When did you really notice your bump?

bizzygirl101

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am going fr a scan on 2nd Jan. I am 12 weeks 5 days gone, and a little worried, I feel totally normal and have tried feeling for my uterus, i.e just above my pubic bone, but I cant feel anything. I know that this depends on tummy muscles, but trust me mine are not that good!
Just wondered when any of you really noticed a bump or could feel a hardening, you know?

Maybe I am being a bit previous. I know I only have a little while to wait before my scan and all is revealed but I am still of course worried! Worried! always smething to worry about isnt there!! :x

Hello!

It was probably around 14-15 weeks when I first started to feel my uterus when I laid down. I've only just started to get a bit of a visible bump now and this is my second. With my first, I didn't have a noticeable bump (i.e. I didn't look pregnant to other people) until I was around 20-22 weeks. Everyone and every pregnancy is different though - I've definitely read other people who have been able to feel a bit of a bump at 12 weeks.

So try not to worry - you'll get to see your bean soon enough on the scan and you'll be able to relax!

LBxx

Hi littlebump! Thanks for that, reassuring. I have heard that it takes longer with your first, you know what its like are forever rushing thru weks and thinking you are further than you think and not experiencing what you should be! I thinks it because I feel normal as well! I suppose I should be gratefull, but at the moment it is really easy to forget I am even pregnant!

:lol: :lol:

I know what you mean - I didn't have any symptoms at all this time around - it was very easy to forget I was pregnant. But you are only a few weeks away from having a bump and feeling lots of kicks - you'll get constant reassurance then!

Good luck with the scan

LBxx

mine was quite early and I was in pg clothes from quite early on but this isn't my first pg and I had twins last time...

All depends on the individual.

Good luck with your scan :hug:

Thanks guys. I am half dreading it half excited! Hopefully I will be on here Tuesday afternoon going on about how wonderfull it was!

Bring on the maternity clothes and lots and lots of kicks!!!

:dance:

I have had a symptom free pregnancy, havent even noticed I am PG until around 27 weeks when I had a noticable bump!! Never had an active baby, kicks are always gentle, and it has caused me no end of worry!!! Lazy like its daddy me thinks!!

Everyone keeps telling me how neat I am, and I was a curv size 16 before, but have stayed active walking everyday...everyone is different, I have friends PG due same time as me, who have ballooned, and were showing their bumps from early days....

Enjoy your changing body, and you will be glad if you stay neat, believe me. It makes life much easier and more comfortable!! xxxx

I gto my bump at 13 q/2 weeks noticed nothing before that.. I have read heaps of posts where people didn't feel prganat so wouldn't worry...good luck for the scan

Try lying down flat in bed or on the floor. And place your flattened palm on one hip bone ( or in my case where the hip bone ought to be ) and then firmly move your hand across from one hip to the othe other. You might be able to feel your bump sticking up in the middle as your hand runs across it.

I was desperate to look pregnant too and feel kicks and everything. It will happen honestly,but it just feels like its going to take forever to feel really pregnant. :wall:

Now I have a bump, I`m always getting it out and my mum had to ask me to put it away on xmas day at the dinner table, i got carried away. LOL

Hey..........good luck for your scan today hope all goes well and you get a nice piccie to post later :cheer:

I got my bump around 14 weeks I think, it just sort of popped over the weekend around that point and all of a sudden I looked pg rather than a little wobbly :lol: & its been growing ever since :cheer:

I'm 19 weeks and I just feel a bit like I've eaten too many pies! If I turn to the side, I look wide from just under my boobs downwards but there's no real baby lump! I need one of those t-shirts saying "pregnant, not fat"!

I agree about lying down though, you will feel your uterus better on your back! Once you've had your scan, you'll know where to feel too!

Hi

Good luck for your scan hun, everyone is different , hopefully you will get your bump soon!! Cant wait to see pics.
Katrina

Hi Hun,

I think i posted a simialr message when i was around 12-13 weeks. The books all said my uterus should pop out above my pubic bone and i should be able to feel it.

Yeah whatever :eek:)

The last week over christmas i have suddenly just started to look pregnant. I had a few days of a debatable bump that was bigger in the evenings but now i definately have one.

So please don't worry, i'm sure everything is fine :eek:) and good luck for you scan.

Love Laura
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back