A chemical pregnancy?

BL123

Reaction score
I think I've had a chemical pregnancy.

We're not TTC, hopefully should be trying soon. We had a month where we weren't being careful but this month we were. We've decided that if I become pregnant it isn't that big a deal but we would prefer to wait for a while.

Anyway. My period was almost 2 weeks late this month. So I tested last week on a cheap test and got a positive but it was very faint. I was convinced it was an evap, I didn't trust this test at all. Then a day or two later I tested again with a different brand and, again, positive. Then a couple of days ago I tested again and it's getting fainter?

Then I started bleeding a couple of days ago which was light at first. Then yesterday it started getting heavier. So I'm guessing this was a chemical pregnancy?

Now I'm not sure if there's anything I need to do or not? I had such bad cramps the day before I started bleeding but then nothing yesterday. But since this morning I've been in such bad pain. I went out for a walk this morning and it stopped. But now I'm in pain again and I'm starting to worry. It's not like normal period pains, it's quite a lot worse. I'm bleeding heavier than a normal period but nothing that's really concerning me to be honest.

Does this sound like a chemical pregnancy? What do I need to do now? Or nothing? And is it normal to be in quite a lot of pain?

Thanks.

I think I've had a chemical pregnancy.

We're not TTC, hopefully should be trying soon. We had a month where we weren't being careful but this month we were. We've decided that if I become pregnant it isn't that big a deal but we would prefer to wait for a while.

Anyway. My period was almost 2 weeks late this month. So I tested last week on a cheap test and got a positive but it was very faint. I was convinced it was an evap, I didn't trust this test at all. Then a day or two later I tested again with a different brand and, again, positive. Then a couple of days ago I tested again and it's getting fainter?

Then I started bleeding a couple of days ago which was light at first. Then yesterday it started getting heavier. So I'm guessing this was a chemical pregnancy?

Now I'm not sure if there's anything I need to do or not? I had such bad cramps the day before I started bleeding but then nothing yesterday. But since this morning I've been in such bad pain. I went out for a walk this morning and it stopped. But now I'm in pain again and I'm starting to worry. It's not like normal period pains, it's quite a lot worse. I'm bleeding heavier than a normal period but nothing that's really concerning me to be honest.

Does this sound like a chemical pregnancy? What do I need to do now? Or nothing? And is it normal to be in quite a lot of pain?

Thanks.

Hi
I had a chemical pregnancy 6 an half weeks ago :( anyway i was the same i tested positive on pregnancy tests then after the bleeding and that stopped i had negative test.

If you are in a lot of pain you better going to A&E and get yourself checked out to be in the safe side.

I hope you feel better soon and so sorry for your loss :hug:

Hi

I am sorry you are having to go through what this, I had the same as what you are describing when i had a chemical pregnancy last month and had to go to A&E because the pain was unbearable, I agree with Denise33 saying if you are in a lot of pain and bleeding heavy it will be saver for you to go to A&E and be checked over.

I hope you get better soon take care x

Last edited:
I panicked a bit and the pain seems to be easing a bit after I had a hot bath and took some painkillers. I'm going to get an early night and see how I feel tomorrow I think.

So if I'm OK otherwise there's no need to do anything else?

And if I'm not in anymore bad pain and heavy bleeding obviously.

So sorry for you , sending you a big hug hun X:hug:

I woke up in pain but my boyfriend says I should be alright, I'm not bleeding heavily or anything and the pain seems to be easing as the day goes on. Just feeling a bit down today :-(

Is it bad pain you are getting still? it might be even worth arranging a doctors appointment and speak to them.

If you ever need to talk and let things off your chest there are plenty of people on here will offer you a lot of support :hug:I know how hard it is, i even still have good days and bad days.

Not quite as bad as yesterday but still quite bad. Think I made it worse yesterday by panicking. Hmm don't want to waste any time really. My boyfriends a doctor (comes in quite handy with things like this!) and I trust him saying it will be OK. But I'll definately get myself checked out if it doesn't stop or gets worse because I know while we're at home he can't see what's going on inside etc.

Thanks :) Trying to stay positive. There's plenty of time. Just would have been so much better if I hadn't had the positive tests and got excited about telling people, thinking way too far ahead etc. :(

Not quite as bad as yesterday but still quite bad. Think I made it worse yesterday by panicking. Hmm don't want to waste any time really. My boyfriends a doctor (comes in quite handy with things like this!) and I trust him saying it will be OK. But I'll definately get myself checked out if it doesn't stop or gets worse because I know while we're at home he can't see what's going on inside etc.

Thanks :) Trying to stay positive. There's plenty of time. Just would have been so much better if I hadn't had the positive tests and got excited about telling people, thinking way too far ahead etc. :(

I did the same when bragging about i was pregnant then had the job of telling people i wasnt a week later. So now i have decided that i am not testing till i think i am late.

It handy having a doc at home lol, I really hope you get better soon and keep your chin up glad you are staying positive i know it hard :) :hug:

Sorry need to shoot off i am at work oops lol

Last edited:
Yeah he comes in handy for some things! Lol. He's working 12 hours today, feeling a bit lonely.

I'm lucky I didn't tell anyone, it would have been difficult telling everyone later that I'd got it wrong. Think that would have made it even harder. But I was very close to telling some friends. In future I'll make sure before I even think about telling people! I'd thought so far ahead that I was planning next year, next summer etc. Think I probably built it all up way too much in my head and should have waited a while before I got excited.

Yeah he comes in handy for some things! Lol. He's working 12 hours today, feeling a bit lonely.

I'm lucky I didn't tell anyone, it would have been difficult telling everyone later that I'd got it wrong. Think that would have made it even harder. But I was very close to telling some friends. In future I'll make sure before I even think about telling people! I'd thought so far ahead that I was planning next year, next summer etc. Think I probably built it all up way too much in my head and should have waited a while before I got excited.

I hate the 12 hour shifts i am on for 14 hours today and tomorrow it sucks lol and i am missing this nice weather as well, it prob rain when i get a day off :lol:

I think we all do that sit and make plans and what we are going to do, It is really tough. I must admit though even though i lost my little one i have become more desperate to become pregnant again, it not to replace whta i have lost but made me realise how much i wanted another baby and it did not even cross my mind before.

Ouch 14 hours! lol

Hmm I'm not sure. We weren't trying. But for a while we haven't exactly been careful either. But we had decided that it probably would be better if we waited a while. But it's OK if I do get pregnant. But I don't really want to try just yet purely for selfish reasons really. We can definately support a baby. But there's things I want to do first too. Things aren't working out with my career choice at the moment and I'm hoping to go back to college after the summer. If I were pregnant I'd have to put that on hold (at least after a while anyway), continue as I am then wait till the baby is a bit older. And there's lots we've planning which we haven't got round to doing yet which we wouldn't be able to do with a baby.

All selfish reasons. Which makes me feel bad because there's so many people who are WTT but can't affort to have a baby or whatever. But we can and we're choosing not to right now because of selfish reasons. And that sets me off thinking that this is my fault because I didn't want it bad enough or something, ridiculous because I know that doesn't cause chemical pregnancies or miscarriages. This is just something that wasn't meant to be right now. But I still feel like it's because I'm being selfish. I would have loved this "baby" more than anything in the world. But before I selfishly didn't want it. Feels like I'm being punished for something.

Ahh I don't know! Guess I need some time to calm down and stop thinking about everything so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back