Where will your baby sleep?

skatty

Reaction score
I don't know what to do about having the baby in our room or settling her in her own room straight away. The nursery is right next to our room and I have a baby moniter with an alarm. Its just that I love to watch TV in bed and my dog comes in and out and I'm guessing this would be really disturbing for a baby wouldn't it?

What are you planning to do or what have you done with previous babies? If we have her in our room in a moses basket until she grows out of it will she then find it hard to be in her own room?

Thanks in advance :D

I'm planning on putting LO straight into her nursery. I'm just starting as i mean to go on!

OH thinks this is sick, but i know from experience of 3 of my nephews are still sleeping in with their parents at night thanks to them allowing it from the beginning.

Hey Skatty

I am deliberating over this too.

I think it is more for your own convenience having them in your own room especially if you are breastfeeding.

I plan to have them in with me, in the moses basket until they are sleeping for a reasonable amount of time...... (Hopefully that won't take years :rotfl: ) but I will put them down for naps in their own room and change them and feed them in there as much as possible to get them used to it.

I will be putting baby down in their own roon until the last feed and then I will take them into my room. I am hoping it will all work out but hey only time will tell.......

I have a 3 bedroomed house and all 3 rooms need decorating as ive not lived there long, but i'm only going to decorate my room and have it mine and oh's room/nursery because i don't want to spend lots of money because i may be moving again as soon as i find somewhere i like. So baby will be sleeping in the same room as us until i figure something out lol.

Hi skatty
hope you are well feeling better now

as for you question I think it's a matter of personal choice.

With my boys ethan (now 6) callum (4) I had them in our room till they went in a cot (at about 6 months) and then they had their own room, I didn't have any trouble from them when the moved rooms they seemed to settle well, and I'm doing the same with lily.

Also I wouldn't worry to much about noise we watch telly in our room and it doesn't seem to bother lily, also when she sleeps downstairs in the day we have the telly on, play music, vacumm and obviosly have 2 loud boys and it never seems to wake her either lol.

really just do what feels best for you once the baby's here.
xSuzx

iam going to put baby in his own room straight away, hun :hug:

skatty said:
I don't know what to do about having the baby in our room or settling her in her own room straight away. The nursery is right next to our room and I have a baby moniter with an alarm. Its just that I love to watch TV in bed and my dog comes in and out and I'm guessing this would be really disturbing for a baby wouldn't it?

What are you planning to do or what have you done with previous babies? If we have her in our room in a moses basket until she grows out of it will she then find it hard to be in her own room?

Thanks in advance :D

i shall do what i have done with my other three and co sleep/moses basket. then own room when i thini they are ready.

I know I'm not in third trimester yet, but I kept Damien in with me (and still is in our room in his cot) as I don't feel it right to have a baby who has just come out of you to suddenly be so detatched from you, just so you can put them in a 'routine'. I don't think it's healthy for a newborn, but that's just me! Works for some, just not me. This baby will be in with me for a good few months aswell I'm sure.

As for the TV, a newborn won't be disturbed by much, the quicker they get used to noise when they are asleep the better. If they grow up having constant silence when they are asleep, you'll end up tip-toe'ing around everywhere and getting nout done! But as for the dog, I wouldn't have them in the bedroom or any room with a baby.

Not saying any of you are wrong, it's just me!

It is recommended that you have baby stay with you for atleast 6 months due to them having that closeness when inside you for so long and if they were to be detatched so quickly and left on their own it can affect them and i know its said alot about other things but it has been said that it can have a link to cot death

Princess_Puddles said:
It is recommended that you have baby stay with you for atleast 6 months due to them having that closeness when inside you for so long and if they were to be detatched so quickly and left on their own it can affect them and i know its said alot about other things but it has been said that it can have a link to cot death

Yep, I personally agree with this. I'm setting up the cotbed in our room and will probably have baby in with us for about 3 - 6 months. It's the closeness issue and also S.I.D.S (sudden infant death syndrome) which are also my reasons. Lots of people I know have done this and have had absolutely no problems settling a baby into the nursery after this time. Also during the day the baby will probably sleep in the living room where I am, or out and about wherever I am. Thats hoping baby does actually sleep!!!! :pray: :pray:

Bev x x

I'm going to sleep the baby in our room until he/shes aboout 6 months and then in the nursery. During the day Im going to have moses basket downstairs with me for baby to sleep in.

This is because of the closeness and SIDS too. My friend had no problem getting her little girl into a routine and she didnt go into her nursery till she was about 6 months so fingers crossed itll work with mine.

xx

Hiya, i intend to have baby in moses basket downstairs during the day but when i go to bed will just put moses basket into the cot so she gets used to being in there without feeling like a pea in a bucket!!! with my eldest he used to be really sick and just laid in it without a murmur so i think its safest if they are in with you , if i had ut him in his own room i would never of heard him xx

yeah the moses basket in the cot thing is a good idea, i'm gonna do that, it gets them used to the bars.

I had Seren in with me for the first 7 + months of her life. It jsut felt right to me, and I think the same way as Sami, I just felt that she has been with me for 9 months and I didn't want to put her in her own room when she has been so used to having mummy there. I have co-slept and it never caused me any trouble. She now goes into her cot no bother, falls asleep by herself. :D

sorry for being thick.....co sleeping is when u have baby in bed with u isnt it??????

were going to have madi in our room for the first 2-3 months in her moses basket then we will put her into her nursery :D

Comes down to personal choice at the end of the day but the advice on avoiding cot death is to have them sleep in the same room with you until they are 6 months old.

Having baby sleep in the same room as you isn't quite the same as having them in the bed with you. I personally wouldn't go down that route as it can be a huge problem getting them to their own beds down the line. Friends of ours haven't had problems with their babies when they've moved to cots in their own rooms from a moses basket in the parents room. You can put them to sleep for a nap in their moses basket within the cot to help them adjust.

Isaac is 3 months old now and filling his moses basket, when he's too big for it we'll move him to his own room. I couldn't have put him in a big cot when he was a newborn, it would have swamped him.

We've only introduced a bed time routine a fortnight ago, up until then he was asleep downstairs in the evening so he's well used to background noise. It's best not to tip toe around them. If you make sure that they are put in their moses basket awake so that they learn to get themselves to sleep, noise shouldn't be a problem.

We have 4 cats and when we're in bed, the two that sleep upstairs over night come and go out of the room and it doesn't disturb him.

My little one will be in his moses basket in our room to begin with because of closeness and again SIDS (My brother died of SIDS and it freaks me out so keeping baby with me). He'll go into his own room when I feel he is ready but I will avoid the co sleeping as I think this does cause problems. As for the noise issue, I figure you dont worry about it while they are still inside you and they can hear a lot then so why worry when their out, in fact I can imagine after spending 9 months listening to the constant rattle of my heart, placenta, gurgling tummy and a million and one other external noises to have it too quiet must be really disconcerting for them. Personally I'll be stomping up and down stairs in hob nailed boots and yelling :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back