Coming off the pill! Scary thought

Applecider

Reaction score
I think i posted in the wrong place ebefore. oops sorry hope someone moves it to here.

Im coming off the pill - :wall2: ive heard so much about people getting problems when they come off it anxiety headsches losing weight etc. Ive been on it 14 years!!!!! What would anyone recommend me to do. Im not going to try n have a baby til may but im coming off it in january as would like to clear out my body of unatural stuff!!

Hello...i came off it in September...be prepared to feel poo for the first month.........complete pregnancy symptoms..feeling sick, the lot!!!

Also be prepared to feel very emotional and moody to start with too...it does get better though...

I would start taking folic acid too more or less straight away...I take Pregnacare Conception...

So far my cycles have been very regular, about 26 days each time and always ov'd on day 12.....so fingers crossed they will stay regular, i was om it 18 years!! Have heard lots of stories about cycles going crazy just when you think they are settling down....so be prepared for this too...

good luck wih everything xx

Thanks for your reply sams!! Ive really messed up while being on pill missing them, losing half the pack and everything, but like you say just got to wait for it to settle down. Im taking pregnacare aswell the one for conception. Its great because its got all the vitmains i lack anyway!

Are you do anything else to prepare ur body Im so new to this!!!! x

i'm trying to lose weight but thats not going well!!!! i really do need to get a grip of eating healthy and looking after myself......i have decided that if i'm not pregnant by christmas to just have a bloody good one and then start to be very healthy in the new year....i have kind of kept off alcohol...but i dont drink much anyway tbh...xx

My friend is awaiting IVF but she has to lose weight first and shes doing the same waiting until after xmas! U may as well chill and enjoy it then you have something to concentrate on in January, try slimmers world I lost 2 stone on that and I love it, its not a diet more like a method of eating as much as you want!

I really do not understand this ovulation stuff at all. They use all these mad words ive neva heard of! Ive tried googling it but it still not snking in think I need to find a kids book haha. I am not even sure if it lasts 28 days and I usually only have a period for 1-2 days which isnt a good sign in itself really!

Good luck with weight loss, dont put too much emphasis on it... it seemed to make me worse. And always have healthy low cal treats ready!!! My treat cupbard was the best! xx

my periods have been very light since coming off the pill....i also worry that thats not a good sign...

The ovulation thing....basically the kits detect when you have an LH surge...this surge is the hormone that makes the ovary release the egg.....so you get the surge and then normally ovulation happens 24-48 hours after your positive result.......so basically you need to have sex as soon as you get a positive and then for a few days after..to be sure....the little egg once released can survive for 24 hours...so hopefully having lots of sex just before egg is released and then day of release gives a better chance of one of those little swimmers getting up there...

hope all that makes sense....u will start to feel when you're getting the surge cos you get pains a bit like af and a bit headachy......u will just know....i could tell from month 2 of coming off pill exactly when it was gonna happen...weird how in tune you are with your body when you are looking out for signs!!!

xx

Hey hon

coming off the pill a few months before your ready to TTC is a great idea as it gives your body time to get your cycles regular. I came off mine 6 months before TTC (had been taking it 13 years) we the just used condoms. Luckily didn't get any nasty symptoms and cycles were regular pretty much straight away at around 23 days. I know it does take longer for some girls though so the sooner you can come off it the better. Great that you're already taking pregnacare.

As for the ovulation thing I found the easiest thing was to go on line and use one of those "ovulation calculators" basically chart your cycles for a few months so you have an average of how many days they last, then you just have to enter this number of days into the calculator along with with the date of your last period and it will tell you your likely ovulation dates for the next 6 months. Hope this helps! x x

my periods have been very light since coming off the pill....i also worry that thats not a good sign...

The ovulation thing....basically the kits detect when you have an LH surge...this surge is the hormone that makes the ovary release the egg.....so you get the surge and then normally ovulation happens 24-48 hours after your positive result.......so basically you need to have sex as soon as you get a positive and then for a few days after..to be sure....the little egg once released can survive for 24 hours...so hopefully having lots of sex just before egg is released and then day of release gives a better chance of one of those little swimmers getting up there...

hope all that makes sense....u will start to feel when you're getting the surge cos you get pains a bit like af and a bit headachy......u will just know....i could tell from month 2 of coming off pill exactly when it was gonna happen...weird how in tune you are with your body when you are looking out for signs!!!

xx

Thanks for that :) its a much better explanation that wiki!!! Its slightly worrying to come off the pill but from hearing from you and bella feels much beta!

