Does anyone know you're TTC?

CupcakeMummy

Reaction score
Hi ladies. :)

I've got a year over on WTT until I can join you all properly, but wanted to ask a question if that's OK?

Did you tell anyone about your TTC plans?

DH and I don't really discuss it with anyone, mainly at my request.

We have some family members who I know would start TTC to overshadow us, and others who'd be way over excitable and always asking "are you pregnant yet??"

I also know his mum would worry the second I wasn't pregnant after a month and would discuss it with everyone (not being mean, just she really cares about us - sometimes a little too much)

I also think (for above reasons) than when we do get pregnant I'd really like to keep it quiet for as long as my bump will allow!

Anyone else feel like me?

Or am I being mean being so secretive with family and close friends?

Yes, everyone! Family, friends, work collegues, ladies on the tills at asda! I'm not great at keeping a secret lol xx

So far we haven't told anyone... but I'm trying to select a friend to tell :p I have one in mind that I think would be able to keep it secret. We simply don't want people to stress or worry or ask and prod :p When I do get pregnant (if I do) I will want to tell people quite fast I think... at least close family and friends. Some people don't want to tell others in case of mc etc, I DO want to tell others in case of mc, then I have a support system to back me through the rough patches!

Hubby has told me I can tell a few friends if I want as long as he doesn't know that they know :p

I've just told my mum, sisters and bf. Not telling his side cos they'd be too excited and I don't want anyone monitoring me. Don't think I'd lie if they asked me straight though xx

We told no one at first, but gradually it's come up and more and more people know each month. I'm glad they do to be honest as it's a relief not to have to pretend and to have people who aren't teasing yds about when we'll get around to it

Only told a couple of really close friends who are also TTC so I have someone to talk to about it.

Family stopped asking us years ago. My mum would be a nightmare so not telling her anything until we are well far along and have had a scan!

we are not telling anyone if we get our bean this time. we had told everyone the last time and it was the hardest thing ever when i had my mc. Im super crap at secrets but i want to keep quiet for as long as my big fat mouth will let me haha

Not told anyone, not going to tell anyone and will probably keep any baby secret until at least 12 weeks poss longer if bump allows. The only person I'd consider telling is my mum but I don't want her to worry about me and I like having it as mine and hubby secret.

We haven't told anyone and I don't want to just yet :)

I've told my friend, she's hoping to try too & waiting for body to get back to normal after the depo
don't want family knowing as they were not that supportive last time and after the difficult birth DH actually got told by my dad " don't you ever get my daughter in that state again" so needless to say we r gonna keep it a secret as long as we can and stick 2 fingers up to them all x

The only people know about us TTC is my sister and Oh brother.. Well there a couple aswell !! Me & Oh got them together :).. But thats about it.. If anyone asks i do say ah one day it will happen.. I dont want people to judge me saying its too soon after our baby boy died xx

I told my mum, sister and mum in law, but nobody else knew :)

I've told a few people and regret it. Think very carefully who you select :) xx

Iv told no-one.. This is my 4th child I'm TTC and even after I had my second and third child everyone gave me negativity and I just can't be doing with telling anyone and getting the stupid comments off everyone..
x

My parents and a few close friends (who won't keep asking us about it!)

I think some people at work might have an idea we might be TTC.

we've told our immediate families that we'd like to have a baby... OH's family pleased with this as apparently family is a sign of success in his culture!

however, if/when we get a BFP, hopefully will be able to keep quiet about it until the first scan! xx

I've accidentally told a girl I'm friends with through OH. She's just got BFP and asked me straight if I was on the pill and I didn't want to lie. Regret it now though cos I feel pressure to get BFP soon cos she will want us to be pg together! She isn't the most discreet person either, but then again neither am I!

It's nice that we can all share our secret on here though, isn't it?:x

i have only told a few people who i know will keep it to themselves, its hard enough without the added pressure of people asking if its happen yet, id rather just keep it to myself but thats just me my friend is in a similar situation and she tells everybody but i guess everybody is different xx

My mother is the last person I'd tell!!!:lol: The local WI and Senior Citizens club would all know about my business if I told her anything - gossips!!!:wall2:

My best mate knows and 2 close friends who are the same age wanting the same thing (one hoorah is 17 weeks now) and my boss!!!

I think anyone else (including my mother) would actually faint if they knew!!!:shock:

I don't want people constantly asking if it's happened or why we've left it so late or taking pity on us if it doesn't happen. IMHO TTC is a very very personal matter and I wouldn't dream of asking anyone else about their efforts!

everyone knew about the baby that we lost so i think everyone just knows that we will be ttc again....although i have told everyone that we are waiting a few months cos of the wedding and stuff. this time though we are only telling our mum's when we get bfp until we have had our 12 week scan. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back