Where newborns sleep?

PamMc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering what you all do/did with your newborns regarding where they sleep at night. We have a moses basket and I was thinking that she would sleep in our room for the first few weeks but my hubby seems to think she should got into her own room with the monitor on. What have you all done?
Thanks
Pam
PS- I haven't had her yet!!!

I co-slept with DD and intend to co-sleep with this one too. We have got a Moses basket and a cot but if he's happy to sleep with us then that's what he'll do.

Each to their own, it's what you will feel better and most comfortable doing x

DD and DS were in moses basket at first then cot in are room for the dirt nine months - I felt safer that way and this new baby will be straight in a cot in are room for 9 months. They do recommend baby is in same room as u for first six months for a few reasons 1- u will be generally more aware of baby (baby monitors only tell u if they r crying) 2- blankets may be over the baby face 3- if baby stops breathing 4- baby's have heightened sense of smell and just knowing your their reduces risk of cot death - it's all precautions and just coz baby is in their own room doesn't mean any harm will come to them just personal choice x

My babies were all in Moses basket/crib/carrycot in our room til they got too big and then the cot went up in our room. I intend to do the same this time but am a bit pushed for space for a cot so il play it by ear xxx

Ella sleeps in her Moses basket in our room and if she doesn't settle then she sleeps in our bed. We'll pop her in her own room once she is sleeping through the night.

Cahal sleeps in a Moses basket next to my side of the bed, I'm definitely not ready to move him into the nursery yet though but might find I don't have much choice soon as he's getting big fast and won't fit for much longer!!

Bit of a crasher here - I'm putting a cot up in my room for baby for the first 6 months at least, someones lending me a Moses basket so will also use that. X

My SIL put both her two straight into there own room from day one, which i have to say i was relieved to here. There really isn't a lot of room in our bedroom, so we might have baby with us for a few weeks in moses basket, but then can go into their own room. Only a very thin wall between the rooms and we have monitors at the ready.

Thanks ladies- I would like to keep her with us until she's too big for Moses basket and then go to own room when she goes into the cot. I will talk to OH about it tonight as it nearly ended in a row last night!
Pam x

Hi all,

I was just wondering what you all do/did with your newborns regarding where they sleep at night. We have a moses basket and I was thinking that she would sleep in our room for the first few weeks but my hubby seems to think she should got into her own room with the monitor on. What have you all done?
Thanks
Pam

this is exactly what my DH wants to do. Straight in her own room. I'm not to keen, although we have an all singing all dancing monitor as I've never had a baby before I'm going to worry!!

Emma x

Hi all,

Thanks
Pam

this is exactly what my DH wants to do. Straight in her own room. I'm not to keen, although we have an all singing all dancing monitor as I've never had a baby before I'm going to worry!!

Emma x

Yeah, I I just feel like I want to check on her and stuff and hear her for the first few weeks. He's had kids before so is more relaxed than me but he needs to remember this is my first!!
Pam xx

we will be having noa in his mosesbasket in his cot next to our bed, i will try not to have him in bed to much during the night.
we have said that we will move him in to his own room at around 5-6 month xx

Little man's going in Moses basket in our room until he out grows it at about 4 weeks then will go in his cot in his bedroom with Lacey! We haven't got room for a cot in our room!

Our baby spent one night in our room then went into his, again with an all singing all dancing monitor :) I sleep walk and sometimes I jump out of bed really fast and we were concerned that I would hurt the baby, Ive hurt OH a few times in my sleep :blush: Baby is absolutely fine with it. He settles really well and its nice that when the baby wakes whoever doesnt do the night feed gets to sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back