Evening Primrose Oil- Advice please.

Emily0505

Reaction score
Hello my lovely ladies,

Well after completely convincing myself I was pg, AF arrived today. :-(

I was thinking about taking EPO this month and I have done a bit of reading up and it says you should only take it up to OV and not after.

The thing is, I do not know exactly when I OV. I know EWCM can be a sign of OV, the thing is, although there are times when I have CM and times when I don't, I would never class it as EWCM as such. I am hoping that if I take the EPO it will help with this.

But as I am not 100% sure when I OV as I don't use OPKs (yet) what day should I stop taking the EPO? My cycles vary from 25-33 days. This month I got some CM from day 9 onwards. I was thinking maybe just take it up until CD 12 to be on the safe side?

Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Just realised to avoid all the waffalage, the whole of the above could be condensed to:

****if you are unsure of when you OV, what CD should you stop taking EPO?****

xx

Hi Emily

Why dont you get the Ovulation sticks so you know roughly we when ovulate each month? If you are really not sure then I would start taking them after you period for 1 week. I know I am every 25 days so i take EPO from my period right up until I ovulate around days 9/10. the ovulation packs will tell you what to do if you are not regualr as well.

if you do not want to try to Ov stick then just take it after your period for a week and few days. Sorry this is not more help.
Good luck

Gizzy xxx

Hello my lovely ladies,

Well after completely convincing myself I was pg, AF arrived today. :-(

I was thinking about taking EPO this month and I have done a bit of reading up and it says you should only take it up to OV and not after.

The thing is, I do not know exactly when I OV. I know EWCM can be a sign of OV, the thing is, although there are times when I have CM and times when I don't, I would never class it as EWCM as such. I am hoping that if I take the EPO it will help with this.

But as I am not 100% sure when I OV as I don't use OPKs (yet) what day should I stop taking the EPO? My cycles vary from 25-33 days. This month I got some CM from day 9 onwards. I was thinking maybe just take it up until CD 12 to be on the safe side?

Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Just realised to avoid all the waffalage, the whole of the above could be condensed to:

****if you are unsure of when you OV, what CD should you stop taking EPO?****

xx

I'd like to know about this too, I posted on another thread about it actually.

xxxx

Hi! Iv attached a link below that tells you about taking Evening Primrose when trying to conceive.... unfortunately it does not help in telling each of us the exact time we are OV....wouldnt that be good!

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/epo.html

When you open link scroll down.

Hope it helps answer some questions! :) x

Hi! Iv attached a link below that tells you about taking Evening Primrose when trying to conceive.... unfortunately it does not help in telling each of us the exact time we are OV....wouldnt that be good!

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/epo.html

When you open link scroll down.

Hope it helps answer some questions! :) x

Hiya,I take evening primrose oil capsuals 1000mg from cd1 & keep taking them till i get apositive opk then carry on doing so till i get a negative opk. However cause you dont use them, ( which would be a better if you did ) you can tell when you have ovulated by your cervical mucas. Around your fertility days it will be clear like jelly & stretchy, when you have entered your lutal phase after ovulation, you will have creamy cervical mucas, you should stop the epro when you see this type of cm.

You said you have a 33cd at times, which means you wont ovulate till around cd17 & 18, if you have a 25 cd, then i would say around cycle day 10 you would ovulate. Overall i would consider using ovulation tests, thats the best thing to do. You can buy loads on ebay for about £4 for 25, i would advise you to test twice a day too, as you can miss your surge, NEVER use morning wee, & test at 1 then say 7 or 8 in the evening ;) Epro is great for ewcm, i swear by this, i had none for a whole year untill i took this stuff, but you have to take the high dose of 1000mg tosee the benefit. Goodluck! :)

Thank you for all your replies ladies, I appreciate all your advice.

It sounds like if I'm going to take EPO it would be best to use OPKs too, to make sure I am only taking at the right time and not after OV- esp if there may be such variation of OV dates depending on my cycle length and as I cannot obviously tell from my CM when I OV- tbh can't says I've ever noticed it to be clear, jelly like and stretchy!

OH and I had decided to try and take the relaxed approach to ttc but I am getting impatient now! I think he is still quite up for just letting nature take it's course! I think I will have a chat with him and maybe suggest that for this month we just BD as much as poss, similar to the SMEP plan. If I don't get my BFP in Nov, then we would have been ttc for 6 months, so I will suggest then that we maybe start EPO and OPKs.

XX

If you dont see fertile mucas which is clear like a raw egg white then epro will help you produce it.
I never seen any for a whole year untill i heard about the epro from my consultant, i swear by it & get loads now. Sometimes you have to look for it, as not everyone will have loads, ( Tmi ) but if you cervic check, by feeling your cervix you can see if you do have fertile mucas that way, also by feeling your cervix is a good way to know when you have & are near to ovulation. Its soft & open & high when near ovulation & low closed & hard when you have already ovulated & if it feels like that, then you should have lotion type creamy cm too. Which is produced by progesterone hormone after ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back