :oops: so I guess size did matter then :lol:

I think its everything else that goes with it, like the men ensuring we have a good time and they don't just do the business, roll over and go to sleep!

OMG can't believe I just wrote that! Oh well. :lol:

Nicki.x :D

P.S. God, I hope my hubby doesn't read this too. He'll think i'm a right tart!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back