• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When do I get my appointments??

staceyjane

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Please help.....
I had my 1st pregnancy confirmed by my GP 2 weeks ago (I'm now 10 weeks pregnant), but haven't had ANY meetings with a midwife set up or a scan date through yet, and I'm worried as I've spoken to nobody apart from GP very briefly and then the doctors receptionist I they may not get a scan til 20 weeks "as thats what they seem to be doing lately" - can this be true?!!
what do you think I should do, wait it out or call the hospital I've been referred to?
Any advice would be great......:help::help:

i was referred at 10 weeks and seen by midwife and got a scan date by 12 weeks x

I would call the GP surgery up again and question this! I can't imagine them making u wait til 20wks for a scan hun that's very long x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Well that sounds quick! I hope it comes through after the easter break maybe, just worried as my first baby and I didnt see the GP til just over 8 weeks - so I haven't got a clue how it all works really!! did you have your midwife appointment before seperately from your scan?

I would call the GP surgery up again and question this! I can't imagine them making u wait til 20wks for a scan hun that's very long x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thank you, I think I will give them another call next week if I havent heard anything by post....it just feels like time is going so quick but I really don't want to wait til 20 weeks before I can know everythings ok and tell all my family and friends the good news!

i dont realy know tbh but up here we have to ring the midwife and arrange our own booking in app i have mine next week i will only be 6 weeks, i know some areas only offer 1 scan but i thought this was mostly scotland,i would defo ring up ur gp surgery and wat the policy is rergarding midwives and scans, xxxx

Seems v odd, everybody else seems to be getting their first scans at around 12 weeks - that's when you get all the initial tests for downs & other syndromes, blood checks etc

Would definitely question this xx

Here you make your own appointment (via the GP surgery). In all areas, you should have a dating scan around 12w and booking in should be before this, although it can be the same day. Definitely you need to chase this up. Pester them!

I saw my GP at 5w 5d and got my booking in appointment and 12 week scan posted to me within days!!

Booking in appointment was at 8w and scan is at 12w. At my booking in appointment I got my 16w appointment (super organisation at my hsopital LOL)

I would call your GP again and discuss this as you 100% will have your 12 week scan - this is very important as [if you are having it] this is when they test for Downs Syndrome.

Do you know what hospital you are with? If so maybe chase them up directly

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I had my appointment and 12 week scan through the pts within days too. I'll be 9 weeks at the time I have first mw appointment and 12 weeks at first scan date. I would kick up a bit of a fuss to make sure they look after you.

I would call the hospital you have been refereed to and ask that they have received your referral and are looking to find out when you might be asked to come in for your booking appointment and 12 week scan.... it wont do any harm calling them and will set your mind at ease.

xx

Thank you everybody! I got my first antenatal appointment sent through yesterday, another 2 weeks (fri 20th) and i'll be just 12 weeks by then! hopefully the scan date will be quickly after that, definitely NOT waiting til 20 weeks, I'm already crapping it!

Thank you everybody! I got my first antenatal appointment sent through yesterday, another 2 weeks (fri 20th) and i'll be just 12 weeks by then! hopefully the scan date will be quickly after that, definitely NOT waiting til 20 weeks, I'm already crapping it!

Some places do the booking in appointment and 12 week scan at the same appointment?

You may want to call and see if this is the case?

xxxxxxxx

Good luck with everything, don't let them forget you. You need you're nuchal scan done between 11-14 weeks if 'm not mistaken so whoever advised your 1st scan will be done at 20 weeks is incorrect. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back