When does ovulation occur after a chemical ?.

lillith112

Reaction score
I just wondered if ovulation is early, delayed or arrives the same time as usual after a chemical pregnancy ?. I need to work out dates for my OH to be here so we can try again xx

Last edited:
After mine I think it happened a couple of days later than usual. I'm only going by when I got AF after all 3 of them which was day 32ish when my cycles are regularly 28/29 days.

After chemicals which just did the deed every other from bleeding up until AF when we could.

Good luck honey xx

After mine I think it happened a couple of days later than usual. I'm only going by when I got AF after all 3 of them which was day 32ish when my cycles are regularly 28/29 days.

After chemicals which just did the deed every other from bleeding up until AF when we could.

Good luck honey xx

Thanks Tonks, my OH is arriving on cd11, I usually ovulate on cd13 so fingers crossed we might be ok and not miss it. x

I hope you catch quickly again. I know the feeling of having chemicals it's not nice. I always felt better just getting back on the wagon again.
I think it sounds like optimum time for him to return ;-)

Xx

Hi hun I counted the day I started bleeding as cd1 and did opks and had a pos opk on CD 16 which is round about when i normally ov so hopefully hadnt affected my cycles xx

After mc I didn't ovulate but after my chemical I ovd CD26. I was surprised, I thought it would have messed with my body more like it had previously after mc. Good luck!

I got pregnant the next cycle after my chemical and it seemed that I ovulated at the same time as normal. Some women have their cycle thrown out by 2 or 3 weeks though. I was very early on and bleeding only started a day or two after af would have. I think the further along you get the more likely it is to take your body more time to get back on track.

I got pregnant the next cycle after my chemical and it seemed that I ovulated at the same time as normal. Some women have their cycle thrown out by 2 or 3 weeks though. I was very early on and bleeding only started a day or two after af would have. I think the further along you get the more likely it is to take your body more time to get back on track.

Blimey I hope I'm lucky enough to catch next cycle. My af was 4 days out so I'm hoping that ovulation will return as normal. x

Lilith, just to say I'm in the same situation as you (I saw somewhere that you are missing seeing your oh on your next ovulation). My b****y period is starting today, if it had just started two or three days later I would have arrived back in China in perfect time for ovulation which meant on that trip to China I would have had two cycles so two chances. But because it's starting today I'm going to miss ovulation which means I only get one chance between now and the end of January. I'm so upset. I already feel like my body let me down once with the blighted ovum, now it couldn't even wait two bloody days to start my period. It's not even 4 weeks since I passed the sac.

Lilith, just to say I'm in the same situation as you (I saw somewhere that you are missing seeing your oh on your next ovulation). My b****y period is starting today, if it had just started two or three days later I would have arrived back in China in perfect time for ovulation which meant on that trip to China I would have had two cycles so two chances. But because it's starting today I'm going to miss ovulation which means I only get one chance between now and the end of January. I'm so upset. I already feel like my body let me down once with the blighted ovum, now it couldn't even wait two bloody days to start my period. It's not even 4 weeks since I passed the sac.

Oh Syd I'm so sorry, it's heartbreaking isn't it. My OH will definitely miss this ovulation. I'm bloody furious as he is missing it due to plans to have his boys this weekend, I was happy with that reason as understand his boys come first, but his ex has now let him down and he isn't having them !!! so he could of come here after all .He can't get here now as he has booked carers to look after his mum on Tuesday and the office won't be open until Monday so he can't change it. OMG I feel so upset, another month down the drain, another month of me getting older and leaving less and less time to catch. I keep feeling more and more like it will never happen and that I should just get used to the idea that we will never have a child but it breaks my heart into a million pieces. Hugs to you Syd, I know exactly how you feel. xx

Last edited:
Oh and same as you, we will only get one opportunity to ttc now instead of 2 attempts as planned. We probably won't see each other until Christmas or new year after this visit. It feels like the end of the bloody world xx

Oh no, that's bloody infuriating.

I'm just praying ovulation takes a bit longer this month. AF didn't actually start properly, just heavy spotting but it will definitely start tomorrow which is still a day too early. We'll next see each other end January, one month before I turn 45 so pretty much game over by then. Still debating one round of IVF but that's very tricky for lots of reasons plus about a 5% chance of success...

Oh no, that's bloody infuriating.

I'm just praying ovulation takes a bit longer this month. AF didn't actually start properly, just heavy spotting but it will definitely start tomorrow which is still a day too early. We'll next see each other end January, one month before I turn 45 so pretty much game over by then. Still debating one round of IVF but that's very tricky for lots of reasons plus about a 5% chance of success...

I'm trying to delay my ovulation, I'm taking pregnacare conception, it delayed my period by 3 days earlier in the year, I can't remember if it delayed ovulation too but it's worth a shot, I think it's because it has very high levels of B vitamins. Might be worth you trying it ?. If you type in pregnacare conception delayed ovulation into google there are quite a few women it's happened to. xx

See I'm of the same opinion as you, I said my cut off point is when I turn 45, my OH is happy to try beyond that point but it just doesn't feel right, but who knows, I might change my mind by then.
The thing that infuriates me about missing this ovulation is that I have read you are ultra fertile after a miscarriage, so all I keep thinking is that this could be the one that sticks, I read most ladies catch straight after. Fingers and toes crossed Syd, I hope ov stays away for both of us. xx

That's exactly what I'm thinking, now I'm potentially my most fertile! Haven't seen him since my miscarriage so I've already missed one ovulation. I'm going to take a higher dosage of b6 this month.

Period will start properly today which is the day I would have been 12 weeks.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, now I'm potentially my most fertile! Haven't seen him since my miscarriage so I've already missed one ovulation. I'm going to take a higher dosage of b6 this month.

Period will start properly today which is the day I would have been 12 weeks.

I've only seen my OH once for a few hours in 7 weeks, it's hard going having a long distance relationship.
B6 is supposed to lengthen your LP, I hope it works, I think pregnacare have a massive dose of B vits, 700 % of daily recommended amount. I'm dreading doing an opk today as had a tiny bit ewcm yesterday but it seems to have dried up now. I'm cd 10 today, if ovulation holds off until cd 13 I'll be ok but knowing my bad luck it won't.
Sending hugs to you Syd, 12 weeks would of been the milestone, it's heartbreaking to think what would of been. I would of been 6weeks tomorrow. But no amount of dwelling on it will bring our little beans back, all we can do is try to move on and hope and pray that it happens again for us both. xx

Last edited:
I hope you both get your chance soon and catch quickly. After our loss at 10 weeks what would have been 12 weeks was a hard mile stone for me somehow it seemed if we could have just made it that far it would have been okay. Instead of going for our 12 week scan I was still bleeding from the MC which seemed to make it worse. Its rubbish that your period is due at the same time. The only positive thing is that your body is at least getting back on track. Its the one good thing I can say about our earlier loss. In lots of ways it was just as hard, especially emotionally but physically I was back on track really quick.

Thanks Bunny. I've been worrying that it's started too quickly and things are messed up but actually if I take the day I passed the sac as cd1 today is cd28 so damn near perfect. I just need to ovulate on cd15 next month, not 14!

I hope ovulation is delayed for you lilith and syd! Its all so frustrating not being able to just dtd whenever, i am same boat as you both not living with oh so there is lots of planning involved....oh and luck!!
I'm 2dpo today, timing was spot on this month so who knows, be amazing if we could all get a bfp this month ��

Thankyou Staces and Bunny, I hope we all get our take home babies.
Good news, my opk was negative today, just 2 more days for it to stay negative until OH gets here. Maybe I won't even ovulate this month, who knows. xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back