What have you bought so far?

Ive bought everything except for a matress for the crib and moses basket, cotton wool, a can of milk powder just in case annnd i think thats about it!! just have to buy nightshirts for me for labour, breast pads, cheap underwear, maternity pads etc but thats it!

I think I've still a few bits to buy, but all can come from tescos lol

Its easier to list what we still have to buy

Breast pump

Nursery decoration - curtains cot bumper and quilt etc..

baby monitor

6 more bottles

nursery furniture - waiting for in laws to order it!

Ive finally bought something!! Bought our pram the other day for a whole £40!! It looks brand new, its the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxein black and grey kind of velvety material. I didnt want the car seat with it so its just got the newborn insert and it looks sooooooooo cute!! Ill post a pic when I get chance!!

Great choice i had this one for DD and sold it a month ago as i now need a double. Its heavy and big in the boot but worth it and very solid and comfy for bubs! I loved the colour you got, i had it too and when i sold it it still looked like new.

I am well and truly letting the side down as I haven't bought a thing yet! Waiting to get xmas out of the way then we can start thinking about it.

MuppetMummy - what were the things that you didn't use last time around? Would be good to know what it isn't worth bothering with.

I've not bought anything but I don't really need anything. I will buy some nice outfits later on but that's probably it.

Im trying to buy things each month then its not such a big expense, because I have to buy a car. I need to buy before the end of Feb as I will have been without a car for 2 years and will loose my 8 years no claims bonus if I dont get one before then.

So far I have bought:-

Cot bumper
Cot pillow & quilt set
Rocking nursing chair & foot rest (its heaven, I could sleep in it)!!
Nappy wrapper
Baby monitor
A pack of 6 baby grows

My friends SIL who only had her baby in April gave us a brnad new moses basket and lots of clothes today and I have also been given a cot/bed & travel cot from my SIL.

I'm really enjoying getting ready this time round, I was quite young when I had my girls and was on a really tight budget. So far I have:

6 babygros - in white
3 Little hats
3 Bibs
3 Scratch mits - All of these match each other
tiny white socks
lots of nappys and wipes
All bedroom furniture including bedding except cot and crib
boncer chair
steriliser
Still lots to get though!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online