No appointments yet...

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
I've still got no appointments - no MW, no scan date :eh:

My GP wouldn't refer me to the hospital until I was 8 weeks. They assure me that the letter has been sent but when I rung the hospital, they say they haven't got it so I'm currently phoning in between the two until the hospital say they've got it :wall2:

Just want an appointment to look forward to so I feel like I'm 'in the system'!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Hope you get something soon hun :hug: Keep ringing xx

My M/W appointment came through about 8 weeks but it took ages to get my 12 week scan date through. I think it was 5 days before the actual scan but just had my 20 week date and it's in another 4 weeks! I can't wait that long lol
Hope you get everything sorted soon x x

When i first went to see my doctor, he wouldn't referred me / send any letters until i returned when i was 8 weeks (which was last week). So i went back to see him, which i kind of felt i was wasting the doctors time, to just be referred.

Don't panic, i am sure they will come through soon, just the first 12 weeks seem sssssssoooooo long don't they??

i saw my m/w at 8wks didnt get my scan thru tho for weeks and didnt see consultant till 15wks

I've not heard anything yet either and in Glasgow you don't get a midwife appointment just your scan date through and it's all dealt with in the same appointment. Like you I'm desperate to hear when my appointment is :wall2:

I couldn't get a doctors or midwife appointment for weeks so the first time I saw someone was at my scan last week. Had all my blood tests done then, weight etc. My sis who is pregnant had about 3 appointments before her first scan though.

Last edited:
It seems to vary so much - the old postcode lottery!

I have phoned the hospital and the do now at least have my letter from the doctor so I'm in the system and should get a letter soon. It seems that I'm the same as you SnappyKat - no MW appt till the first scan which seems a bit rubbish to me!

I'm going along to the Community Midwife session this morning to make myself feel better!

SPC xx

Ooh a community midwife session , that sounds good, is that like a drop in group where you can talk to a midwife if you have questions?

Last time in my area (Berkshire) you see the docs , then you can't see the midwife till at least 10 weeks then she posts off the docs to the hosp, jus like yours. Then you wait a week for them to arrive and ring up for a scan date apparently. If they don't have it yet, you have to wait and she said if they still haven't got it by 12 weeks, take a photcopy of your notes and take them in personally ! Very strange system, I would have thought with technology as good as it is nowaday, scanned docs and email confirmation would be much better !

Hope you get dates soon, then you have a date to work towards

Well... I thought it was a drop-in and just turned up to find that you had to book a slot! So, I've booked in for next Wednesday. There was nothing on the leaflet to say you had to book so was a bit miffed!

I did get a letter from the hospital yesterday but all it said was that I had to phone them 7 days after receiving the letter to book an appointment...!?!?! :wall2: Very strange system...I'm going to phone them today anyway!

SPC xx

Just phoned the hospital and it seems the Dr. put on my referal letter that my LMP was 11th April, not 11th March - no wonder they were in no hurry to get me booked in :wall2:

I have now been booked in to see a midwife next Wednesday :dance: I will then get my scan date.

Feel much better now!!

SPC xx

bah im 12 weeks and havent seen anyone! first appt is tuesday with the midwife so god knows when my scan will be glad i went private at 9 weeks now! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back