When to come off my pill?

luckylucky

Reaction score
Hello there I am new here and want to ask a question and i dont know if anyone can help.

Im getting married in may next year , and me and my partner want to ttc straight away. We are getting married abroad and will be away for 3 weeks and i was wanting to try from then when we are away .........and we may come home to a little surprise :lol: however we know it may not happen straight away. But wed like to have fun trying on our honeymoon lol

However my question is ive been on cerezette for four years now and the majority of the time it takes my periods away. every now and then i have a bleed every four to five months or so.
When i wasnt on ,my pill i was like clock work.
However. Sometimes if i miss a pill i bleed. My dilema is do i come off my pill when im away to guarentee my no period on my wedding day or do i come off a little before to get it out my system and get my rythem back so i know when im due etc? And in the case of the latter , it would be coming off at just the right time to avoid bleeding on my wedding day.

Suppose it doesnt really matter but id prefer to be at my fertile point but not sure how to work it to come off the pill. this is all new to me :)

I would come off about 3 months before your wedding and use condoms if you don't want to try until you are wed ;) that way you will know your cycle, but of course cannot guarantee you won't have your Af on your wedding day.

Equally you could come off a few weeks before the wedding expecting to bleed straight away, and not for a couple of weeks.......

The only way to guarantee no AF for your wedding is it keep on the pill until 1st night of honeymoon (but as you say you may get a bleed on the pill - as it sometimes happens!). You could ovulate in the 3 weeks of your honeymoon if you take the last pill on your wedding day.

good luck for next year :)

Hello and welcome,

I would personally come off of the pill now to get it out of the system, it can take months for periods to regulate after being on the pill, it took me a few months. Some women of course fall pregnant the first month after the pill but to be sure I would stop after end of next packet and use protection until then. It is of course hard to pin point ovulation to occur on your honeymoon but as you are there three weeks you are bound to hit your fertile time at some point.

Loads of luck x

Thanks guys , ive alot to research and learn. the only thing about coming off now and we had an accident and i did get pregnant straight away is i wouldnt be able to go to my wedding lol

as its 9months away lol

However i think the few months idea is good , but also to be on the safer side maybe just wait untill my wedding day . alot to think about :) as want to get a cycle but dont want to be pregnant before my wedding.

LOL, maybe I was being a bit extreme by saying now, I was thinking in my head that it was only 5 months away (not thinking straight). If you use condoms and avoid intercourse on your most fertile days (just to be sure) then you should be ok with not falling pregnant before your wedding. Its up to you though to weigh up whats best for you. This is a great forum and has taught me so much that I didnt know about cycles, luteal phases and everything ttc related...and thats with me having a son already!! x

Thanks lisey 27.
i know what you mean but condoms are really a no no for me as im illergic to them i always end up with really bad reaction when weve tried them in past so when i come off its gona have to be at a time where if it happens ill be fine with it.
Oh im gona stick about between then and now ive lots to learn not clued up on the lingo. Dont have any kids it will be our first so really nervous /excited :)

Thanks lisey 27.
i know what you mean but condoms are really a no no for me as im illergic to them i always end up with really bad reaction when weve tried them in past so when i come off its gona have to be at a time where if it happens ill be fine with it.
Oh im gona stick about between then and now ive lots to learn not clued up on the lingo. Dont have any kids it will be our first so really nervous /excited :)

Oh I see, that does make it difficult. Yeah definately stick around, you will be an expert on the lingo soon enough :) x

Hi again, I think I'D wait until your wedding and then come off, you probably don't want to be pregnant on your wedding day - you won't be able to have a glass of champers! I came off earlier this month and think I have ovulated during first month (unless they are fake symptoms).

yeah weve had a good talk and im waiting untill wedding day or a bit after before coming off pill :)

if condoms aren't an option then there isn't really another option that isn't chemical and would mess up your cycle....apart from not having sex! lol - which I'm sure is not an option ;)

