2 doctors appointments... grrr

dani7919

Reaction score
I booked a doctors appointment on 29th December to say that I'm pregnant and he said that I need to do a urine test to confirm it (standard procedure).

I've had the results back (positive) and was told I need to book a doctors appointment. I asked what about the midwife appointment and they said I need to see the doctor first who needs to refer me to the midwife.

I am already about 7 weeks pregnant, they couldn't give me a doctors appointment before 25th January (I'll be 10 weeks then) then I will have to wait to be referred to the midwife, who will then refer me to a scan. It just seems pointless having that 2nd doctors appointment. :wall2:

I feel a bit better now I've ranted!

Has anyone else had to do the same thing??

i did HPT and went to see gp the next day, he never asked for a urine sample just took my word for it, he just refered me to midwife and within a week i got my midwife appointment (at 5wks 3days) and about a week later got my scan date... i think its different at every doctors surgery.. but least you wont have to wait long after seeing your midwife for you scan.. ive had all mine early, even my bloods have been taken.. i havent got my scan till the 31st jan but seems like it was ages away at the time... time has been going quickly though.

Just contact your local midwife direct - what a rediculous unecessary wait!! Go on...be a rebel and bypass the doc!
I'm just waiting on midwife contacting me. I had doc appointment half hour after my BFP!! I called, asked for an appointment and she said can you come in 10 mins?? woo hoo!! As it was Xmas had to hand in my urine sample a week later and they never asked me to go back to doctor at all! Why would a doctor need you? You're not ill! Surely they are just wasting their own precious time?? Just call midwife, what a lot of nonsence!!
Hope it goes ok
Tx

Why don't you ask for a phone consultation with your GP and ask them directly to refer you to the midwife? That way it's a quick 2 mins on the phone and probably much sooner than the end of the month?

Thanks for letting me know. I thought it was a bit ridiculous making me see a doctor again. I phoned them again today and asked them what happens and they said it was to discuss which hospital I will be going to.. I already discussed that with them on my first appointment but the receptionist was insistant I need to see the doctor again.

I've got a number for the local community midwifes and I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow, mainly to find out how long it takes before I will get a scan date. I'm so concerned that I'll be about 10 weeks pregnant before the doctor will see me and god knows how long I'll wait for a midwife appointment then a scan appointment.. I just really can't see it happening within 2 weeks.

Im 10 weeks today and my 1st midwife appointment is on the 24th of this month by which point i'll be 12 weeks.

Well I bypassed the doctor and found the midwife's number who was soooo helpful. She couldn't understand why I'd be given another doctor's appointment either and she said I'd be better cancelling it and coming to them direct anyway.

She took all my details and said if I've not heard from them by Sunday with an appointment time then I should call back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back