When did you notice your first baby kick?

andreaaa

Reaction score
This isn't my first baby so I started feeling flutters with baby bump ages ago but I've not had any "proper" kicks yet and I don't feel him moving very often. Is this normal? When did you first feel a kick?

Ooooo but a nice thing I have noticed is that me and hubby can feel which side of my tummy baby bump is lying on just by feeling from the outside :)

i found out that what i was feeling was baby kicks around the 18/19 week mark
cant really feel the hard kicks now and have been able to from about 20/21 weeks
manda xx

Hey Hon,

No proper kicks here yet either. They have sort of progressed from butterfly flutters to little taps. Hope to feel a kick ina week or two.

B xx

Thanks for the replies girls, you've put my mind at rest a little :)

I know I'll be complaining towards the end when he starts kicking me in the ribs (very painful!) but now I just want to feel something more definate so I know he's ok. I do listen to his hb on the doppler every couple of days so I know he's ok really I would just find it more reassuring to feel something more :)

Becs - my baby taps too, but only if I drink pepsi... must be the e-numbers :D

17 weeks for baby #1

17 weeks for baby #2

16 weeks for baby #3

after 20 weeks, I fet proper kicks, and now I dont get more than 1 hours peace! Its a very active baby, compared to my other 2!!

Im certain I felt my first proper kicks last night as I was having a lay down on the sofa before I made tea.

Before that I have felt flutters and butterflies and slowly progressing to stronger movements.

I felt a flutter when i was 18 weeks, since then i am not sure if i have felt anything else. I feel like a sharp twinge every now and then and wonder if that could be it but i dont no.

This is my first pregnancy and im not even showing that much either. Im almost half way there and no one can tell i am pregnant....

Didn't get proper boots until about 23/24 weeks but i have an anterior placenta that cushions it from outside, so still only occasionally feel them from outside!

Flutters around 13 weeks, first kick at 17 weeks

About 22 weeks for DD, 17 weeks for Eefie and I think today (15+4) for Boygi :D

Mine was 18 weeks and one day - I only know that cos it was the morning after our wedding and lying in bed I suddenly felt a proper kick. Now the little thing won't stay still! I felt flutters before that though, but not kicks, just like little bubbles.

20 weeks for me - nearly 21 weeks when I felt a proper kick

I had been feeling baby move about for ages but no kicks till then

i felt movement from about 18 weeks but didnt feel a proper kick as such until about 24/.25 wks. OH couldn't feel anything until about 31wks cos the lil madam would stop moving as soon as he put his hand on my belly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back