I would take your last pill on your wedding day and hope your fertility returns within the 3 weeks honeymoon - it is possible!

with my first I came off the pill and go my cycles back straight away, and got preggo on 3rd cycle off the pill, with my 2nd I came off the pill and got my cycles back straight away, and got preggo on 3rd cycle off the pill! am on cycle no5 this time however - but am assuming it's because I am now that bit older, and after 2 pregnancies things have changed :)

hun i came off the pill and it took me 8 months to fall preggers my sil got pregnant first and got married at 27 weeks i dont know about cerazette as i was on microgynon last time you might fall pregnant on ur honeymoon as it's only one hormone? just have to keep trying and testing! xxx good luck anyway xx

Hi Luckylucky,
I'm new to the forum today so bear with me as I dont do the 'lingo' just yet!!
Reading your post brought a real tear to me as that was me 12 months ago. We got married in February 2012 and had a belated honeymoon in May and we planned it (an OCD of mine is to plan for everything!) so that I would come off Cerazette 6weeks prior to honeymoon so we could have a honeymoon baby.
Quite frustratingly and devastating that things havent work to plan. I'd been on Cerazette for 2 years and never bled whilst on it and was quite happy on it. When I came off it in March I was hopeful for a period soon after but I'm still waiting in September. No signs whatsoever.
Both of us are rather concerned and in hindsight we both regret so much not coming off it last year when we first discussed having a little one.
I'm now at the start of fertility testing to check everything's okay, fingers crossed.
I wil NEVER go back to Cerezette, never ever ever.
Best advice is for you is allow your body time to recover from this horrible drug. I wouldn't wish the rollercoaster of guilt and worthlessness and incompetence we've been through on anyone else.
(I'm sure there's plenty of women out there who like Cerezette, but this is just my opinion and experience)
Take care and make sure you make a balanced decision between you and your fiance.
Good luck,

Rach :)

Hi Luckylucky,
I'm new to the forum today so bear with me as I dont do the 'lingo' just yet!!
Reading your post brought a real tear to me as that was me 12 months ago. We got married in February 2012 and had a belated honeymoon in May and we planned it (an OCD of mine is to plan for everything!) so that I would come off Cerazette 6weeks prior to honeymoon so we could have a honeymoon baby.
Quite frustratingly and devastating that things havent work to plan. I'd been on Cerazette for 2 years and never bled whilst on it and was quite happy on it. When I came off it in March I was hopeful for a period soon after but I'm still waiting in September. No signs whatsoever.
Both of us are rather concerned and in hindsight we both regret so much not coming off it last year when we first discussed having a little one.
I'm now at the start of fertility testing to check everything's okay, fingers crossed.
I wil NEVER go back to Cerezette, never ever ever.
Best advice is for you is allow your body time to recover from this horrible drug. I wouldn't wish the rollercoaster of guilt and worthlessness and incompetence we've been through on anyone else.
(I'm sure there's plenty of women out there who like Cerezette, but this is just my opinion and experience)
Take care and make sure you make a balanced decision between you and your fiance.
Good luck,

Rach :)

Thank you so much rach , its funny you should mention about cerezette ive been on it 4 years and its been a bit of a rollercoaster especially with moodswings etc. It wasnt untill a few months ago when i researched it that lots of cerezette users have similar symptoms .

Hi there,
I've just joined this forum and read your post - I've had a similar problem to RachS, I went off the pill in March this year and still haven't had a period. We also got married and have been TTC, but I know now I'm not ovulating, so it's not really worth it. I've learned that this is actually quite common and it can often take up to a year for your body to regulate, so I thought I should share this with you!
I wish I'd gone off the pill a year ago and just used other protection until we were ready - at least that would stop the waiting game.
Good luck and if you're really keen to conceive soon, I would seriously suggest going off the pill sooner rather than later!

ElcgECCW drobXKCgy ytcwduagus YIUrMtbbi huempv FjxQTIITwwz LdmlIXJJ ldfkXEZym RfyzNGCS hvptHIItz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back