Hey hon

coming off the pill a few months before your ready to TTC is a great idea as it gives your body time to get your cycles regular. I came off mine 6 months before TTC (had been taking it 13 years) we the just used condoms. Luckily didn't get any nasty symptoms and cycles were regular pretty much straight away at around 23 days. I know it does take longer for some girls though so the sooner you can come off it the better. Great that you're already taking pregnacare.

As for the ovulation thing I found the easiest thing was to go on line and use one of those "ovulation calculators" basically chart your cycles for a few months so you have an average of how many days they last, then you just have to enter this number of days into the calculator along with with the date of your last period and it will tell you your likely ovulation dates for the next 6 months. Hope this helps! x x

Thanks hun I will try one of those calculators, I find that I dont know what the words mean! When i had a look at the one samsgirl has got it was bit hard to fill in!! But will work it out get google out while im doing it!! Im glad im coming off the pill hope I can handle the hormone change, last time my hair went so thin!!

Are you trying yet? x

Hi hon

well this was the calculator I used...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/ovu/

just enter the date of your last period and the no of days your cycle usually lasts (day 1 of your cycle is the 1st day of your period then count the number of days inbetween until your next bleed). This worked great for me as I actually became pregnant the first month TTC with this method! Unfortunately though I had a MC at 10.5 weeks, that was earlier this month so I'm now waiting for my next AF to arrive before TTC again.

awwwh Bella thats really sad but ur so strong coming on here helping others and just getting on with it. My friend had a MC and did the same as you just got on with it again and she has a little girl and a little boy now both annoyingly gorgeous!!!

I will do that calc thanks - and thanks for making it easier for me to understand. Is this ur first time trying?

aww thanks hon that's lovely to hear about your friend and that she now has 2 lovely children, gives me hope! Yes this is our first time TTC, I'll be 32 in Feb so not wanting to leave it too long! Hopefully see you over in TTC soon x x

Just thought id pop in and say hi :wave:
I think you are doing the right thing coming of the pill a few months before ttc, its best to get your body ready first :) (I think i need to listen to my own advice next time!)
Have you start to take folic acid yet? x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am taking the pregancare for contraception, but waitng until after xmas n new year to come off just in case because we will be partying (hopefully the last time for a while ;) ) then I kno im safe but im taking the folic acid so that its all ready in place!

Are u trying again x

Best to stay safe, especially when partying ;) but fx it will be the last time in a while for you :)

Yes hun, we are going trying again, the witch has just turned up for the first time since my mmc so hopefully once she disapears, its all systems go :) x x

hello, just popping in,
I was on the pill overanette for 15 years aswell, came off it in Feb this year( and got pregnant in June), my periods went straight back to how they were before the pill 34day cycle. I didn't really get any symptoms but i did lose a bit of weight. Mind you i wasn't complaining about that. It was a scary thought comming off it as i was on it for so long, and it became part of my daily routine. Will def use the pill again after i have had my baby. xxxxxx

Best to stay safe, especially when partying ;) but fx it will be the last time in a while for you :)

Yes hun, we are going trying again, the witch has just turned up for the first time since my mmc so hopefully once she disapears, its all systems go :) x x

Awwwh gud luck hope it happens quick for you, :lol: Exactly why I am staying on the pill for a little bit longer! x

hello, just popping in,
I was on the pill overanette for 15 years aswell, came off it in Feb this year( and got pregnant in June), my periods went straight back to how they were before the pill 34day cycle. I didn't really get any symptoms but i did lose a bit of weight. Mind you i wasn't complaining about that. It was a scary thought comming off it as i was on it for so long, and it became part of my daily routine. Will def use the pill again after i have had my baby. xxxxxx

It makes me feel so much better that you were on the pill for that long and got pregnant. How old are u if yu dont mind me asking? Congrats on ur pregnancy bet u were thrilled x

well im on my seven day break and having an extra light period :oooo: I dunno why but its been happening alot lately, lasting only a day then maybe having another bit after another day. Hope this is ok :shock::shock::shock:

Its such a worrying thought kids, so much can happen first I worry can I get pregnant, then im sure I will be worrying if everything is alright with baby then brth complications, then are they growing etc etc wow its heavy. But worth it. I cant wait to have a mini us.

Wow strangest period every. One day lasting about 6 hours. Hope thats nothing to worry about and im defo not up the duffer. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Starting to cut out crap from my diet. Its hard because I love crap :) crisps especially think ill let myself still eat them! Joined the gym again so thats sorted.

i came off the pill in may and my cycles are regular now so 1st month trying x

Ahh thank you chick, im the big 30 lol, and im pg with my first!! When are you gonna come off the pill?? Hope it all goes well for you honey xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back