Weight loss

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

I lost just under a stone giving birth to Thomas (I put on 3 and a half) All my friends who had a baby told me they fitted in their pre pregnancy clothes after a week. Well, I have tried and I cannot even put my legs in my trousers, I must have grown of 2 sizes, which would made me a size 18 :shock: :shock: :oops:

How long did it take you to go back to roughly your pre pregnancy size/weight and what did you do to lose weight knowing you cannot do any exercise for the first 6 weeks?

Nathalie

It took me about 4 weeks!!! i didnt excerise thou im just one of those annoying people who is naturally slim!!!! lol

Dont worry hun its only been a few weeks you will get your figure back soon. if you are breatfeeding then this helps you lose the weight quicker as all the fat stores laid down on your hips and thighs etc are used up for breastfeeding so you regain your figure quicker!!! (apparently!!!)

i put on 2 stone having aimée and I'm 2lb heavier now than when I got pregnant so I'm happy about that but my pre pregnancy clothes won't go near me, my waists still about 3-4 inches bigger than it was and I still have to wear maternity clothes. Not happy still been a frump!

I was a size 12 before I got pg the first time. Jessica was a big baby and I never really lost a lot of weight after. My tummy is really saggy and I never done much about it and settled at a size 14/ 16. Im pg again and crapping myself incase I put on a lot of weight again.
I was starting to lose weight though just before I got pg with running around after a toddler and all.
I suppose it depends how much exercise you do. I didnt do much and paid the price.
I dont know if this will make you feel better or worse but hang in there, I havent thrown out my size 12 levis and will be in them one day.

I lost 1 stone 2lb when Ella was born, and have lost a further 6lb since then (4lb in the past couple of days since she's been breastfeeding quite a bit). I've still got 2 stone 2lb to lose before I am back at my prepregnancy weight, so a looooong way to go!

I put on about 3 stone and lost a stone and a half when Jayden was born, I need to lose half a stone now to get back to 9stone my pre pregnancy weight but it's the inches on my bum hips and waist I have put on so I am getting on my trusty slim fast and Zantrex 3 diet supplement. Not a healthy option really, but had to stop breast feeding last week as Jay was far too damanding and was making me ill so can start on that, so in a month or so i should be back to the 10 I was before. Good thing is that I can crash diet and it takes a very long time to put it back on if at all so it works for me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I gained 40lbs during pregnancy and lost 22lbs the first week. After that it slowly came off. I was 103lbs pre-pregnancy and I'm around 112lbs now. Perfectly fine with my weight now, not trying to lose anymore. I can fit into some of my pre-preggo jeans, if they have a tad stretch in them. The others won't go past my hips.

AmberNicole - you are tiny!!

I was 9st 4lb (130lb) pre-preg, went to 8st 4lb (116lb) by 10weeks PG due to Hyperemesis, and the day my waters broke I was 10st 2lb (142lb). So I either gained 12lb, or 26lb depending on which figure you look at. Wonder what I would have put on full term....
I didn't seem to put much weight on whilst pregnant, but Damien was quite big for 34weeks so I must have put it on in the right places.

2 weeks after having Damien I was 8st 12lb and have stayed at that. Dispite weighing less than I did before I got pregnant, I have had to throw away all but 3 pairs of trousers as the rest simply would not get over my new found 'motherly hips'.

Don't think (before you call me skinny!) that because I weigh less post-pregnancy that I don't have fat where it wasn't before though. I certainly am still chunky round my thighs and my tummy is still flabby. I just don't want to lose anymore weight than I have already so I'm not exercising to get rid of it yet. Hoping time will be the healer?!! :)

Back to my 10's now so am chuffed, 6 weeks on and flat belly too. xxxxxxxxxxx

I got back into my jeans when Aaron was about 5 weeks old. I'm now down to a smaller size than before I was pregnant but my stomach still looks like a sack of spuds haha. Exercise is doing me good though!

Im finding it very difficult to like some of you skinny ladies,

Only kidding,

Laura.

what do you new mums advise? i've never really been into exercise so starting now seems a waste of time.. or is it? i ask DH if he'd take me swimming twice a week.. (although i was told just the other day i shouldn't go swimming till i'm 16 weeks - is there anything a pregnant woman can do or eat - did anyone else get fed up of people telling them what they should and shouldn't do? half of it being myths - sorry for going off the subject) anyway.... what should i do to ensure i get back to pre pregnancy shape asap after giving birth? is there something that worked for you lot or something you wished you'd of done differently (not moaning at the advise given on here)

x

Hi Hayley, hope you're well

I think it's a myth that you can't go swimming until 16 weeks. I used to go to aquanatal and women at all stages of pregnancy were encouraged to come.

Swimming's a great way to stay fit during pregnancy and you'll feel better for it too - go for it!! :D

Hi,
I put on two and a half stone when I was pregnant with my son and in truth it took an entire year before I was back to my original size. I breastfed for nine months and it wasn't really until the end of that that I started shifting the final weight. My advice is don't worry about it, I had clothes that ranged across 3 different sizes for that year. Having a baby is a very tiring time and your body needs extra calories and the last thing you need is stress about whether or not you're losing weight.
To be honest I was really surprised that I took this stance since throughout the whole of my pregnancy Iwas paranoid about my weight and prior to being pregnant was the same. But I have no regrets about it taking a year and I'll do it again this time around - 11 weeks pregnant currently. I really enjoyed those first few months, very tring but I ate what I wanted when I wanted and just didn't worry about it.
Hope this helps.

Kristy

Hi Hayley,
I go swimming a lot and havent heard about the 16 week thing. I didnt really get back to be pre preg weight and that was my own fault. The minute I found out I was pregant with the first baby I came of my weight watchers diet and ate. And ate. And ate. When I had baby I made excuse after excuse not to lose weight so Ive had a bit of a reality check with pregnancy 2. Im being carefull not to eat too much and will be concentrating on losing weight after the birth. Because Ive been sick Ive actually lost weight during the pregnancy which worries me.

Every body is different and wether you lose it 2 weeks or 2 years after it doesnt really matter.

I lost almost all my pregnancy wieght within the first couple of days after giving birth as I was so ill I didn't eat a thing for days. Now Rubie is 3 weeks old and I can't quite get into my jeans but I do have a flat stomach and no stretch marks YAY!!

I put on about 2 stone when pregnant and have lost it all since but still have the flabby spare tyre thing going on. FIL keeps saying I should start going down the gym :evil: but I ignore him, am breastfeeding so will naturally have a bit extra around the hips etc. Have stretch marks though, got to 40 weeks and started getting them. Everyday I went over I kept gettign a new one as being 13 days overdue wasn't enough suffering!!! Can get into some pre-pregnancy trousers but they are a bit snugger than before.

I went through a stage of losing 1lb a day, but even with that I still have 1 and a half stone left to loose. I am in size 16 stuff now, I was a 14 before. Initially I was in size 18 stuff after I gave birth. My tummy is pretty flat with no stretchmarks, but I still have a bit of a jelly belly going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back