When Did You Move LO To Own Room?

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
Odhráns still in with me, right up beside my bed (my doing :blush:).. When C was here we had planned to move him into his room after his first birthday but obviously with everything that has happened I haven't quite got round to it.. I know it's best for him but I will miss him in the room with me, how late is too late? I put him in his cot 9 times out of 10 he's awake, he will settle himself within minutes and as a rule sleeps all night.. He is almost 14 months x

Odhráns still in with me, right up beside my bed (my doing :blush:).. When C was here we had planned to move him into his room after his first birthday but obviously with everything that has happened I haven't quite got round to it.. I know it's best for him but I will miss him in the room with me, how late is too late? I put him in his cot 9 times out of 10 he's awake, he will settle himself within minutes and as a rule sleeps all night.. He is almost 14 months x

Who says it's best for him? You're his mother, you know yourself whats best for him and if that is him sleeping in your room then theres nothing wrong with that. DD was in my room in my bed until she was 2 nearly 3. At the time that was the place that was best for her. If you feel it's best for him then do it now x

Drake won't be moving into his own room till he's one. My eldest shared a room with me till he was 2! Like Helen said, do what feels right for you and Odhran.

Thanks girls, I love him in with me but the HV said it would be best to get him into his own room asap, she said it would be easier for him to adjust to it younger, how did your 2 find going into their own room a bit older? X

I put DS in his own room at 4 months. We lived in a tiny maisonette so it was practically the same room anyway. Plus, I had a movement sensor monitor for my own piece of mind. He was a great sleeper and still is because he was used to his own environment and settling himself to sleep as we used to put him down awake. Even now at 4 and since the age of 3 he goes to the loo in the night and takes himself back to bed.

I don't think you should feel pressured into doing anything before you're ready as if he doesnt take to it straight away you'll feel awful.

Not sure what I'll do this time round, hopefully the same but if I don't feel ready then I won't. Xxxx

oh now i feel slightly bad....j was about 5 weeks. purely for the fact we kept waking him up. OH was snoring, out bed creaks horrendously and would wake him up whenever we rolled over. then j would wake us up if he had a whinge in the night or broke wind......so between the three of us we never ever slept at all! xxxxxx do it when you both feel ready!!! xxxxx

If I'm being honest, if I hadn't of been in my mums when he was born, I would probably have moved him in a lot younger with the monitors and sensor mat, we didn't move here until he was 8months and then I wanted him in with me until he got used to his new home iykwim? xx

I moved my lo at about 4 1/2 months. He was already sleeping through and we found we were occasionally disturbing him. Do whatever is right for you, oh and lo.

i agree with helen! youre his mummy, you know whats best for him! K went in her own room about 9 months, cos KS couldnt be arsed to do her a room :roll: but E went in with K as soon as we moved in here and she was just under 6 months, probs would have been earlier for both of them if i had chance cos they both slept thru from 6 weeks! but if its right for you to keep him in with you, then stick to it!

I live with my mum and brother and PH so there's no spare bedrooms, she will be staying with me a very long time haha x

LO is still in our room as we havent got a spare room either and he is 9 months old now although ive also either hubby snoring or me aving bad dreams that could be disturbing LO an our bedroom floor boards creak to high heaven i hate it, it makes LO stir. It wont be long when i can transfer him being in his own room before i wasnt so ready when we was going to do a room up but it was to cold in there but the thought bout him moving him in another room without me there yeah we will be having monitors on but i still worry that i wont hear him although think hubby wants the monitors out the room so it helps us not have distrubed sleep as baby can wake in the night talking to himself lol.
Im looking foward to much more needed sleep and i think im about ready for LO to go into his own room i wasnt before but i think i am :D im excited cant wait to plan his ickle room up :D lol x

my little lady went in on friday night, but has been sleeping all night since 3 weeks old, (fab i know!)

i was really worried about her, but like squeakz said, we were waking her up, and she has slept much better in her own room, we still put her in her cot at 10pm and her mobile on, in a dark room, and touch wood shes been fine :)

im a bit worried that were going away in 5 weeks and will all be in 1 bedroom again for 10 days, i hope she settles back in her own room again then, and we dont disturb her too much when were away, lol

like the others have said, ur mummy, do what you feel is best, maybe try it for 1 night, see how things go for your both?

xxx

Cahal was only 10 weeks when we moved him into his own room, but it was only because he outgrew his Moses basket and we couldn't fit his cot in with us. I hated moving him but in hindsight it was the best thing to do because he started sleeping better almost immediately - OHs snoring was obviously keeping him awake!

First of all i am so jealous at everyone who's baby is sleeping through, William's still waking for a night feed, but i'm trying to stop it but its not easy. Anyway he hated his moses basket and always ended up sleeping between us, which meant we didn't sleep because we were so scared of squashing him! He went in his own room after a month and settles very easily in there now. I had intended to keep in our room longer than that though and will just see how it goes when this baby arrives. I think you trust your instincts though, you're his mummy and you know him best, i'd take what the health visitor says with a pinch of salt xx

DD was 4 months because she outgrew the Moses basket and the cot wouldn't fit through our bedroom door! DS seems even longer so he will be going in his own room around the same time. I was fine with that though and I only have a very basic baby monitor.

Just moved Isla into her room tonight! Feeling a bit nervous and like something missing from
my room! Got the movement sensor monitor all set up so that makes me feel better.

Fingers crossed the night goes well!

we only have a one bedroom apartment (its sooo expensive to rent in london! :( ) so our LO will be in with us for the next few years i can imagine!!! i like having him so close though and i sometimes put him in bed with us after his 5am feed until we get up at 8! i like the closeness!! =)))

First of all i am so jealous at everyone who's baby is sleeping through, William's still waking for a night feed, but i'm trying to stop it but its not easy. Anyway he hated his moses basket and always ended up sleeping between us, which meant we didn't sleep because we were so scared of squashing him! He went in his own room after a month and settles very easily in there now. I had intended to keep in our room longer than that though and will just see how it goes when this baby arrives. I think you trust your instincts though, you're his mummy and you know him best, i'd take what the health visitor says with a pinch of salt xx

hey hun have you just tried the dummy trick cos he might be waking out of habit at this stage or that sleep regression or is he just a hungrier baby :D lol. x

we only have a one bedroom apartment (its sooo expensive to rent in london! :( ) so our LO will be in with us for the next few years i can imagine!!! i like having him so close though and i sometimes put him in bed with us after his 5am feed until we get up at 8! i like the closeness!! =)))

We do this too and we snooze till about 9am. I love it!

We do this too and we snooze till about 9am. I love it!

i really like it, but 2 hours or so is enough for me as i dont really sleep as well as i do when hes in his cot if you get me as im too aware of him being there and he wiggles SOOO much in his sleep lol! OH wanted to co-sleep all the time but i had to say no! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back