What is going on?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by AcrylicAbi, Mar 14, 2016.

1. AcrylicAbi

AcrylicAbi Member

Hi everyone. I'm new :)

However for a confusing reason!

I was on the coil for two years and had it taken out on the 15th December, I then went on the pill and my body decided that doesn't work for me. Not for the first time - I have a six year old who's a pill baby too. My first period was the 4th January and nothing since!

Ten days ago I went for a dating scan and found I wasn't as far gone as I had initially thought. Sack was 5mm and was told I was five weeks. But for me to come back ten days later for a rescan. Which happened today. The sac has grown to 15mm and whereas she was expecting to see a near 7wk foetus - she didn't. The sac may have grown and yoc sac there however, no heart beat was detective and she's put me at 5-6wks. But I have to go for bloods as she can't guarantee the pregnancy hasn't stopped. I'm back in for a rescan two weeks tomorrow but I'm going out of my mind not knowing one way or another!

I have two healthy children already and never miscarried before.

Has anyone had this happen? I know there is a very high chance it's a blighted ovum and the baby has died. I also don't feel pregnant anymore, the sickness has stopped and the need for bacon is non existent now.

2. Cookie24

Cookie24 Well-Known Member

did she ask for a second opinion? When I had my miscarriage back in Nov she couldn't detect a HB and asked for another person to confirm, i didn't have any signs as I didn't bleed nor had any pains so it could possible that u have miscarriaged which I am sorry to hear (if that is the case). X

3. Cookie24

However she may have gotten it wrong, X

4. AcrylicAbi

AcrylicAbi Member

No, this was a private scan so it's only her.

5. scn

scn Well-Known Member

She won't need a second opinion if there was no fetal pole the there won't be a heartbeat to confirm it's absence.
    Go to your GP and get a referral to your EPU and get scanned and followed up there xx good luck xx

6. Cookie24

I guess some hospitals are different as they did it in my dating scan x