buying baby stuff..

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hi, at 25 weeks would you start buying stuff or not; I feel really reluctant to buy anything at the moment as I still have like 14 weeks to go... my mum has bought a couple of things, but I am not having anything at home yet!!

Anyone bought anything at 24-25 weeks? :lol:

x

hahaa the only reason ive not bought any thing is coz im skint with just moving,

anyway i have already got cot/moses basket/ car seat/pram and about 12 outfits hahaha ive been panicing tihnking i need the money to get it boxed of! x x

you buy when u feel ready hun x

I've started to buy stuff in the last couple of weeks as I'm thinking I might not be too keen to go shopping towards the end of the pregnancy and the baby could be there early too..I've just started to register in all the parenting clubs to get freebies (asda,boots,bounty,sainsbury's etc...) and I do everything slowly ,looking for bargains and sales.So far got quite a few clothes /outfits,moses basket,I was given a bath and a newborn carseat ,will get the bed and pram after birth because you never know.. also buying everything in neutral colour ,they told me it was a girl but I don't trust them ! LOL

i buy unisex clothing only a few body suits at the mo i cannot wait to find out the sex :)

START BUYING NOW! :lol: I've not bought a thing but thats because we are soooo skint! :( If I had the money i would have started back in January! :lol:

I'm nearly done : / I like to be supa organised, I've got all the bug stuff, just the odd few little things now

I'm nearly done too lol! Got all his clothes, moses basket, crib, bedding, pram, car seat, steriliser etc.. Only things we've still to buy are crib sheets, baby bath and baby monitors. I think I've been a bit over organised :shock: His crib is up beside our bed already :rofl: (Only because there isn't anywhere else to keep it just now though)

I'm glad it's all pretty much done but at the same time I can't have fun baby shopping now!! Boooo :( Will keep picking up nappies and wipes when I see them on offer though.

It's totally up to you when you start buying things :) but I suppose there's no harm on starting now! :) You might start to become a bit more tired in third tri too?

xx

Last edited:
I needed to start buying early as i figured it will be easier financially to spread out the cost of things. I have got the pram and car seat and moses basket and got some lovely unisex sleep suits and then got some pink bits today im aiming to have all the stuff i need for the newborn by 30 weeks so i can relax and enjoy the end of my pregnancy

We were going to wait until the later stages but then the practicalities of a monthly budget kicked in and we thought we should just get little bits here and there - I've bought steriliser kit inc bottles & bottle warmer, and more or less all of the textiles for the nursery. My pram was pre-ordered on Monday and I'll prob get the cot and few more bits over the Easter hols - think it's an individual preference of when to start x

Last edited:
we are pretty much sorted. only little bits and wardrobes to get. which is driving me nuts cos ive got bags of clothes everywhere cos iv'e got nothing to put them in,

to be honest though we have had alot of it bought for us and am having my nieces cot bed just getting new mattress which mil is getting.

all thats left to do is to is the nursery and paint the rest of the house and clean the carpets. xxx

Started buying stuff after my 20 week scan! We haven't got loads but each week I try get a couple more bits like this week I got some scratch mits! Lol :)

i need to paint baby bed room then i buy all the big stuff so i got a place to store everything x

God.. everyone is well organised!! I need to get in gear I suppose.. xx

We haven't got everything yet, but we are doing pretty well I think, furniture is ordered, pram is ordered, we have a sling, swing, some clothes, sterliser, breast pump, baby monitor, bath etc etc but there is still a huge list of things to get, I'm trying to do a bit each week to spread it out :)

I made a massive list of pretty much EVERYTHING, and the cost and where I wanted to get it from etc and we're just going to buy a few bits from it each month until LO is here x

Okay.. I ordered a baby shawl and some organic baby grows.. still need a pram, which I will get in the next two weeks; bath, steriliser, swing, baby play station, cuddly toy, tv, microwave... we are awaiting the cot, we need to sort the room out to.. I need a mansion!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back