When does ovulation occur after a chemical ?.

Thanks Staces, everything crossed for you!

After all my whinging and complaining AF has actually started today, not sure what yesterday was all about but didn't get beyond very heavy spotting. So, providing I ovulate at my usual time, the timing is damned near perfect. I'll arrive back in China for one night only on day 14 before heading off on a 6 day work trip.

Good luck lil, let us know how today's opk goes.

Last edited:
Thanks Staces, everything crossed for you!

After all my whinging and complaining AF has actually started today, not sure what yesterday was all about but didn't get beyond very heavy spotting. So, providing I ovulate at my usual time, the timing is damned near perfect. I'll arrive back in China for one night only on day 14 before heading off on a 6 day work trip.

Good luck lil, let us know how today's opk goes.

Woo hoo that's amazing news Syd !, well my opks today were all negative not even a squinter, I have a feeling I might not even ovulate this cycle, I think the chemical and me taking agnus castus might of messed it up ?. Normally I have feint lines on opk by now gradually gets darker near ov day. xx

What is the ac for?

My 21 day progesterone bloods were below the level for ovulation that month anyway, it has to be 30 or more and mine was 28. I read that ac can increase progesterone so thought id give it a shot. The last 2 days I've halved the pregnacare, when OH is here I will stop taking it and the ac and hope ovulation occurs. I've been getting weird painful twinges in my uterus, I hope everything's ok and nothing left in there from the chemical ?. xx

Ah ok, makes sense. Keep an eye on the twinges, I understand why you're worrying but I'm sure it's nothing. I spotted a bit a couple of weeks ago and was worried something was left behind but then I had my scan and he said it was all clear.

Ah ok, makes sense. Keep an eye on the twinges, I understand why you're worrying but I'm sure it's nothing. I spotted a bit a couple of weeks ago and was worried something was left behind but then I had my scan and he said it was all clear.

Mind you my 21 day bloods show I probably didn't ovulate but I obviously did the next month as caught pregnant, maybe low progesterone is the reason I lost it, or maybe just high percentage at my age.
The twinges are like what I had after my children, maybe its the uterus contracting back down?. I hope there's nothing left in there, I did feel very ill a couple of days ago xx

Lillith, just checking how you did in the end, did you get a positive opk?

I saw my oh last night for one night before I had to head off again for a 6 day work trip, managed to dtd and had a really strong positive opk today, phew! Don't hold out masses of hope as only done it once but at least I feel I'm back in the running this month.

Lillith, just checking how you did in the end, did you get a positive opk?

I saw my oh last night for one night before I had to head off again for a 6 day work trip, managed to dtd and had a really strong positive opk today, phew! Don't hold out masses of hope as only done it once but at least I feel I'm back in the running this month.

I had a positive opk cd19, we dtd but I know I've not succeeded, I'm 6dpo with no symptoms, I had sore boobs from 5dpo last month when I had my bfp. I'm in a bad place, just losing all hope of it ever happening again before I turn 45.
Glad to hear you managed to dtd Syd. My opk was strongest I've ever had, I won't get another attempt until Jan next year now as OH won't be here. xx

Last edited:
I get one more chance between now and Feb which is when I turn 45 so I know how you feel.

Don't be disheartened by lack of symptoms, I had nothing at all when I was pregnant including no sore boobs. I've seen so many ladies on here say early symptoms vary loads from pregnancy to pregnancy so it really doesn't mean anything yet.

I wonder why you ovulated so late this time.

I get one more chance between now and Feb which is when I turn 45 so I know how you feel.

Don't be disheartened by lack of symptoms, I had nothing at all when I was pregnant including no sore boobs. I've seen so many ladies on here say early symptoms vary loads from pregnancy to pregnancy so it really doesn't mean anything yet.

I wonder why you ovulated so late this time.

