How much stuff have you bought so far??

bumpmakes3

Reaction score
Hello girlies :wave:

Just wondering how much stuff everyone's bought. So far I've bought absolutely nothing. Zilch. We said we wouldn't start buying anything till after Christmas at least but just curious to see where everyone else is up to.

My main motivation however is that I've just seen the buggy and car seat that I want on ebay for £90 instead of the £300 it'd be new. This is the best bargain I've come across yet and have just got to convince DH it's a good plan. Hearing from you guys is going to be ammunition for my cause :D

i think the same thread was made a couple days ago hun.
ever that or im going mad :)
ive brought quite a bit just odds and ends really to get after xmas/in the sales
my mother is going half's with me on the pram and furniture i want so it a little less cost :)
manda xx

We've got a cupboard full of stuff but nothing really "big' if you know what I mean.

We have a few toys, a few outfits, mitts, hats, socks, bibs, nappies, something stupid like 35 short sleeved vests (got carried away and kept buying cute ones LOL). We bought the ELC Sit Me Up Cosy which is gorgeous. We love the Blossom farm range. Too cute :D

Just ordered our travel system which should be here within 2 weeks although the car seat arrived an hour ago as it had to be ordered from elsewhere. We have the crib but are having trouble getting hold of the rest of the nursery furniture we want.

We haven't bought anything like a sterliser yet. We need to get our butts in gear I think. Part of me is starting to panic so we're going to make a list this week. :D

i think the same thread was made a couple days ago hun.
ever that or im going mad

Probably was sorry hun - I've had puter problems the last few days and am just trying to catch up with the important stuff like this rather than work emails
:rotfl:

I feel better about starting to buy stuff listening to you guys and I don't know what you mean about not being organised Debbie - sounds verrreeee organised to me!

I thnk part of the reluctance to buy is that I somehow think it's all soooooo far away because I've got no bump or symptoms or anything. It's just business as usual without the alcohol round here. I look at people like Debbie and others in 2nd tri, thinking somehow their due dates are months and months closer than mine and it seems perfectly reasonable them buying stuff but too early for me because I'm so far behind them all - d'oh :doh:

awww bless you hun
im sure you will be motivated soon enough to buy things
i think with xmas on our doorstep its hard anyway
manda xx

Don't worry. We hadn't bought a single thing, and I mean nothing, until our 20 week scan which was done at 20+4. :D

we've bought a few things. We got the moses basket, mobile, matress, cot (early, i know but it was half price :cheer: ) and all the bedding. Most of everything else we have was donated by family and friends who wanted to clear their lofts out! We've got a few baby grows and vests, a changing matt, and ive just ordered the changing table/dresser. We spent about 50 quid on outfits for her last night, seeing as we now know she is a 'her'. It was lovely.

Nothing :lol:

Well, I have some breast pads (given to me by a friend that I gave them too over a year ago :rotfl: ) and a birth ball which is too small :evil:

We already have a cot and car seat from our first, in fact we do have a 3 wheeler push chair that's suitable from birth but I refuse to use it - it tried to kill me... seriously! It drags me down kerbs into the road :shock:

It will be used for when we go to see the pony though, but that's it!

oh, and i have my pram too. By brother gave us his Graco travle system, and its like brand new, which is brill!

After reading all that you'll be glad to know I've ordered the buggy and car seat thingy and am now browsing cots and dressers..... DH is delighted :rotfl:

Hi girls

Been a while since I was on so hello to you all.

We decided not to buy anything until we had our 20 week scan and since then we have gone mad and bought everything!

We went out last weekend to look for ideas and ended up buying all our furniture, bedding, pram, steriliser, etc. We are decorating the nursery now so I feel pretty organised. Yeah!

All I have is a Brevi bath/changing unit, Fisher Price bouncing cradle and a Moses basket that were given to me. They are absolutely immaculate and look like they've never been used. Other than that I haven't got anything else. My mum has told me though she has made me a hamper full of everything he needs from baby wipes to bottles etc!

I am going to get the car seat and pram after christmas i think.

bumpmakes3 said:
After reading all that you'll be glad to know I've ordered the buggy and car seat thingy and am now browsing cots and dressers..... DH is delighted :rotfl:

You go for it :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I haven't got anything...... :?

Keep thinking I need to.. but.. I don't know how/where to start!!

Think I will go SALE mad for baby things end of Dec/ Jan time.. and then stock up on everything then.

I was told, to just even buy a couple of packs of nappy's or wipes per week... so far I bought 4 packs one week.. and thats it!

x

So far I've bought a changing bag that was £25 reduced to £10, and the travel system, cos I saw it on ebay for almost half the price it is in the shops.
Will hopefully be doing some serious baby shopping after xmas, I can't wait! :D

Ive got everything! Except a matress for the crib and moses basket. all his clothes are washed and folded up in his draws! :D

We've got cute little things that we've seen like a cuddly zebra and giraffe from mothercare and a "I love daddy" babygro set that I got for oh.

We've also got him a little hat, some tiny trainers and a shawl.

We will probably start to buy the bigger things after the wedding and Christmas :dance:

weve bought a nappy stacker as it was reduced from £50 to £25 in mothercare and some bits and bobs eg clothes and bibs as weve seen them

we get paid this week so id like to get the cot bumper/quilt/blankets

think its easier to write what we havent :rotfl:

some stuff is new , some ebay specials , or presents etc

m&p pilko pram / carseat / carry cot /changing bag / raincover / footmuff
sensor mat and baby monitor
crib ( my old one ) some crib bedding / bumper ( need some more sheets)
new crib mattress
cot bedding / bumper ( again need some sheets )
nursery bundle off ebay that included curtains ,changin matt cot bedding / bumper , storage box's , clock , light show , lamp shade , nappy stacker , blankets , bouncer chair , beanbag chair , rug ( all for £50 bargain of century ! )
sterilliser (microwave one)
breast pump and pads
bouncer chair that lies flat
nappies
johnsons baby box with all toiletrees in and adding stuff like infacol etc
baby bottles ( want to express later)
saftey set ( inc medican applictors , clippers, hair brush etc )
2 grobags 1 x 1 tog 1 x 2.5 tog
all his newborn and 0-3 clothes / shoes ( too many to list :oops: )
some 3-6 clothes
muslims
bibs
nursery paint
cuddle blankey
teddies
blankets / cuddle robes / cuddle towels / bath mitts
top n tail bowl
play nest/gym

so yeh , weve got loads ! nearly everything i think !

just to go

cot and cot top changer
sling
baby gates
bath support type thing ( have naff shoulder so dont trust holding him myself

have i forgotten anything :rotfl:

( i think i may scare myself when i read this post back :rotfl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back