What would you do?

shootingstar22

Reaction score
Hello all!

So i am getting married on the 5th June this year and will be jetting of on our honeymoon on the 8th for 7 nights.

Now I am currently on the combined pill and according to my dates I should have af on the 24th may and then I am supposed to start up on my pill on the 26th. This would mean that af should surface around the 21st June... About a week after we return from honeymoon.

However I have been contemplating stopping the pill on the 26th May and just seeing what happens. However I am worried that doing tht may lead to an outbreak o spots before my wedding day! Vain I know but just stressful when you want a wedding day to remember rather than a volcano on the chin! So because of this I thought maybe I will back my packs up... And delay the af by a week, so that when I come off the pill it will only be a few days before the wedding and should control any flare ups... And of course admin wedding day!

What do you girls think... Do you think just coming off it will be fine, or taking a few extra pills maybe best? I am also worried that coming off the pill might make me I'll.... As I have read that some people have felt sick!

As you can probably tell I am quite excited and keen to get started as soon as poss!

As you can see I am very keen to get TTC assoon as poss, and would love to have a care free honeymoon- I keep getting confused over time zones and the right time I will have to take my pill etc.

If you dont want to risk a break out and you obviously wont want AF on your honeymoon just take it till the end of your honey moon and stop then - you dont HAVE to finish the packet :)

Mervs Mum makes a very good suggestion, you could just stop taking them after your honeymoon!

For what it's worth though, I took Micronor for about 9 years, I stopped taking it about 18 months ago so it was a little while ago, but I don't remember there being any ill effects at all, and I must say it was quite liberating at first, not having to remember to take it at the right time every day!

I would definately stay on it and run packs together as you need to to avoid AF gatecrashing your wedding and honeymoon. I wouldnt TTC before the wedding cos even though you'd be early on its sooo tiring, you wont be able to have a drink and you could be really bloated and you wanna look your best! Wait til you get home from honey moon and leave the pills in the aeroplane toilet!!

I was on Microgynon for donkeys years too and both times came off it with no side effects and conceived quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back