What have you bought so far??

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
we havent bought anything, are waiting until the 20 wk scan as we want to be able to buy either blue or pink BUT OH's mum showed me last night that she has bought us a sterliser, bottles, dummy, vest suits and OH's bro's GF has already bought us a little suit with gloves and hat!!

Just wondering what you have bought?

and....what do we buy as in essentials?? OH's mum said we would be better making a list of things to buy, but i dont really know what to buy - i dont want to buy things what we wont need etc

Well i'm a few weeks behind you but i just couldn't resist going shopping yesterday and buying a few bits.

1stClothes.jpg

Mainly vests and sleepsuits, all neutral colours as we wont be finding out the sex.

Going shopping again on Wed with my mam so no doubt we will be adding to my little collection. I know its early but i feel like i've waited so long to even look at baby clothes never mind buy them.

xxxxx

I can't wait to start buying properly! Won't be finding out the sex and don't get another scan after the 12 week one so don't know what's stopping us really :think: I think because so many folk on here wait til their 20wk scan before the spending spree we're going to wait until around that time too.

Have bought a few bits and bobs though, bought a little cloth teddy after our first scan at 10 weeks, and a little jacket and bodysuit after our 13 week scan. OH also came home the other day with a blue bodysuit covered in pirate monkeys :think: He love's pirates and monkey's and apparently even if it's a girl she will too! :doh:

Can't stop looking at cots/prams etc, will hopefully think about starting to buy the bigger things over the next couple of months to spread the cost out a bit.

Sarah x

Hi Leanne,

Glad to see you about no wonder i couldn't find you changing your name!

We got things below:-
Dummies
cotton wool balls
Flannels
Sponges
Baby Bath, top and tail tub
Hair brush & comb
Scissors as they seem to have very long nails!
Blankets
Towel with head thingy - sorry very discriptive I know
Cot sheets
Bottles & Teats
Unisex baby grows from birth to 3 months
Disposable nappies if you stay in hospital.. our local doesn't allow resuable one no idea why so a pack or two of new born is nice to have.

The list could go on but i would say most of this would be a nice starting point and it seems some of the bits you have already covered.

I would suggest if someone would like to get you something then ask for one of the following if you have your mind set on a particular item then tell the person.. its better than you not using it!

Anyway sorry to barge in!
Kathy

I started shopping on saturday- well properly shopping (don't include the bits I bought at the baby show ages ago!)
I got changing mat, cot mobile and one of those towel things with hoods like mibiuk! (I can't remember what they are called either!)
The newly refurbished Babiesrus was opened on Saturday in brent cross so I went along there as I'm going for the I love my bear range. Love it!
Next Monday I'm planning on going to Kiddicare with dh to get more stuff- woohoo, love shopping without the feeling of guilt!

So far I've got

15 bibs
6 sleepsuits
10 vests
3 scratch mittens (pairs of.... I dont think my beans going to have 3 hands :rotfl: )
cot sheets
2 flat sheets
socks
a romper suit coat thing
some baby bath things (shampoo, baby wash, cotton wool, baby wipes etc etc)

We've chosen which pushchair and cot and nursery range we want but we're not buying too much until after we've had our 20 weeks scan.

It's all neutral too because we're staying team green

I was going through all our baby stuff last night to see what we have and what we need and was suprised how much we have already!
We have quite abit of clothes mostly sleepsuits and body suits, a vibrating chair my friend brought me, a changing bag, a bath suport (second hand from a friend) towels, blankets, a nappy stacker, cot tidy and mobile that all match, a comforter thats so cute from my nan, a stuffed giraffe and have started stocking up on nappies. My sister says she has started buying me bits for my hospital bag so have left that too her, she has a 6 month old so knows beter then me what I need, she also brought another vibrating chair not knowing I have one and that will be kept at my mums, my mum has brought a car seat for when baby or my nephew is in her car and a push chair to be kept at hers (not entirely sure why that would be necessary though :think: )

Ooo yay I like knowing what people have got.

So far we have......
Car seat £20 from friend
Cot (needs Mattress) free from mummy and daddy it was my little brothers
Mosses basket and stand £20 from friend
Play ring Free from friend
Bottle Sterilizer (need to buy bottles) £10 from friend
Nappies (not enough but gradually buying more)
LOADS of clothes! Absolutely loads all we really need is a coat and a big fluffy body suit for her we have only spent about £20 the rest have all been given to us from people we know who have had babes recently
Changing bag £5 from Primark a huge red pokadot bag!
:)

Well i have been given a few sleep suits and have only bought two towels with hoods, a blanket, and my OH decided to buy some scratch mittens and a summer hat (which really isnt gonna help much for a baby born in November!) LOL.. at least he tried!

Im dying to go mad but i havent really got anything to put all the stuff in yet. Im unfortunately still in a 1 bed house so space is tight. I may go and buy an ottoman and a set of drawers with a baby changer on the top. I really want to buy a cot aswell (seen a small one in Mothercare) but thats probably a bit much being only 14 weeks preggers! May wait til later.

Claire x

Yayyy nickilubs youve made me feel to much better about being a hoarder soon as i foujnd out i was pg i went up into my mums loft and got down all my old baby clothes ( theyre all desginer portifino, oilily osh kosh etc ) sorted out what i could use, washed and ironed it, so thats been sitting there a while n weve slowly accumulated from friends buying bits n bobs, me buying bits n bobs, ebay practically GIVING me things :p

But heres some of the stuff iv got from here there and everyhwere so far !!

