What have you bought so far?

Sally+Baby

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyones bought? I've only bought clothes so far, but I've been looking at all the gorgeous furniture on the net today, and it's made me want to go out and get it all :oops: I think I'll wait until after the 20 week scan though, just so I'm confident everything is still ok.

Here's the clothes I've bought so far. I know theres not many but my sisters giving us loads as she's had 3 kids, and her hubby has had the snip now!

365-155-X40s.jpg

358-173-X40s-1.jpg

354-977-X40s.jpg

This ones my absolute favourite!
354-735-X40s.jpg

353-636-X40s.jpg

They're all from Next :D
xxx

I've bought some clothes and a changing bag that was a bargain £10

thats it

I have bought a couple of muslins and a pack of babygros...

We haev been given loads of clothes and a car seat

I have chosen the pram and cot but buying after christmas...

The baby's room is nearly decorated, once that is done I will prob start stocking up more as then will have somewhere to put it all.....

lol we have gone a bit mad and have all the clothes we will need untill its 6 months old except for outfis which we will be buying once we no what sex it is.
weve got 2 carseat and 2 bouncy chairs (dad brought one round today he brought)
steriliser,bottles,dummys,extra teats,loads of baby stuff shampoo ect,wipes,nappies disposible and reusable,changing mat, some bedding,a few toys, 2 changing bags,
sure there is more lol
we have some doubles of things as people buy them for us or they came with something else!!!
manda xx

I;ve bought nothing, although i have been given a steriliser

Er... we spent about £45 at a nearly-new sale at our local school last week and bought about 60 items of clothing (including winter coats never worn for 6-9 months, perfect timing, whole sets, branded stuff etc), 6 Beatrix Potter framed pictures for the nursery, baby bath, high chair... hmm, yes we went a bit mad.

We've picked our cot and pram and just need to find it cheap.

We've been given a Moses basket.

Hmm I feel like I've gone overboard now but the stuff we bought WAS really cheap and in perfect condition :dance:

I've spent the evening sat down with the mothercare and babies r us catalogues working out how much everything we've left to buy is going to cost. It works out at just under £500 for everything including clothes for the first few weeks (basics like babygrows and vests which I'll get from Asda, not buying any outfits as we'll get given those as gifts no doubt).

That means we'll be spending just under £900 in total including the pushchair and carseat, not all that bad really. I spent just over a grand on James but bought loads of stuff I didn't really need. This time I have a better idea of whats essential so have been able to spend more on a few luxury items that I know will be very useful.

I think OH is relieved that the damage to his wallet is not gonna be as bad as he first feared. I've been quite sensible about it and have looked for the cheapest options for the things I know baby will outgrow quickly like the moses basket (£25) The most extravagent thing we'll be getting is the pram but I've chosen one that I know I'll use until baby is around 3 years old so will get moneys worth out of it.

Can't wait till after xmas when we can buy it all :D

Will be buying things like the highchair, door bouncer, baby gate etc as we need them when baby gets older.

Ive only brought a few items of clothing oh and some bottles because my sister had a money off voucher but my sister has a 9 month old so i have been given so much stuff that she no longer needs i hardly need to buy anything.
I have a cot, crib, moses basket and a travel cot so no problem with where baby is sleeping.

I still need to get furniture once nursery is done, a baby bouncer and a new matress for cot, ive chosen a pram but will get that after xmas, but then it will be just small bits like towels and baby grows.

I really didnt think i had much because none of it is at my house but now ive wrote it down its loads :oops:

i have brought every thing now!the only thin i need is a highchair, but that can wait :rotfl:

wow you're all sooooo organised, dont no when to start buying as we have xmas then want a holiday then dunno lol

ive brought nothing yet im going to wait till after 20 weeks, plus ive got loads of stuff what i used for my other children so dont have to buy much anyway :D

Ive finally bought something!! :cheer: Bought our pram the other day for a whole £40!! It looks brand new, its the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxein black and grey kind of velvety material. I didnt want the car seat with it so its just got the newborn insert and it looks sooooooooo cute!! Ill post a pic when I get chance!!

Oh and I got my changing bag free from Boots parenting club!!! No point buying one now!!

We haven't bought anything yet. I am going to go to a few NCT sales in January and make a start then.

We are starting the nursery then too.

Well I've now got virtually everything. Nearly £700 spent today!!

Time to get off the puter and into the shower now...

debecca said:
Well I've now got virtually everything. Nearly £700 spent today!!

Time to get off the puter and into the shower now...

Wow and I've only just got out of bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back