When to start buying............

MrsK

Reaction score
Just wondering when I should start buying bits and pieces for the new arrival, due in November but cannot help myself looking at prams, wee clothes, etc but my hubbie says you have plenty of time yet, October is time enough for the pram. Personally I really like to be organised even if the stuff is left by in the shops. Will probably start putting something in the shopping trolley each year like baby wipes, baby shampoo, wee vestm nappies etc just so its not all panic and lots of money in one go!! x

Start now! We've been getting little bits here and there, things on sale and offers and that. We've also started a 'baby plan' with Mothercare - that way you can choose what you want and pay it off in bits - you choose when you want it all delivered and just need to pay it all off 10 days before delivery.

oh yes start buying now Mrs K, buying a pram in oct for november, makes me a little worried that it might get delivered late or missing out on the exact one you wanted, but I'm like you , like to have it all sorted and under control - enjoy your spending X

i wouldnt buy too early as youll see something else you prefer... lol buy wee bits on offer . and my advice realllly look at loadsa of prams and look at reviews and ask on here etc for advice but encourage people to tell you the bad points because someone might be put off by a pram that doesnt do something that you wouldnt use anyway iykwim and then they dont like it but it might be perfect for you... and once you pick ur pram check kiddicare,kiddisave,precious little one etc online as they all AMAZING :D my pram was 550 in our nursery store and i got it for 280 delivered EXACTLY the way you get it from the shop :D xx

I get something every week like nappies or wipes. Got most of my stuff already the only big things I need are travel system and bouncer then clothes is the last thing but waiting for winter clothes to come into the shops. At least getting things each week spreads the cost!

we have got everything and are paying each month on our pram and furniture so everything is sorted x

We got our first bit of clothing around 15 weeks, spent loads yesterday in mothercare after finding out it was a boy, With the pram id buy it alittle earlier than october, when i got my first one it took 6 weeks from when i ordered it to them getting it in the shop. Were starting to look at prams when the winter colours come in stock :)

hi im due 24th nov and me and oh put deposit on pram last week and are paying it off until end of sept when we can bring it home, we have some clothes and we bought our sterilisers/bottles etc coz it was in one big tommee tippee set on sale in babies r us, i dont think u can start to early to be honest other wise its a lot of money going out all at once xx

Will you find out whether you're team blue/pink? If you are I'd wait till the scan :)

But plain things like vests, wipes, nappies etc can be stocked up on :)

i got my pram on 16th june (day after payday :) lol ) and will be picking it up after we come back from holls in august,

i have done the same as a few above and got a little everyweek, be it from asda with the weekly shop or what ever, i rape ebay anyway but have even more and got some fantastico bargains, not because i have to, but cos i love a bargain, lol

i have got my dad decorating the nursery for us while on holiday, but baby wize we have: the pram, our cot, a changing table, changing table for my mums, cot for my mums, matress for both, 2 sleeping bags (insted of duvets etc) 2 pairs of shoes, loadsa grow bags probs about 20(or sleepsuits as there really called) a few cardi's, bibs, a steriliser from mothercare that was £100 reduced to £66 and then i had a £5 off voucher so got that for £61 :D
and to date thats it, because we are team yellow, there is only so many white & cream things i actually like, i have seen some nice lemon and pale green things, but for a november / december baby im not sure it will look ok,

hoping that when he/she is here then i can go shopping and get some coloured stuff!!

does anyone know of a checklist somewhere to make sure i havnt missed anything major by the end??!!

xxx

Will you find out whether you're team blue/pink? If you are I'd wait till the scan :)

Yes its a little girl so it will be pink, pink. pink and mini ugg boots all the way lol!!

Yes its a little girl so it will be pink, pink. pink and mini ugg boots all the way lol!!

Baby ugg boots are so cute :love:

Aww and all the shops have just re-stocked the real baby uggs :love:

I have my first scan on Tuesday and after I've found out everything is ok, I'm going to collect things that are on offer etc because i don't have a lump of money to be honest and I think it will be nice to just collect little things, and goingto buy pram and bigger things in sort of November time as I'm
due in January! X

Hey hun...its totally upto u, some mums start buying quite a bit early or gradually week by week like some mums have suggested. I did buy a few things in my last pregnancy, it didnt go well, so this time around were guna wait til my lil bubba is born :) cant wait xx

I ahve put the foot down and told the other half we will be going pram shopping in next few weeks and I will also be buying along the way each week as it will be too expensive all in one go and with the ba due in November we have Xmas to think off as well especially as our 8 year old is wanting an LCD TV from Santa we will need to own a bank!!lol

I have most things in and Im not due til Dec, we have our pram, car seat, sterliser, cotbed, dresser, cot bedding set, moses basket and stand, some clothes, we are waiting to buy baby bathset, baby bouncer and a few other things in either pink or blue but I think that you can never be to organised, I now want to start on xmas shopping dont want to have to do any in Nov at all xx

i bought stuff for our first pg and that ended in mc.... i kept it for madison and also bought more and she came fine.... i dont think buying stuff makes you lose ur baby but its def personal choice cos some people wud love buying it all in one go at the end and some need to be organised so total individual choice :D xx

I've not bought a thing yet and won't be until about 24 weeks. I'm going on a shopping trip with my mum, MIL and niece (who is so excited about the baby, bless) on August Bank Hol so the buying will commence as I know the prospective Nanny's are finding it hard to restrain theirselves at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back