72038001_m.jpg
£10 with rocking stand, ebay !!

1503875480.jpg
( nicer in real life, lids green !! £5 tk maxx with pack of bottles hidden inside we found when we got home !!

DSCN1263.jpg
chairty shop- 50p with tag on AND hat !!

40549_PE134240_S4.jpg

present from friend

cant find pics of anything else :p

God looks so random when you put the pics up, looks nice otgether i promise, everythings lilac and pale green, so should be ok for both, and were yet to buy anything for more than halfprice !

I only have a few clothing bits (although I have just bought a bundle of 54 0-3month clothing on ebay).

OH keeps telling me to wait a bit as we live in a smallish house and we don't want to overcrowd ourselves.

I think I will start getting more bits when I have finished work (only 4 weeks to go) :cheer:

not brought anything yet. My dad got us a little pair of shoes and a cute little teddy, my mum knitted a few little hats, but thats it.

We just moved over to the states, and here they have baby showers like you couldnt imagine..lol..they get you everything. Feel slightly uncomfortable about it really as all of the people coming are my husbands friends, and i dont know them. eeek!

I think we'll start buying after the shower and know what we do and dont have.

I've bought EVERYTHING. I'm stocking up on all the little bits now like nappies, baby wash, baby wipes etc... Not as much fun :(

I've bought;
- Travel system
- Bouncer
- Bathing chair
- Bathing set out of Argos which has a baby toothbrush, baby hairbrush, baby tweezers, nail clippers, thermometer (water and room ones) it's amazing and only £14.99!
- Dressing gowns
- Sleeping bags for babies
- LOADS of clothes! Up until about 9 months old - she's seriously kitted out lol :roll:
- Sterilizer
- Bottles
- Dummies
- Muslin squares
- Cot
- Moses basket
- Blankets
- Wardrobe & chest of drawers set (pink of course :wink: )
- Memory box

The list is endless! I won't bore you with the rest but yeah, I've not got anything left to buy :( lol

Have fun baby shopping hun! Not long to go :cheer: :cheer:

we bought booties, a little furry coat, baby vests and a teddy canvas for the bedroom

hubby bought more baby vests

my mum bought scratch mits and bibs

hubbys aunt bought bibs, a sleepsuit and a towel with the corner u can put on babies head!

and...everything is white and we really cant wait to start buying non-unisex items!!

think once weve had our scan we shall really go for it!!

we have just about got everything now, only got to get moses basket, bouncer or swinger.

I've been looking at what everyone has bought and really want to go and buy lots more but thought id check with my sister-in law who has recently had a baby. These were her tips:

1. Dont buy bottles just yet as there is a big problem with certain chemicals in bottles. She believes that the price of the non chemical bottles will come down when places like asda will start doing them.

2. Dont buy the steriliser until i have the bottles as some fit and some dont. She recommends the microwavable steriliser.

3. She said napper wrappers werent that great and it costs a fair bit to keep replacing the cartridge

4. Dont go over the top on newborn baby clothes as if you have a big baby they will be out of them before you know it

5. buy a few hats as your baby has to wear these in hospital and they recommend you dont wash the baby for a while so all that gunk on the head gets on the hats

6. Baby sleeping bags are great but are not recommended until about 2 months

7. Mothercare do a great baby bath which sits in the bath and isnt plastic so more sturdy

8. The NHS anti natal classes were very good and she advised me to take these rather than paying hundreds on a NCT class. A couple of her friends did the NCT ones and said they wish they had just stuck to the NHS ones. Saying that my friend said the opposite.

9. When buying a pushchair make sure you have solid wheels not ones which can get punctures

So... all in all... the conversation saved me a fair bit of money. I think i'll go and buy some cot bedding.. that i WILL need!!

Claire x

Oh dear! i feel a little bit disorganised now!! :oops:

Ive bought cute little outfits that ive seen like my first liverpool kit (romper) and ive got these 2 matching tops from 'no added sugar' they say menace on the front one is for the baby which is tiny and one is for my older son ... take a look .. http://www.littlesunflowers.com/menace- ... -4444.html unfortunately i think im going to be one of those mums that dresses my boys in the same - he he poor them!! and ive bought some mini k-swiss trainers that are soooooo cute in my catalogue sale for £10 and my mum has bought our cot from babies r us its a dark wood sleigh one, i havent seen it yet as shes keeping it at her house!!

Im hoping to buy the buggy, car seat, crib, moses basket etc this weekend as my local baby shop is having a big sale!!!! Im sooooooooo excited :dance:

x x x x

I already have everything!!!
Well apart from pink clothes - and we've started to stock up on them already!!!

I have had to buy a new pram, I've got the phil and ted's double that is both a single and double pram. Were paying it off each month so it'll be a couple of months before we'll actually get it.

We will have to get another cot at some point. The one Oliver is in at the moment will become a bed for him, so the baby will need a cot. Either that, or we just buy a little toddler bed for him so the baby can move into the cot when she's 5-6 months or so from the crib.

Other than buying new bottles when she's 6 months or so (I'll be breastfeeding), then there isn't really anything else I need. I have so much stuff from the boys that if I bought anything it probably wouldn't get used!!!

Oh, and Gem - I dress my boys in the same!
I have a selection of t-shirts that are the same that they both wear! I think it's cute! I have the same raincoat for them both too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back