What Aspects of Motherhood Do you Struggle With?

kazlin

Reaction score
Generally, touch wood, I haven't really struggled much regarding Daniel which I am so pleased and grateful for, he really is a little delight :D The only thing I do struggle with from time to time is the sleepless nights. I was so used to having a straight eight hours sleep, that waking up in the early hours was definately hard to begin with. It is getting better though and occasionally he does sleep all the way through...he also occasionally wakes up twice a night!

Is there anything you struggle with? :)

The lack of me time. It's ok if she is asleep nicely by 7, but sometimes she'll play up for a few nights and i don't get the few hours I love, to read or have a bath etc, and I find that time very important :D

I struggle not to get really angry with caitlyn when she keeps waking in the night - espesh when i no she is crying for no reason.

I think generally it's the moaning for no reason. She'll scream in my face, kick her legs, throw her arms and arch her back, and i have no idea what to do with her. I'll get upset coz i think it must be some obvious answer that any good mum would know! I think i'm doing a terrible job. And i feel guilty coz she's so happy and generally a very easy baby.

zebrastripes said:
The lack of me time. It's ok if she is asleep nicely by 7, but sometimes she'll play up for a few nights and i don't get the few hours I love, to read or have a bath etc, and I find that time very important :D

I agree.

I think that it came as a bit of a shock to us after our recent holiday to France that holidays wont be relaxing for a long time to come!

LisaJ1986 said:
I think generally it's the moaning for no reason. She'll scream in my face, kick her legs, throw her arms and arch her back, and i have no idea what to do with her. I'll get upset coz i think it must be some obvious answer that any good mum would know! I think i'm doing a terrible job. And i feel guilty coz she's so happy and generally a very easy baby.

Ditto - :)

midna said:
Waking up every 30 mins in the night

Is she still sleeping badly? On the whole, Finn goes to bed at 7ish and will wake up around 4am then after a feed and a nappy change will sleep till about 7

having no money but yet wanting to spend so much on him :oops:

other then that , im loving it i think :cheer:

the fact it is 24:7

I love everything about being a mum but would love a couple of hours off every day! :?

I would say the general 'worries' that come with motherhood affect me the most. Im much, much chilled than i was but when my lo was first born i worried about something happening to him. I am probs over protective over some things as a result of thinking like this.

Jade&Evie said:
the fact it is 24:7

I love everything about being a mum but would love a couple of hours off every day! :?

That was the hardest to begin with - you think that you might get a lie in at the weekend...but no...there's no day off :sleep:

the tantrums!! i struggle with whinging, i'm not very tolerant of bad behaviour and have a short fuse! i've done a lot of walking away and counting to ten lately!! :lol:

it used to be the sleepless nights but hes pretty good now.

I struggle with doing James' homework with him. I either forget its there or havent got time.
Dont know why he's got homework anyway, he's only in primary 1! I did nothing but play with toys in my first year at school. He's expected to read and write!

The repetiton of play. I feel I must be a bad mum because I often find playing with Stanley boring :oops:

There's only so many times I can read about how Bob the Builder saved the hedgehogs before I switch off.................

The violence. Kai attacking kids/adults. It really gets to me , there is no talking to him sometimes, attack, attack, attack. And everytime we go somewhere we end up leaving early cos of the bad behaviour.

the lack of me time sometimes, though generally as they have got older its a lot easier then it was and the siblings amuse each other while i crackon with stuff.

Generally im finding it all a doddle as they both sleep well, eat their tea and generally dont give me any hassle.

Last time i go frazzled with thm both was when she was teething and she was so unhappy bless her, and it clipped my wings for a few days - was resigned to bouncing her in her chair and watched tv instead of my wifely chores.

Im loving parenthood at the moment :D

To be honest nothing.... I enjoy every second of it.

I know we have been blessed with a well behaved girl who happily makes her own entertainment if we are doing something else.

I sometimes get depressed when Brian is away as I miss the adult conversation but thats it really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back