Bedrooms

lanny

Reaction score
Well we have 3 bedrooms monty 6 is in the biggest me and o/h are in the middle size and dolly 2 is in the box room.
Anyway we are thinking of putting herbie 3 months and dolly together as monty has school etc and dont want him getting woke up with a baby in his room.

So we have measured and our double bed will just to say fit in the box room so we are going in there:shock:

put monty in the middle room and the other two in the bed room.
My problem is when should I do it?
Dolly go's to bed a 7pm awake and is asleep in 5 mins and wakes up about 7am next morning.
herbie has his last feed about 10-10:30pm and sleeps till 7am.
I'm scared if I put them in the same room everything will mess up.
and I cant just move us all back again as it will be a huge task changing all the rooms about in the first place.
Herbie is still in his basket in our room so should I put him in the cot in our room first then change bedrooms around or put him in his cot in his own room?

I was find with my other two they had there own rooms I dont like this whole sharing thing I need a bigger house lol

I hear you! I'm hinting like mad for a 4 bed!

Hmm I think maybe it would be easier getting herbie used to the cot in your room first. I think getting him used to the cot and the new room might unsettle him a bit. In the mean time I would take herbie into his new bedroom a couple of times a day so he can get used to it?

Sorry I can't offer any proper advice!

thanks yodabo what you going to do then put the bigger two together and the baby on his own? or the two youngest together?

well i have no choice i need a 4 bedroom house :( and we have to sell our 3 bed and go on the council waiting list but we only need it because my dd9 is disabled and cant share a room at the mo my dd10 and dd6 share ds9 in on his own and me hubby and ds2 in our room got to move him in with the girls after xmas as he is jumping all over me in the mornings and im getting scared he might do some harm to bump if ds9 could share id stay in my 3 bed and put boys in together and girls in together

Last edited:
thanks yodabo what you going to do then put the bigger two together and the baby on his own? or the two youngest together?

Well we're in a bit of a pickle really with the rooms. We have 3 bedrooms, none of which are very big. Our room is the biggest but with fitted cupboards every can only have the bed in one place and just about have walking space.

Before I fell pregnant, we took dominic (7) out of his room (the smallest room) to decorate as it still had the same colours in there from when he were a baby lol. So he ended up sharing with his older brother josh (14) Josh has one of those bunk beds which the bottom starts off as a seat but pulls out into a double bed.

Now as i'd fallen pregnant everyone presumed that the baby would have the Doms room so my father in law offered to help to do it up and buy stuff for it. It was only when it was donr we thought about the practicality of the room snd maybe it wouldv been wise to do out joshs room as josh can have Doms room and Dom and the baby can have the bigger room. (we already talked about Dom and the baby sharing and he seemed fine with it) Josh is kinder needing his own space now he's a teenager. But the problem we have now is Dom wants his room on his own! I feel like I can't deny him his own room when initially we were doing it out for him! Hubby said to put him in there for now till the baby is ready to go in there and he'll have to stay sharing with josh then..thing is he's left it too late (still needs a replacement window) we'd need to borrow a single bed and it's getting to the point where the baby is outgrowin his Moses basket! Argghh! I wish I had the room for the cot in our room but we haven't!

Hubby doesn't seem fazed about it all, I tryingt to make sure Dom isnt put out of place but what do I do?

I want to do up this house and get out of here! It's just not big enough!

its a nightmare my rooms aren't too bad I have 2 big doubles then a box room I can put herbies cot up in my room so I might just do that for now then worry about it in a few months.
Must be hard for dom there's noway monty wants to share he is not even happy about moving out of the biggest room lol.
It all herbie,s stuff I find hard its all in our room think thats why I want the rooms sorted so his toys clothes etc can be put away in his room.
No way we will be able to move none of the houses around us are selling some been up for over a year so think we will be staying put.
I better not moan too much tho as o/h told me all this when I wanted another lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back