when should i come off the pill?

bidsy

Reaction score
really struggling with this... I'm on mycrogynon and have been since march last year. We have a 15month old boy and want to try for another baby we have a deadline of end of next year to try and if nothing happens then we leave it, this is due to dh age. we agreed.

We get married in july, I have read posts that say that it can take up to a year for the pill to get out of your system, kind of thinking do I come off it now? Then again if I get caught before wedding I dont want to feel crap on the day. How effective is natural birth control. do i just avoid ov time? Or do you think stay on pill a bit longer?:wall2:

It took ages for my body to get back to some kind of normality, but then I had been on the pill for years without a break. I would say come off it but I see what you mean about the wedding.

It's hard to say because everyone is different. I came off the pill at the beginning of March and it appears (fingers crossed) that everything is back to normal already but I did read lots before coming off it about woman not getting their periods back for ages etc.

Why don't you come off it now just to be on the safe side and use condoms until you are ready to try properly?

Thanks for replies, yes I'll speak to Dh tonight see what he thinks, I think it might be wise to stop now to be honest like you say we could use condoms although I hate the blumin things lol but needs must :)

I was on Microgynon for 6 years (and used it quite a lot back-to-back to avoid periods every few months) so it was well and truly in my system. Stopped taking it in February and conceived Lizzie mid March :) So it can happen!

I was on cerezzete and I stopped taking it september 2009 but didn't have my first period until january 2010 and concieved the february. Personally id stop taking it now x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Yep, I'd advise stopping now too. I stopped in December and my cycles are still affected - they've gone from a reliable 28 days (during previous breaks) to around 37. If I'd known in advance, I'd have happily used condoms for a year while my body took its time to regulate itself again x

I took my last pill in October and my body is still adjusting, condoms feel aweful but at least when you do get serious about ttc, the pill may be out of you system by then. I would stop now and use another form of contraceptive.

I'd say come off now! Even if your periods will get regular fast, you will still have all those extra hormones kicking around in your system. I waited for a year before TTC after pill.

I would come off the pill now. I've been off mine a year at the end of this month and only had 1 period which was September. We wanted a baby so was hoping I would have fell in that year, but were getting married next May so now trying to prevent it until after the wedding but without me going back on the pill! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back