why wont they leave me alone

mandii

Reaction score
Hello ladies another rant about the SIL.

I recently started talking to my mother again after 8 months of a fall out, she is ill and my stepdad works away and is only home at weekends.

Anyway after sitting in the majority of the summer awaiting visitors that never arrived, i have been going to my mums every day while hubby is at work to give her a help with my 8yr old sister and to allow her to get to know her grandson again after 8 months of no access/contact.

i put on facebook everyday i go out that im going out and will be back when hubby finishes work, i was at my mums on monday and recieved a txt from the 19yr old SIL asking if i was at home, when i replied no she bombarded me with txts that she wants to see her nephew and what was so important to me that i couldnt go home earlier than i had said.

when i didnt reply she txt her bro (my hubby) asking him to tell me to go home so she could see her nephew because apparently she was working backshift all week (found out this was a lie as she quit her job plus she wasnt working that night anyway)

when my hubby told her he wasnt telling me to go home, she erupted into abusive/nasty uncalled for txt messages claiming my hubby and i are poison, she no longer has a brother, my hubby is a terrible son and brother and i shouldnt be at my mums everyday.

Im at my wits end shes supposed to be godmother to my unborn daughter, she does nothing for anyone but herself, when she doesnt get what she wants its an actual riot and im fed up with it, its coming between me and my hubby and i dont feel that she should be able to dictate to me where i go and how long i stay out.

x

I'd tell her that when she acts like a petulant child she'll be treated like one and ignore her :)

im fed up with it, she goes off in a huff if i ask someone other than her to watch my son and the way she goes on is as if she has a legal right to see/do whatever she likes with my son x

Hello ladies another rant about the SIL.

I recently started talking to my mother again after 8 months of a fall out, she is ill and my stepdad works away and is only home at weekends.

Anyway after sitting in the majority of the summer awaiting visitors that never arrived, i have been going to my mums every day while hubby is at work to give her a help with my 8yr old sister and to allow her to get to know her grandson again after 8 months of no access/contact.

i put on facebook everyday i go out that im going out and will be back when hubby finishes work, i was at my mums on monday and recieved a txt from the 19yr old SIL asking if i was at home, when i replied no she bombarded me with txts that she wants to see her nephew and what was so important to me that i couldnt go home earlier than i had said.

when i didnt reply she txt her bro (my hubby) asking him to tell me to go home so she could see her nephew because apparently she was working backshift all week (found out this was a lie as she quit her job plus she wasnt working that night anyway)

when my hubby told her he wasnt telling me to go home, she erupted into abusive/nasty uncalled for txt messages claiming my hubby and i are poison, she no longer has a brother, my hubby is a terrible son and brother and i shouldnt be at my mums everyday.

Im at my wits end shes supposed to be godmother to my unborn daughter, she does nothing for anyone but herself, when she doesnt get what she wants its an actual riot and im fed up with it, its coming between me and my hubby and i dont feel that she should be able to dictate to me where i go and how long i stay out.

x

I don't have any advice about the general issue, but from a safety point of view you should not be advertising that you are out of your home when you go out.

Last edited:
what i write on facebook isnt the issue here, the fact my SIL is trying to control our lives is

what i write on facebook isnt the issue here, the fact my SIL is trying to control our lives is

there's no need to be like that she's just looking out for you.

id tell her what you wrote on here that she doesn't have any particular right to dictate to you what you do and where you go with your son, i had someone who i got the impression used to get jealous if anyone but them looked after Charlie but at the end of the day he's my son, i always wanted to say 'go and get your own bloody kids' to my person :)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

She has no right to tell u where u go and when u come home.. Good on your hubby for putting her straight! Just ignore her she's being an idiot and if she wants to see her nephew that bad why cause so much upset with you and hubby??x

I'd tell her straight out that if she can't be respectful, she won't be seeing ur LO at all and furthermore, u want a godmother who is responsible and mature and until she can prove she is those things, she's not being godmother either!
I wouldn't allow her to treat u that way and still let her see her nephew, she has no reason to stop acting that way if her actions have no repercussions!

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Totally agree people don't stop their behaviour without repercussions!! Trust me!!

thanks ladies, well safe to say since last monday she hasnt contacted us, my hubby went to a party on fri night that she was also attending and she walked away from him.....her own brother, my hubby stayed an hour and when he was about to leave she had the audacity to ask him what was wrong, my hubby and i have decided to either hold off on a christening like we did with our son who was christened at 8 months old, or find another godmother.

To be honest id find another godmother.. But the decision is yours.. Do you really want her to be a godparent to your child?x

Jayceesmumma has a good point! Can your SIL be a good role model for your child? My husbands mother went off on one because she didn't have much input to our wedding and tried to control us. Know the feeling all too well!

i dont want her to be godmother if im being honest but dreading the argument its going to cause, im dreading my baby shower if she decides to put in an appearance i have no choice but to invite her as both my sisters and my hubbys other sister are invited x

End of the day it's up to you (and oh) who is godparent.. Sod the rows you have valid reasons (not that u need to explain yourself to anyone) and its the godparent of your child.. It's not a novelty it's a serious thing and means something.. If you and your oh agree to ask someone else his family need to respect your decision.
But that's my opinion lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back