When did you...

Haha oh dear, poor Aaron... I think some nights they do have random growths/developments though! I have been using the pushchair for a couple of days now, but it's facing me still! I will turn it round. One day. Don't want to rush this baby stage!

tapatalking x

Luca's only 5 months and he cries a lot, so it's easier to see to him (shove dummy back in) if he's facing me... although, thinking about it... hopefully he's not crying because he's facing me... didn't think of that! Ha...

tapatalking x

My girl has been sitting up since 5 months quite well until then she was in the car seat but cried all the time I think she was very restricted, hot and uncomfortable plus she wanted to see everything so we switched to the stroller and she loves it! Much more comfortable for her :)

I moved Aaron at 5 months after taking him out shopping one day and having to take his shoes off to squeeze him in the carrycot :rotfl:

I was praying no one would see me and call me a bad mother!

I swear he grew overnight!

My boy's the same. I took him out the moses basket one morning and put him back in it that same night and was too big for it?! I was like wtf?!

We stopped using the carry cot at about 8-10 weeks when he decided he hated it. He would scream the entire time he was in it! I think it was too small, he couldn't be nosey in it and he doesn't like being laid completely flat.

We use the car seat on the pram just now. He likes it so much better and I'm trying to get my money's worth from it, cos I reckon he'll be grown out of it by the time he's 5 months! If we're out for long periods we take the pushchair and lie it back if he needs to sleep etc.

JJ is 12 weeks and has nearly outgrown his car seat, which is apparently supposed to do up until 12 - 18 months or 30 pounds. He doesn't even weigh half that and it's already snug!

We tried him in the sit up bit of the travel system at the weekend and took him for a long walk...he loved it! He's doing really well with keeping his head up - it doesn't really wobble at all anymore - and he already pulls himself up into a sitting position somehow...he's very nosy too, so loved looking around at everything :)

Don't worry about age you are "supposed" to do things....go with what feels right for you and bubba xx

Do you have a head support in your car seat that can be removed? It seems strange that your lo is outgrowing it already unless he is particularly long? My lo still has plenty of room in his for the time being... I've heard that they can stay in it as long as their head doesn't go over the top... (and they're not over the weight limit) xxx

tapatalking x

I can't remember exactly, but he outgrew his carrycot at about 4 months. He could sit for short periods though and the pushchair goes flat. We bought a maclaren soon afterwards, so he was forward facing in that from about 4.5 months.

@chezza - that can't be right surely? Is there an insert you can remove as Emilou says? J is a very tall baby and just under 91st centile weight and still fits his first stage car seat at 8 months!

Last edited:
I don't really know the difference between a pram and a pushchair...

I think of a pram as a carrycot, and a pushchair as a stroller...

Cay was in his car seat or sling when he was little. About four months he wanted to see out more than the sling would allow so we put him in the carrycot but sat him up at one end.

Now he's in a lay-flat pushchair, which is suitable from birth to about three years. Xx

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374654646.726827.jpg
This is him in his carrycot. He loved being like this 'cause he felt really grown up, I think xx

Do you have a head support in your car seat that can be removed? It seems strange that your lo is outgrowing it already unless he is particularly long? My lo still has plenty of room in his for the time being... I've heard that they can stay in it as long as their head doesn't go over the top... (and they're not over the weight limit) xxx

tapatalking x

No, no head support or padding to take out...he is quite long - daddy is 6ft 4ins though.

Thinking we might have to buy another car seat already lol! xx

Check with a baby place, I got told off for removing the wedge too soon. Apparently they are supposed to look squished and it's dangerous to move them into a bigger seat too soon xx

Check with a baby place, I got told off for removing the wedge too soon. Apparently they are supposed to look squished and it's dangerous to move them into a bigger seat too soon xx

Really?? He looks so uncomfortable and it's a struggle to get my hands round the back of him to get him out of the seat! Thanks for the tip though...we are going to a massive Kiddicare outlet on Friday...will see if they can offer some advice, thanks hun :) xx

Last edited:
Chezza, my son's the same with the car seat. We're looking to get a new one for him on the weekend cos I put him in it the other day and his head almost touched the top! We took the wedge out about 6 weeks and the head support out at 12 ish. My son is long/tall too. He's only four months and wears 6-9 months clothes for his height.

I like the look of the maxi-cosi opal, it's a group 0 and 1 combined and can be rear and forward facing. I think the issue with moving onto the next car seat too soon is that they tend to only be forward facing, and it's safer to be rear facing as long as possible. If I'd known I was going to give birth to a giant I probably would've got this car seat to begin with!

Surely it can't be good for their little backs to be all squished in with the wedge for too long?! My son looked so awkward and uncomfortable with the wedge. We took ot out when it got to the stage where we had to lift the head support cushion up higher than the wedge would go, so there was a gap between the seat and the wedge!

Surely it can't be good for their little backs to be all squished in with the wedge for too long?! My son looked so awkward and uncomfortable with the wedge. We took ot out when it got to the stage where we had to lift the head support cushion up higher than the wedge would go, so there was a gap between the seat and the wedge!

That's what I thought too. Apparently their backs need to be like that for the first 12 weeks. I was made to feel very bad though, even though Evan is fine.

What a cutie!! Love his dungarees :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back