|Anyone else struggling with their weight loss after birth??

Full of hope!

Reaction score
When I was pregnant I put on 3 stone :shock: I was 11 st 7lbs before I got pregnant, which is average size for me and suits my build. I felt great at that weight :D

Anyway i'm now 12 st 12lbs and have been since Jacob was a few weeks old :( and I just can't shift any of it :wall: I try my hardest to eat healthily, go for long walks and i'm constantly on the go but my good intentions seem to slip mid week and by the end of the week i've lost the plot totally! Where is my will-power?! I need to loose the weight and I know i'll feel loads better for it so why do I keep undoing my hard work... I loose 2lb then put it back on :wall:

Anyone else in the same boat? How long did it take you to get back down to your pre-pregnancy weight?

I lost most of my weight straight away- I was 8stone before I fell pregnant and 10stone just before she was born.

I still have another 5lbs to lose but I just can't seem to get rid of it! I don't eat half as much now as I did beofre I was pregnant because I don't have time, I don't drink and I take E out for a walk everyday for at least an hour but for some reason they don't want to shift!

:wall: It's really frustrating and I don't want to go to the gym (which I have to pay for :wall: ) because a) I don't have the energy and b) I don't want to strain anything

I'm pretty much the same as you. I put on about 3 stone and I'm really struggling to lose it. I lost the first 1 1/2 stone right at the beginning but the rest is proving to be difficult. I've cut out all sweet things (had huge sweet tooth during pregnancy) and eat 3 good meals a day with long walks and thought it would drop off, instead its 1 pound off every now and again. I've started swimming twice a week and now I'm counting calories - please let it work soon :pray:

Keep your chin up and persevere!

Gene
xxx

Dont worry im finding it so hard to loose weight to. I was a size 8 before i got pregnant and was lucky that i only put a bit of weight on everywhere and just had a huge football belly. Only problem now is ive lost weight and look exactly the same from behind pre-pregnancy BUT! ive still got a bulging tummy! Its horrible as a dont look big just about 3/4months pregnant :(

Ive had people come up to look at ky and then say "gosh he's young and your expecting another already?!" and even my OH nan said to me yesterday "Gosh you sure you havent got another one in there, your bigger than thea!" (who is my cousin and is 24weeks pregnant) When people say stuff like that i dont no whether to burst out crying or knock their heads off!

Its made me feel really insecure about my body and ive NEVR been like that before so dont worry your not alone!

im hvaing an awfull time and altho im still just under pre pregnancy weight im not happy cos im huge , i lost 2 stone in pregnancy , gained a stone back in the later months , then lost that stone giving birth , i felt great when i came out of hossy i was 2 stone lighter then when i got pregnant ! but ive gained that back , and im feeling horrid as its kinda gone back on where my bump was so i look preggy :cry: im now nearly 16st again :oops: :cry:

I started weight watchers 2 weeks ago, lost 8lbs up to now just another 3 stone 4 to go :(

Officially today I am back to pre pregnancy weight, only took nearly 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now 7st 4lb. Ive been eating healthily but I think my training for race for life has helped. Walking is brilliant exercise.

my natural weight is about 7st.10 and full-term pregnancy i was 11st.7; 2 weeks after the birth i was 9st.10 and i stayed around that weight for several months, which i felt was too heavy for me. when my daughter was 5 months old the weight started coming off slowly and am now around 7st. iv gone a bit too far but it can be done, good luck :hug:

I made the mistake of weighing myself yesterday - how depressing. I was never weighed during my pregnancy so had no idea how much I put on but I'd say I've got at least 3 stone to loose :(

oh well 9months to put it on - probably 9 years to take it off :lol:

I was over weight any way when I got pregnant with both Aimee and Nathan. I ended up exactly the same weight after Nathan was born that I was before I even got caught with Aimee. But by the time Nathan was 12 months old I had gained another stone :( . He's now 16 months and I'm back on track and starting to shift the weight finally, it's just took ages. I've now lost almost 4 stone but I still want to loose another 3 after that. Taking me forever!

in some women pregnancy can mess up your thyroid which affects your metabolism- so for some of you it genuinely isnt your fault if the weight isnt shifting- if your metabolism has slowed it will be an uphill battle .....the best you can do to counteract it is the basics of eating healthily little and often ( 6 small meals better than 3 big meals- it keeps your metabolism burning faster) - and try to get some exercise at least 30 mins 3 x a week (a brisk walk is fine).

Failing that - whats worked for me is to have an ongoing and increasing dose of stress, and you will be unable to eat cos your stomachs churning with anxiety, and burning so much nervous energy the weight falls of you :rotfl: :rotfl: (no i dont recommend that!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back