Wetting herself

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
I feel so embarrassed having to write this but I need some advice as I've done everything I can!
For the past few months, Lacey has started wetting herself. Only during the day but it's everyday!! Since charley's arrived it's got worse so I think it's an attention thing! I've tried reward charts, talking to her, ignoring her and nothings worked! When I ask her why she does it she says she doesn't know. I took her to the doctor the other day thinking it might be a UTI but her wee sample came back completly clear and even the doctor said it's behavioural! He said Im doing everything right to help her stop it but didn't give me any advice! It's got to the point now where she permanently stinks of wee!
What else can I do to stop it? I'm getting so upset over it!

When I got pregnant with Oscar, nell started pooing in her knickers! She skidded at least every day. After months of giving treats for skid free days and lots of praise and understanding she just grew out of it. I hear it's quite common. Sorry I'm not much help x

Last edited:
Is it at home or at school hun? I personally think it's an atttention thing where Carley has arrived ifykwim? Jacob has started refusing to go to bed the last couple of weaks screaming NO at me and kicking me :dohh:

Shes only done it twice at school, it's always at home! She even weed while sat on my lap yesterday! It's getting really annoying now! I hope she grows out of it soon!

Yea, Nell only EVER did it at home. never at nursery. She was potty trained at 18 months so I knew it was'nt an accident or anything. It went down her legs and everything. she just said one day "im gonna try not to skid today" and that was it!!

I've asked Lacey to stop and she said she would but she hasn't! It must be hard for her having charley now cos it's just me looking after them both so all my attention is on him so this is her way of getting my attention I just wish she could do something else! I don't think I'd find it so bad if she didn't smell so bad! I'm constantly having to bath her and wash her clothes!!

:( its so hard having them do bad, then having to reward them for not being bad isnt it? jacobs not potty trained yet, but knows full well when hes gonna pee! and has a habit off taking off pyjamas and sleepsuits no matter how they do up and taking off his nappy in bed aswell :wall2:

Aw bless him! Sounds like he's ready to be potty trained though x x

He is, I've been trying for a few months!! Just a shame he gets it in the floor 6/10 instead of the potty lol never mind, luckily I've got laminate!! Maybe this weekend you could take Lacey to see a film and leave Charley with Tim for a bit? That way Lacey gets some mummy time x x (again rewarding for bad it seems but may help) x x

Tim said he'll take Lacey out for abit this weekend as before I had charley, they used to spend every weekend together while I worked! x x

How is she now Hun? I do think maybe she would benefit from one to one time from either you and Tim without the baby being there now snd again.

I remember my oldest having a habit of holding in his poos and end up pooing or marking his pants.. We told him he'd have to go back in nappies.. He never did it again lol

Last edited:
I tried the nappy bribing! She said she didn't wanna wear them but still wet herself! Tims taken her out today, not sure where they've gone though!

Is she going for poo's ok ? if her bowls are blocked it will push up on her bladder and make her wet herself without even noticing till its to late, if her bowls are fine then id suggest a little pot of sweets outside the toilet and everytime she goes for a wee she gets a treat.

Yeah going for poo's fine! That's a good idea about the sweets! Will try that! :)

She's better with the weeing but now she's started hitting me to get attention! I spoke to my friend earlier and her little boy was the same when she had her daughter and he grew out of it in a couple of months

Aw hon, this must be really stressful. I don't have any advice as Harrison isn't potty trained yet but I do get the hitting thing and he only does it to me. he then hugs me to 'make mummy happy'. It's been a constant thing since he's started to hear more about a new baby coming so I think i'm in for a rough time too. I hope this gets better for u soon x x x

Ava started doing this just after Maddie was born.

I found it really difficult at first to deal with but I dealt with it by ignoring it & putting her in the shower,cleaning her up,changing her clothes and getting on with the day.. If there was a day where she didn't wet herself then she would get a treat. The strawberry sweet out of a box of quality street or something. She soon stopped :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back