I just know it hasn't happened this month Syd, no vivid dreams either. I ovulated late due to the miscarriage last month, I read it can delay it for anything up to a couple of months.
It's awful the age limit and feeling like time is ticking by. We are both in similar situations. I said when I turn 45 that will be cut off point and I will get sterilized, my OH says no need to get sterilizes, he wants this as much as I do.
Hey and don't worry about dtd once, thats all we did the month I caught, in fact I think its much better as it gives the sperm time to mature and build up a good amount. We dtd far too much this cycle and the amount my OH produced was tiny compared to last month. I really hope this is it for you Syd, keeping my fingers and toes crossed. xx

Ok, pep talk time. You're only 6 dpo, please try to stop worrying about lack of symptoms. I totally understand it but you are sooo early still. If ttc proves nothing else it's that our bodies our very strange! You're not out til you're out, it's healthy not to symptom spot but try to stay positive xx

Syd is right no symptoms dont mean anything, I used to get a ton of symptoms in the TWW - really tender boobs, nausea, fatigue, niggles etc etc and each month nothing! I pretty much stopped SS and 'tried' not to think about it (easier said than done i know). Funny this month I had hardly and still got AF! I should be ovulating next week and keeping my fx that oh doesn't have to go away with work....

It would be amazing if it could happen for all us, be nice to go to Tri1 as 'oldies' together x

It would be great! For the brief time I was in the Tri 1 group I was wishing that there was someone in there I "knew" from the forum or someone older, they were all very nice but I didn't feel I had anything in common.

My period started earlier than expected last month (first one after AF), I didn't have any boob soreness at all, not a thing. I usually have something. And you're absolutely right, when I first started out I had every symptom under the sun but it meant nothing. There's really just no telling. I haven't mastered not thinking about it all the time (1 dpo today and already obsessed with counting days) but I don't SS. I don't test either, too depressing, but that's just personal choice :)

Yes I know what you mean.

It's hard not to think about it, usually the first part goes quick its from about 10dpo that it drags. I never test anymore, got so fed up of seeing just the one bloody line all the time!

FX this is your month Lilith x

Thankyou ladies, with my 3 previous pregnancies and the loss I had very vivid dreams, and you just know that you're pregnant, I just know it's not happened, if it does end with a bfp I will eat my own hat lol. My opks were also dark and even positive post ovulation leading up to bfp, this month there is no line. I didn't realise but apparently LH surges and causes surge in progesterone to signal to the corpus luteum to continue pumping out progesterone to prevent af if pregnant.
xx

Hi Lillith, how many dpo are you now?

I think you said somewhere that initially you were so sure you would catch this month (I know you don't feel that way now). I feel exactly the same way, it's very strange. I'm utterly convinced that I must be pregnant this month because obviously I will fall pregnant the first month trying after miscarriage. Where on earth do thoughts like that come from? If I think about it logically I know it makes no sense, plus my cervix feels completely different to last time (tmi, sorry) - it was already soft at this stage, 9dpo, and it isn't now. I'm going to be so devastated if/when it doesn't happen because I've so convinced myself it will. I'm symptom spotting, which I don't normally do, and I even tested last night. BFN obviously, night-time test at 8dpo. I haven't felt this crazy since I started ttc.

I've had plenty of months like that Syd where I have been so convinced I was pregnant. I think its because you hear how fertile you are meant to be after a MC.. no idea how true this is? I know there are plenty of women who do fall straight after, I wasn't one of them unfortunately.
I'm counting myself out this month already and not even dtd yet! I did an OPK last night and it was super positive but not seeing OH until tonight :( bit gutted really as last two months i've had my strong positive on CD11 and OV on CD12! I really thought acupuncture was making a difference, obviously not!!! :(

Hope you're okay lilith x

Oh no Staces :( Although a positive opk last night means you may not ovulate until tonight so you could be ok, could even be tomorrow that you ovulate.

I think you're right about it being because everyone tells you how fertile you are. I've been googling that a bit and it appears to be more anecdotal evidence than hard facts.

OPK not as strong today :( although cervix still really high and soft and have a little ewcm up there so not quite sure? fx it will be tonight and we can dtd in time!

I think we all have that stress of not living with OH dont we, just makes everything so much harder x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back