When did you...

EmiLou123

Reaction score
Move your lo's to a pushchair rather than the pram and your reasons why? My boy is 5 months old and screams when he goes in his pram now... I know you're not meant to move until 6 months but just wanted to know your opinions!

Thanks! Xxx

tapatalking x

I never used the pram bit, he just looked lost in it when he was born and then when we tried again he'd grown too much!
We clipped the car seat on instead and then when he was about 5 months got a stroller and used that.
I didn't know you had to use a pram till 6 months, I think it's what suits you and your baby best, if he's not liking it try something different!

Ava is still in a pram it grows with her so it started as a carrier and now were into pram she still has plenty of space in there! But I think it's down to preference on what you feel is best for your little one! X

Jackson grew out of his pram 3/4m old. Was already sitting up straight. He prefers to see everything too.

His buggy can lie flat if needed which I do when he naps xxxxx

Harry absolutely hates his car seat with a passion!! He hates feeling enclosed. We have a double buggy for the boys and Harry has been in it for about a month now so from around 16 weeks. We tip his seat back slightly and he absolutely loves being forward facing and being able to see whats going on. I can't wait until he's big enough for a forward facing car seat because most car journeys are a nightmare, he's screaming in minutes unless we leave when he's tired x

James was in carrycot part for the first 5 months - we actually moved him to sitty up part of pram the day he turned 5 months..

xxxxx

Last edited:
We've go a quinny buzz and we started putting Ethan in the seat unit in the reclined position when he was 3 months. He absolutely hated being in the carrycot! Xx

G was about 3.5 months, She was sitting completely unaided not too long after though. X

O is 17 weeks & I have him in a pushchair now, tilted back slightly. He was originally in a carseat travel system thingy but he's just too long & looked uncomfortable clipped on. He's forward facing, nosey & loves it. He "talks" to everyone walking past.

Thanks for all the replies :) ... I think it's worth giving it a go - going out walking at the minute it's a nightmare! We have a quinny something (zapp possibly?) which can be used from birth (apart from in uk as our guidelines are different to other countries apparently) so I'll either try that or the pushchair attachment on the pram base thing. It's not as if we can't switch back if it didn't work out xxx

tapatalking x

My babies are just 10 weeks, and ive taken off the carrycots already, they are just too narrow on my baby jogger double and they get too hot in them. The seat says suitable from borth and lays flat if need be, they are currently strapped in and slightly inclined, and seem to love it :)

Your twinnies are gorgeous :) ... my lo is almost 21 weeks and he sits up (supported), I've dug the pushchair attachment out for the big pram and it reclines quite far... feeling a bit sad that my little boy is growing up too fast though! Xxx

tapatalking x

My babies are just 10 weeks, and ive taken off the carrycots already, they are just too narrow on my baby jogger double and they get too hot in them. The seat says suitable from borth and lays flat if need be, they are currently strapped in and slightly inclined, and seem to love it :)

Do you have the City Select? We do for our boys and love it!!

Do you have the City Select? We do for our boys and love it!!

Yes we do :) I was a bit disPpointed with how small thecarycots are, buti i love it in every other way, so easy to use :)

I've just moved Evan into the pram bit. I bought the carrycot instead of a moses basket but he only slept in it for 6 weeks before I moved him to his cot as he was flailing around. Bought a snug insert for the pram so he can lie flat. Wish I could have got more use from the carrycot...

Eilidh moved into the seat part at about 3 months, as she was getting more alert and staying awake more when out in it.....I wasnt keen on the carrcot bit as she couldnt see anything out of it and shes such a nosey baby! the seat part did recline far back and had a cosey toes so was well padded xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Walked into town (about a 3 mile round trip) and I would say much more successful than the pram bit! He seemed much happier being able to look around! He too is nosey and likes to smile at randomers lol :) xxx

tapatalking x

I moved E at 12 weeks as she outgrew her carrycot. She much preferred it and still loves it.
Xxx

I really worry about their backs and being supported so my youngest is still squeezed into the carrycot and my eldest went into the pushchair bit at just over 5 months!

I moved Aaron at 5 months after taking him out shopping one day and having to take his shoes off to squeeze him in the carrycot :rotfl:

I was praying no one would see me and call me a bad mother!

I swear he grew overnight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back