when to stop evening primrose?

Carr87

Reaction score
i started taking it a few days into my cycle after having mirena removed. as this is all new iv had to assume the bleed i had after removal was AF so im now on cycle day 15. im not sure if i could possibly have ovulated on cd9 or 10 as i had what could have been ewcm and looking back at my chart my temp rose by .4 degrees, that was after a dip of .9 degrees. my temp today was up by a further .1 degrees. does this sound like an ovulation pattern? around that time is also when i had the darkest opk lines, however iv never had a strong positive line, opks are now negative. i hope this makes sense! any input much appreciated! thought id add im also having alot of creamy mucus which iv not noticed before, probably because iv never took any notice or been on bc, im unsure whether to stop taking the epo now or not?

Last edited:
Sorry didn't want to read and run so I quickly done a goodle search and the general agreement is that you start on CD1 and stop once ovulation has occured. If you are doing your temps then you might see a pattern of when you ovulate otherwise you can use opks.

Good luck x

LOL Yeah must admit iv been doing some read and runs over the last few days as been so busy, soz!

Iv just started taking EPO and i have also been told to take from CD1 until you OV then stop. FX it will work, the lady in the shop said that it does take approx 4-6 months but i have read that some ppl say it started to work as soon as they started to take it so hopefully it does! :) x

i think ill stop it now just incase i have ovulated, rather be safe than sorry. thanks girls x

LOL Yeah must admit iv been doing some read and runs over the last few days as been so busy, soz!

Iv just started taking EPO and i have also been told to take from CD1 until you OV then stop. FX it will work, the lady in the shop said that it does take approx 4-6 months but i have read that some ppl say it started to work as soon as they started to take it so hopefully it does! :) x

I noticed a difference on the first month :) xx

I'm sold already, definitely using it next month and hope I get a virgo baby xx

i dunno if im imagining it but i feel moister than normal lol

I've read on here that women get alot of CM before their BFP but everyone is different, do you know when you'll test? Very exciting....

tara1985 i havnt even thought about testing tbh..................hadnt realy wanted to think it might be possible this soon after mirena removal as im unsure if what i had was AF or some sort of withdrawel bleed. i have had a raise it temp from cd9 when i had a bit of ewcm but i didnt have brilliant results with opks, i did have my best lines around that time but it was over 5 days, they werent real posotives though, my opks are negative now, going to do one later on 2nite. im just feeling realy unwell, i have a burning sort of feeling down below and pressure sort of pain/feeling, i refuse to think i could be pg tho xxxxx

Only time will tell, if it something you really want then I hope it is your time :) The positive thing about coming off BC and not falling pregnant immediately is that you can prepare your body, at the moment I'm a health guru in training - it's only around AF do I binge but that's my right! x

I take the Epo from cd 1 till day of positive opk then stop. I got ewcm first time using epo & i never had ( Any) ewcm for many months before i started taking epo, i swear by it. Also Vit E is very good for ewcm too. Infact i posted in my journal yesterday info on epo & vit e. There is info saying that you DONT have to stop epo & its safe to take through out your cycle. I stop it after ovulation just to be safe than sorry.

Goodluck. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back