What have you bought so far?

*glow*

Reaction score
HI All

Went to have look at some stuff yesterday and ended up in a minor panic thinking 'I don't have anything and I don't know what I want to buy!' :shock:

However, being a born worrier means next week I will have a new thing to be concerned about!

So I thought I would see what you have all bought so far!

So far I have nothing, but... I think I am going to get the Quinny Buzz travel system (live in a flat) and that's about it! Although my friend is giving me a cot bed and new mattress as a gift :dance:

Ideas please!!!!! (oh and cheap websites gratefully received!!)

i havent brought much really.

picked up a couple of things at a jumble sale. got a steriliser there but dnt know if it works.

im waiting till closer to the time (or at least until after scan) as i feel ill be jinxing it.

Yeah, that's what I did, but because I am going on my hols and some prams have a 16 week wait (!!) I suddenly thought, oh no! I need to choose something!

To be honest, its only the Emmaljunger prams that have a waiting time, I don't think there is much of a prob with the rest.

Only a few more days til your scan AND your birthday. i would be near hysterical by now!! :dance:

*glow* said:
Yeah, that's what I did, but because I am going on my hols and some prams have a 16 week wait (!!) I suddenly thought, oh no! I need to choose something!

To be honest, its only the Emmaljunger prams that have a waiting time, I don't think there is much of a prob with the rest.

Only a few more days til your scan AND your birthday. i would be near hysterical by now!! :dance:

wow that is some wait.

i really am near hysterics. i am so excited, but worried too :doh:

i still havent told my parents what i want for my bday yet lol. i cnt decide :wall:

Ive just bid on a bath on ebay :D

I also have some new/used clothes given to me, some teddies (gifts) and a baby hair brush and comb set i bought myself because i just couldnt restist cuz it was soooooooooooo cute :wink:

So far we have got a cot bed, a moses basket and a pram. My mother in law is gathering lots of cotton wool, nappies ,clothes etc. I got some nappies the other day although the sizes confuse me as we dont know how big the baby is going to be

My mum has been sending me some babygros and vests from places like George and primark, I think I've got 10 newborn and 10 0-3 months.
2 towelling thingys for bathing
2 cardigans 0-3 months
bibs
socks
1 little pinafore dress
2 shorts
muslins
pram blanket

and then me and hubby ordered the cot, mattress, travel system last week.
still got to get soooo much though

I've bought everything you can think of from nail clippers and nasal asperators to clothes, cots, prams and car seats!! Anything baby might need we have it!! :D

We shopped mainly at:

Mamas & Papas
John Lewis
Mothercare
Next

Not the cheapest of stores I know but you can find some great bargains!

:think: all i've brought is clothes... which are all storted...phew, next month i'm getting the pram, cot bed etc... big things....

All we've bought is the pram with car seat & extras, a baby bouncer and baby walker, all in near perfect condition for £65 :cheer:
We've got a few items of clothing and blankets etc, all were gifts, and my cousin has lots bits and bobs, including things from nail clippers to bibs for us hehe

Because we're waiting to move it's like we're not in the 'nesting' spirit yet, this isn't the nicest place to live, so would rather buy more after moving :)

Redshoes said:

All we've bought is the pram with car seat & extras, a baby bouncer and baby walker, all in near perfect condition for £65 :cheer:
We've got a few items of clothing and blankets etc, all were gifts, and my cousin has lots bits and bobs, including things from nail clippers to bibs for us hehe

Because we're waiting to move it's like we're not in the 'nesting' spirit yet, this isn't the nicest place to live, so would rather buy more after moving :)

yeh that's how it was for us, we where living in are bedsit, but now we got are flat so where making that are nesting place... it' funny because i can really see her in are flat :D

Funny you should all be talking about this! DH is painting LOL!!

I went into town today and stocked up on brochures to research to my hearts content! How sad!

What travel systems/prams did you all buy?

I am thinking Quinny Buzz which I have quizzed people about on one of the other forums lol!

A new obsession for me - pram buying!!!

neeko_1 said:
yeh that's how it was for us, we where living in are bedsit, but now we got are flat so where making that are nesting place... it' funny because i can really see her in are flat :D

Aaawwwww so glad you are settling in and can see your Little Girl being at home there :cheer:

Very best wishes neeko_1 :hug:

kiddicare have some great bargains on them . well worth a look .

Also ebay has loads of stuff but well worth shopping around for bargains

happy shopping

Redshoes said:
neeko_1 said:

Aaawwwww so glad you are settling in and can see your Little Girl being at home there :cheer:

Very best wishes neeko_1 :hug:

thanks girl... and best wishes with your moving :wink: :hug:

We've bought one little outfit I'm a bit paranoid about buying things too early and we got this cradle on ebay just need to buy the matress and bedding to go with it now.

2111_2.JPG

Yesterday we went looking at prams we thought we'd decided on a 3 wheeler that was suitable from birth but when we got to John Lewis found this pram and think we're gonna go with it. Its a silver cross lovely push and looks really comfy for the baby.

prod_thu_2410.jpg

Oh god - I haven't got anything so far!! have chosen our travel system but putting off buying it for a couple of weeks or else the guarantee will be half finished before the baby has even laid in it!

My MIL has knitted the cutest little cardigan, she is just finishing the buttons etc... she showed me it at the weekend and it is so tiny and just adorable!

I spend my life cooing over Mothercare and Jojo maman bebe etc.. catalogues, must actually get shopping!

topbird we aint buying the pram yet apparently they have them in stock so we're gonna wait until I'm about 24/26 weeks before buying it then will have to store it at my in-laws as ma-in-law won't let me keep it at ours she's superstitious (sp) and to be honest so am I and if they hold onto it it will stop me fiddling with it all the time.

I've bought a few baby outfits from Adams sale. We've almost decided on which pram to get (subject to a "test drive") but won't order it for a month or so yet.

I have had a friend offering me bits and pieces but I'm really reluctant to get them and have them around the house for supersticious reasons. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back