MIL has seriously peed me off!!!!

tuck

Reaction score
well we were sposed to be going to town today and my MIL asked if she could come, I didnt really want her to as my hubby has been working really long hours and it was a chance for us to have some 'family' time, anyway I said 'yes, thats fine'. anyway it has been torrential rain ALL day today so we decided not to go, we were sposed to leave at 4pm so when DH went to ring his mum to say we werent going I said 'why dosnt she come here for a couple of hours, see her grandadughter, so DH says this to her. Her reply was 'Oh I have to wait for your brother to come home from work (he;s 29) and then I'll ring you) I was sooooo pissed off, why does she have to wait for him?, if we'd gone out she wouldnt be waiting for him!, anyway it's now nearly 6pm and still no phone call, so she's obviously not that interested in her grandadughter!!!! but then we get grief cause she dosnt see her very often - whose friggin fault is that???? the number of times we've asked her to come round, DH picks her up and drops her home (its only 10 mins away) and she says 'oh I'm sleeping' but then wants to come round at 6ish jus when I'm getting Matilda ready for her bath and bed! Oh and we cant go round there cause my FIL is quite ill and they dont want Matilda round there (which I can understand)
sorry just wanted to moan as if I say anyfin to DH he gets annoyed

aw hun it is so difficult in mediterranean countries. They eat their evening meal so much later than we do so six oclock is sort of middle of the afternoon to them and I doubt very much that this is gonna change
Marriages with two cultures involved are difficult - ask me about it! :wall: and also the fact that you dont have your family near doesnt help. I do sympathise with the problems you have as they are all so typical of a mediterranean culture. They probably dont understand why they shoudl phone before dropping in either! Just wanted to offer hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

i know how you feel! My MIL suggests a weekend she will come and visit, its quite a way so it needs proper planning . we say ok, start planning everything around the visit, then the next time we mention it she's like 'oh well i might not be able to come, we'll have to see nearer the time' :wall: :wall: :wall: its really starting to pee me off!!!

mamichuli said:
aw hun it is so difficult in mediterranean countries. They eat their evening meal so much later than we do so six oclock is sort of middle of the afternoon to them and I doubt very much that this is gonna change
Marriages with two cultures involved are difficult - ask me about it! :wall: and also the fact that you dont have your family near doesnt help. I do sympathise with the problems you have as they are all so typical of a mediterranean culture. They probably dont understand why they shoudl phone before dropping in either! Just wanted to offer hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Yes I agree but my in-laws eat their main meal at lunch time!, what annoyed me today especially was the fact thet she would have been ready to go 'out' at 4pm but then when we said we werent going (which she'd known since the morning we might call it off if it was still raining), she was suddenly too busy to come round!, then to top it off she turned up here at nearly 6.30pm!, had got my BIL to bring her round and had the cheek to say she'd have come round earlier but had to wait for my BIL even though DH had been prepeared to go and get her at 4pm!!!
I'm sorry, just ranting now as I have only just got one very over excited and tired baby to bed when shes normally in bed by 7.30 at the latest!!!! oh well !!!!!!

My mil is always trying to come round at 7pm on weekdays. I don't know how many times we have told her that Aaron has pre school in the morning so at that time we're settling the kids! My hubby has every sunday off and she says she can't do sundays because they've got stuff to do! Both of them don't even work but they can never take an hour out of a sunday to come over! To be honest hun I'd just leave her too it. Be polite and just don't offer to go out with her or arrange times to see her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back